no rbds???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no rbds???

I can't believe this has never come up, but I did a search for it and didn't find anything. I had an overnight test drive on a '07 Type-S, and one thing I noticed is that the radio apparently doesn't have RBDS. Is that true, or did I overlook it? I looked through the menus and checked the manual, but I couldn't find anywhere to enable it if it's really there.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Instructor

This may be a really dumb question, but what are RBDs? I honestly have no clue what that stands for.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
really boring driving station
Old 04-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think he's referring to what we have called on here RDS (Radio Data System) in which song and station information is transmitted and displayed on your headunit. Apparrently the name in the US is suppose to be RBDS (Radio Broadcast Data System) but most people use RDS.

To the OP, no the TL does not have RBDS. This has been discussed here before and appears on most people's list of features that should be included as most point out that many low priced cars have this option.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by AMIC
I think he's referring to what we have called on here RDS (Radio Data System) in which song and station information is transmitted and displayed on your headunit. Apparrently the name in the US is suppose to be RBDS (Radio Broadcast Data System) but most people use RDS.

To the OP, no the TL does not have RBDS. This has been discussed here before and appears on most people's list of features that should be included as most point out that many low priced cars have this option.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm referring to; on my S4, the button to toggle it is labeled RBDS. Thanks for clearing that up, but what a bummer. I've really gotten used to having it. That non-inclusion is even more of a head-scratcher than AWD.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Lt. Dangle

Originally Posted by tattri
Yes, that's exactly what I'm referring to; on my S4, the button to toggle it is labeled RBDS. Thanks for clearing that up, but what a bummer. I've really gotten used to having it. That non-inclusion is even more of a head-scratcher than AWD.
Do the stations in your area actually provide any interesting RBDS data (artist and song names, traffic or weather alerts)? Where I live, there is only one station broadcasting data and all it ever says is the station call sign.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by enormus
Do the stations in your area actually provide any interesting RBDS data (artist and song names, traffic or weather alerts)? Where I live, there is only one station broadcasting data and all it ever says is the station call sign.
Yeah, actually. There's only one station out of about six that I listen to in Atlanta that doesn't broadcast artist & song info.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Advanced

It is more useful in Europe where they broadcast traffic information, breaking news, and other important information. I think that the TL should have it as well.