New Bluetooth option!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 07:52 AM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Bluetooth option!!

Good news for you Verizon users!!

Motorola has just released a new adapter that provides Bluetooth functionality to specific NON Bluetooth phones. Their DC-600 adapter is now available from the Motorola site for $39.99. It's compatible with a bunch of Motorola phones, and I bought it for use with my Verizon serviced Motorola T720C.

Czech it out here...

http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin...38596&type=All

I ordered the adapter today and should have it by 6/30 or so. I'll post back when I test it with my TL (which should arrive by Saturday!!).
Old 06-23-2004, 07:59 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is good news Lee. Crap - now I gotta go find all the Bluetooth threads and read up as I had been ignoring all of them till now. I do not know the first thing about it - kinda shut myself off to it since I am a Verizon phone owner. May come in handy with the upcoming handsfree law in NJ.

thanks!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Not dampen the enthusiasm of searching this...

Didn't someone mention this before that Bluetooth adapter isn't working with 04TL?

Old 06-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Racer

Do you know if this is available in a store, or is it just online??
Old 06-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by rets
Didn't someone mention this before that Bluetooth adapter isn't working with 04TL?

yeah, I just jumped over to the Bluetooth forum and that seems to be the case. Seems to be mixed messages about it and its functionality. Oh well....
Old 06-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

rets:

The adapter will work with Motorola's hands-free devices, including their speakersphones (I ordered one for my other cars). I am *assuming* that it will also work with the HFL in the Acura. I decided to take my chances for $40 (free shipping!), and can always get a new phone when a suitable one becomes available from Verizon.

DopeTL04:

I don't know if it's available in stores yet. It only showed up as available on Motorola's site in the past day or two, so it may take a few days or weeks to hit the stores.

I'll let everyone know of my success or failure with the adapter next week.

BTW, has anyone noticed that signatures are not working? I keep manually pasting mine into my postings.

Lee Herman
http://www.lhmopars.com
1969 Dodge Dart GT Convertible - 340-4bbl/A727
1987 Dodge Diplomat SE - Loaded!
1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6
2004 Acura TL - AT+Navi ABP/Quartz (coming soon!)
Old 06-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by leeherman

The adapter will work with Motorola's hands-free devices, including their speakersphones (I ordered one for my other cars). I am *assuming* that it will also work with the HFL in the Acura. I decided to take my chances for $40 (free shipping!), and can always get a new phone when a suitable one becomes available from Verizon.

Well, good luck to you, and please update your results to us. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Burning Brakes

I am pretty sure this won't work with the TL's hands-free stuff.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
HFL is different from using a BT headset
Old 06-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Originally Posted by cTLgo
HFL is different from using a BT headset
I dunno if using a Motorola Bluetooth speakerphone is technically the same as using a Motorola Bluetooth headset. I'm hoping that the same commands used for the Motorola Bluetooth speakerphone are used for the Acura HFL.

I figured I'd take my chances with the $40 adapter. I can always get a new phone when Verizon finally offers a suitable one, but I'm happy with my T720 and wouldn't mind extending its functionality with the adapter.

I also bought the HF-800 Bluetooth speakerphone adapter. I'll be able to be hands free with the DC-600 or any Motorola Bluetooth phone. It'll be perfect for use in my other vehicles.

Lee Herman
Old 06-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Pro

[QUOTE=leeherman]I dunno if using a Motorola Bluetooth speakerphone is technically the same as using a Motorola Bluetooth headset. I'm hoping that the same commands used for the Motorola Bluetooth speakerphone are used for the Acura HFL.

I figured I'd take my chances with the $40 adapter. I can always get a new phone when Verizon finally offers a suitable one, but I'm happy with my T720 and wouldn't mind extending its functionality with the adapter.

[QUOTE]

We all appreciate your sacrifice (of $40) for the common good, but I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you. I tried two such adapters for different phones before (Motorola and Ericsson) and they didn't work with the TL.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Originally Posted by Modeler

We all appreciate your sacrifice (of $40) for the common good, but I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you. I tried two such adapters for different phones before (Motorola and Ericsson) and they didn't work with the TL.
We shall see. I pick up the car on Friday, and the bluetooth adapter should show up by mid-next week. I'll post my findings then.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Lee Herman
Old 06-23-2004, 03:54 PM
It is OK to smoke V8's.

