New owner....couple of question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 07:37 AM
My Daily Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New owner....couple of question

Well, I will be picking up my NBP 6MT/Navi this afternoon, and I went out and bought a Black RAZR yesterday. Can someone give me a quick idiots guide to pairing it with the TL?

I have been lurking here since last week and reading a lot of threads, but just want to confirm what I think I need to do!

Thanks,
John
Old 09-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are very good instructions on how to pair in the owner's manual. I have a RAZR and it worked on the first try.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:21 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by johnny--2k
Well, I will be picking up my NBP 6MT/Navi this afternoon, and I went out and bought a Black RAZR yesterday. Can someone give me a quick idiots guide to pairing it with the TL?

I have been lurking here since last week and reading a lot of threads, but just want to confirm what I think I need to do!

Thanks,
John
Motorola RAZR v3 Pairing Instructions:

IMPORTANT: You must press and release the HandsFreeLink talk button on the steering wheel and wait for the beep before you speak. This step is required before all spoken commands.

Power on the phone and ensure Bluetooth® is ON. Please refer to your phone's user guide for steps to turn on Bluetooth.

Press and release the Talk button on the steering wheel and wait for the "beep" before you speak. Repeat this step before all spoken commands.

Say "phone setup"

Say "pair"

Say any 4-digit PIN code for pairing. Remember it as you will need to enter it into your phone later. HandsFreeLink will now instruct you to begin the pairing process in the phone.

Press the MENU button on the phone

Choose SETTINGS and press SELECT

Scroll to CONNECTION and press SELECT

hoose BLUETOOTH LINK and press SELECT

Scroll to HANDS-FREE and press SELECT

Scroll to LOOK FOR DEVICES and press SELECT.

HandsFreeLink should appear on the device list. Choose HandsFreeLink and press SELECT.

"BOND WITH HandsFreeLink"" will appear. Press YES.

Enter the 4 digit PIN from earlier step and press OK

When prompted, say the desired phone name

You should hear "pairing successful"

www.acura.com
Old 09-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, another good step is on the phone in Bluetooth Device Properties (not sure what it's called exactly on your RAZR) to turn on Trusted so that the phone doesn't prompt you everytime you try to access connectivity with your phone and TL HandsfreeLink. Enjoy.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:41 AM
My Daily Driver

I was playing with the phone last night and I didn't see anything like that. There is the Hands Free, Power, and Find Me as the only options.

AMIC: do you have to re-pair the phone to the car everytime you get in, or do you leave bluetooth on all the time with the phone? I've heard this kills the battery.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't have to re-pair everytime I get in the car. I leave Bluetooth on all the time, but even if I did turn it off all I need to do is turn it back on using the Bluetooth --> Setup --> Power --> On menu option. It does run the battery a lot faster than not having it on, but I can go at least 3 days. I don't talk a whole lot on it though.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:29 AM
My Daily Driver

awesome! Well, had the car all day now, and I LOVE it! check out the gallery later tonight for some pictures.....I will get some now, and more tomorrow!
Old 10-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnny--2k

Thanks,
John
I'm probably too late since the note was Sept 2004 but if you've still have problems pairing the razr let me know. I've got the same and have paired it a couple of times (not the car's fault - I've replaced the razr). The key was that you need to discover the car with the phone - not the other way around, the voice instructions sort of tell you the opposite by telling you to make the phone discoverable rather than in discovery mode.