New Guy w/ Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Coolest A-zine Member

Received 172 Likes on 163 Posts
New Guy w/ Questions...

So I'm looking to get into a TL in the near future and I have a few questions about my options for installing a system. I've tried to search and read up for the last few weeks but I'm finally just going to make a thread and hopefully get some questions answered so I can be ready to go once I find a TL I like.

I'm going to be installing 2 Digital Design 3510d's, 2 amps (sub and component), 6.5" components (this is the door size right?). Now I'm looking at non-navi and navi TL's but I'm not sure which one I "should" be looking at for my setup...if that makes sense lol. I'll try to break up the questions to make it easier on replying...

1. It seems like the stock TL navi is very nice and everyone is happy with it but is it able to run 2 amps and have enough power to cleanly run a nice system like this? Would I need to purchase anything (rockford 3sixty?...or is this just for stock?).

2. This is an option if #1 doesn't work or if I find a TL w/o navi. I like the look and customization of Double Din's but it seems that there is no way to have one put in where the stock navi. would go. Is there no bracket out for the TL that will do this? I've seen some with the double din mounted below the "stock navi" position but I think that looks out of place and the shifter seems to be in the way.

It seems that within my price range ($11K) I'm finding more high mileage and non-navi TL's so I'd really like to be able to put a double din in where the stock navi goes since it will look much better and have the EQ, navi., and customization I need. Hopefully I worded this correctly..any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Old 07-28-2010, 12:24 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by TL-Noob
1. It seems like the stock TL navi is very nice and everyone is happy with it but is it able to run 2 amps and have enough power to cleanly run a nice system like this?
Yes.

Would I need to purchase anything (rockford 3sixty?...or is this just for stock?).
No. This is optional.

2. This is an option if #1 doesn't work or if I find a TL w/o navi. I like the look and customization of Double Din's but it seems that there is no way to have one put in where the stock navi. would go. Is there no bracket out for the TL that will do this? I've seen some with the double din mounted below the "stock navi" position but I think that looks out of place and the shifter seems to be in the way.
I don't know if there's a kit available. But, I think I recall there being a couple of people who've done what you want.

It seems that within my price range ($11K) I'm finding more high mileage and non-navi TL's so I'd really like to be able to put a double din in where the stock navi goes since it will look much better and have the EQ, navi., and customization I need. Hopefully I worded this correctly..any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Find a car with navi. You'll regret it if you don't.