I just found out that Verizon will finally start offering a Bluetooth compatible phone - Motorola V710 - in August. Check it out at www.hellomoto.com/producer
Old 06-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 6speedv6
I just found out that Verizon will finally start offering a Bluetooth compatible phone - Motorola V710 - in August. Check it out at www.hellomoto.com/producer
how do you know august? is that just word of mouth or something more solid? thanks
Old 06-23-2004, 09:20 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a strong feeling this will not work. These adapters will give an ability to connect with headset profile but not the handsfree profile. And TL DO REQUIRE a handsfree profile to work with it. That is the reason no all BT phones work with TL.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:36 AM
It is OK to smoke V8's.

The salesman @ my local Verizon store gave me the info. He said the phone, not another adapter, will be available within 2 months. I specifically asked for compatibility with the TL. He knew about the issue of Verizon loosing customers over Bluetooth compatibility issues, particularly new Acura owners. I expect Verizon to work any bugs out before the release. Anyway, we will have to wait and see.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Cruisin'

I checked the Bluetooth qual site and this device is not Hands Free porfile, it will not work with the HFL. http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Templat...=QualifiedDate
Old 06-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Originally Posted by INMI
I checked the Bluetooth qual site and this device is not Hands Free porfile, it will not work with the HFL. http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Templat...=QualifiedDate
It's not anywhere on their product list. It probably hasn't been added to their database yet.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Cruisin'

Yes it is listed in that web site I looked it up before I made the post. In that web site do a search for dc600/ProductID/All Capabilities, then hover over the details circle with a i in it and it will show the profile that device has.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Originally Posted by INMI
Yes it is listed in that web site I looked it up before I made the post. In that web site do a search for dc600/ProductID/All Capabilities, then hover over the details circle with a i in it and it will show the profile that device has.
I stand corrected.

What I don't understand is how it works with a device like the HF800, which is a portable hands-free kit. I would *assume* (perhaps incorrectly) that the HF800 would use the same Bluetooth profile as the TL's HFL.

I will be picking up the car tomorrow, and I expect to have the DC-600 next week. I'll make my attempt as soon as I get it and will report back.

Worst case scenario is that I'll be phone shopping when Verizon finally offers a Bluetooth/HFL compatible phone. Meanwhile, I also bought the HF800 for my other cars, and it is definitely compatible with the DC-600.

Regards,

Lee Herman
Old 06-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Pro

I stand corrected.

What I don't understand is how it works with a device like the HF800, which is a portable hands-free kit. I would *assume* (perhaps incorrectly) that the HF800 would use the same Bluetooth profile as the TL's HFL.
That's an incorrect assumption. These things require HEADSET profile, not HFL.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:02 AM
It is OK to smoke V8's.

I got a question: Why would any headset, hands free kit, or similar function device be compatible with the TL??? It is the phone, PDA, or whatever is reciving/generating the signal what needs to be compatible with the car. Headsets do not transmit any signal at all. The TL's HFL is a car-installed hands free device.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by 6speedv6
I got a question: Why would any headset, hands free kit, or similar function device be compatible with the TL??? It is the phone, PDA, or whatever is reciving/generating the signal what needs to be compatible with the car. Headsets do not transmit any signal at all. The TL's HFL is a car-installed hands free device.
I'm not clear what you're asking. Nobody has discussed compatibility of headsets or hands free kits with TL here.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:36 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Motorola has just released a new adapter that provides Bluetooth functionality to specific NON Bluetooth phones. Their DC-600 adapter is now available from the Motorola site for $39.99. It's compatible with a bunch of Motorola phones, and I bought it for use with my Verizon serviced Motorola T720C.

other Motorola model numbers
98597/S9874 / 451502
Old 06-26-2004, 11:41 AM
10th Gear

DC600 doesn't work

Picked up my TL yesterday and tried to pair it with the DC600 with my motorola T730 and then again with my son's Motorola T720. I was able to pair each phone once in several tries, but they did not work right. No matter what phone number I asked it to dial it called my wife's cellphone. I have given up and will wait for Verizon to offer the V710.

I called Acura and they said with great emphasis the TL will not pair with the DC600.

The DC600 is bluetooth 1.1 spec and therefore automatically includes the HFL protocol, (and I verified that with the Motorola contact listed on the Bluetooth web specifications site) but as shown above the DC600 doesn't seem to work anyway with the TL.

If anyone else tries and can get it to work, please post and tell me what you did. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:56 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Originally Posted by Motown TL Man
I called Acura and they said with great emphasis the TL will not pair with the DC600.

The DC600 is bluetooth 1.1 spec and therefore automatically includes the HFL protocol, (and I verified that with the Motorola contact listed on the Bluetooth web specifications site) but as shown above the DC600 doesn't seem to work anyway with the TL.

good info.

thanks
Old 06-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Instructor

Don't count on the 710 working great with the TL either. It has the same bluetooth system as the v600 and that phone has all kinds of problems with the TL. Nokia, Siemens and Sony all work flawlessly, but Motorola has some serious problems. I just left Verizon reluctantly, but I got a Sony T637 and it works perfectly with my TL.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Advanced

Here is the funny part.. will the V710 work with The TL???.. The DC600 just came out, and it doesn't work.. who knows if the V710 Works.. hmmm...

