New speakers. Need install help

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 02:32 AM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
New speakers. Need install help

I decided to upgrade the front door speakers, center channel and tweeters and keep the stock amp. Im just looking for some better SQ.

Im using all Infinity speakers. Everything is rated at 2ohms and each speaker has its own crossover
63.9i doors
10.9t tweeters
32.9cf center channel

From my understanding, the doors and center channel are basically a direct drop in with some trimming and cutting required. No problems there.

The tweeters on the other hand are a different story. Ive seen some posts that say to re-use the stock crossover/capacitor with new tweeters. What needs to be done? Is it as simple as connecting the stock wires to the infinity supplied crossover then the crossover to the tweeter and all finished?

<---yes noob

one more thing, what would recommend for the rear deck? a 2way speaker?

Last edited by libert69; 06-03-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by libert69
I decided to upgrade the front door speakers, center channel and tweeters and keep the stock amp. Im just looking for some better SQ.

Im using all Infinity speakers. Everything is rated at 2ohms and each speaker has its own crossover
63.9i doors
10.9t tweeters
32.9cf center channel

From my understanding, the doors and center channel are basically a direct drop in with some trimming and cutting required. No problems there.

The tweeters on the other hand are a different story. Ive seen some posts that say to re-use the stock crossover/capacitor with new tweeters. What needs to be done? Is it as simple as connecting the stock wires to the infinity supplied crossover then the crossover to the tweeter and all finished?

<---yes noob

one more thing, what would recommend for the rear deck? a 2way speaker?
I'm right there with you bro. I decided to do Harmins sister line.

JBL GTO 628 2-ways to replace doors and rear deck. I'll replace dash tweeters/center at a later date. If you want to sell your other 3.5in speaker, let me know...lol.

I decided against components as i was trying to get as much clarity/volume as possible using stock amp so all these added tweeters (6 after install) should def give me that.

I digress... To answer your question, my 08 accord had factory x-overs. I used the x-overs that came with my components so i could adjust the tweeter levels if ever needed to.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:56 AM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
Ill be selling the other Infinity 3.5 speaker since I dont need it. The speakers will be here on the 8th so Ill let you know when they are here and you can have first dibs on it if you still want it.

So ill just use the crossover that comes with the speakers.

To those who have infinity tweeters...are the crossovers all ready set up to be functional or do i have to adjust them myself?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by libert69
Ill be selling the other Infinity 3.5 speaker since I dont need it. The speakers will be here on the 8th so Ill let you know when they are here and you can have first dibs on it if you still want it.

So ill just use the crossover that comes with the speakers.

To those who have infinity tweeters...are the crossovers all ready set up to be functional or do i have to adjust them myself?
Can I call dibs on the center channel now?
Old 06-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Middle Finger anyone?

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I wouldn't call dibs till he quotes a price. Since the OP brought it up in this thread then go ahead and pm him. No reason to wait for it to hit the black market.

By the way no one answered his question...I don't know the answer tho.