Time will tell...
Old 07-01-2004, 10:05 AM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

This sucks!!

I received my DC-600 and HF-800 yesterday.

I tried to pair my DC-600 equipped T720C to the TL and it didn't work. No big surprise there since Motown TL Man made it clear that he couldn't get it to work properly either. My setup never paired successfully through numerous tries.

No problem I figure. I bought the HF-800 just in case, and I can use it in my other cars. I try to pair it to the DC-600 equipped T720C and no good.

I called Motorola support today and the rep tells me that the DC-600 isn't even compatible with the HF-800. Crap!! I wasn't too confident that the woman knew what she was talking about so I also sent an email. I suspect I'll be sending both the adapter and wireless speaker back.

I'll post again when I hear back from Motorola, but it looks like I'll be waiting for a proper Verizon Bluetooth phone like the rest of you Verizon customers.

Regards,
Old 07-01-2004, 01:10 PM
10th Gear

I received my DC-600 and HF-800 yesterday.

I tried to pair my DC-600 equipped T720C to the TL and it didn't work. No big surprise there since Motown TL Man made it clear that he couldn't get it to work properly either. My setup never paired successfully through numerous tries.

No problem I figure. I bought the HF-800 just in case, and I can use it in my other cars. I try to pair it to the DC-600 equipped T720C and no good.

I called Motorola support today and the rep tells me that the DC-600 isn't even compatible with the HF-800. Crap!! I wasn't too confident that the woman knew what she was talking about so I also sent an email. I suspect I'll be sending both the adapter and wireless speaker back.

I'll post again when I hear back from Motorola, but it looks like I'll be waiting for a proper Verizon Bluetooth phone like the rest of you Verizon customers.

Regards,
Sorry to hear you had the same experience as I, Leeherman. I've been with Verizon since 1989 or 1990 and for the most part I think it is the best wireless carrier (based on what I've read) as well as pretty good on customer service. I also like my current Motorola phone (my first). But both companies have fallen down re the needs of TL customers like us who want the Bluetooth technology that is needed to take full benefit of the TL's HFL.

Oh well, I guess that I will have to live with the old wireless technology for a while, or switch after all these years from Verizon, if I decide that the TL's HFL is worth doing so. I will have to read more to find out if the HFL really work well with other phones and carriers so that making such a switch makes sense.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Instructor

Czech it out here...

http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin...38596&type=All

I ordered the adapter today and should have it by 6/30 or so. I'll post back when I test it with my TL (which should arrive by Saturday!!).
Very much appreciate this information. PLEASE let us know how it works out for you. My current cell phone provider in Canada only offers one sad phone with Bluetooth capability so this would present a terrific solution if it works out. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:09 PM
My name is RL.

I want my...I want my...I want my hands free.....

Originally Posted by Motown TL Man

BINGO! That's what I said in the other bluetooth post here. The DC600 automatically includes the HFL profile because of the Bluetooth 1.1 compliancy but that profile may not be implemented because including that profile in the device isn't required for its intended use. The Bluetooth profiles are kind of fuzzy in that some profiles have other profile dependencies, others are standalone. Some are implemented by default while others are left out because they do not match the functionality.

It usually comes down to whether or not the device is Bluetooth version 1.1 compatible or compliant. If the device itself is compatible it does not get the Bluetooth branding. If it is compliant it does. That is still no guarantee that the profile you want, in this case the handsfree profile, has been implemented.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:19 PM
You touch my tra la la...

They definitely released this due to the v710 not coming out for a LONG time. They were probably losing a lot of Verizon customers because they aren't providing the same features that other phones did. Glad I'm using T-mobile.

Verizon doesn't use GSM, do they?
Old 08-06-2004, 07:46 PM
4th Gear

help

hey guys, im new to the site. I've got an Acura TL 2004 Silver car. My problemn is that actually bought the DC600 in hopes that it would let my motorola T720 pair with the TL (D'OH! ) Well on the first attempt it worked, the car was dialing and everything, but i didnt hear any dial tone. so i turned off the car, big mistake, and now the car doesnt recognize the phone. So i deleted that phone profile and tried repairing. Didnt work, so if anyone has been able to pair it could u plz tell me how u did it cuz the first time i did it it was by pure luck. and i idd read the other posts, but im positive im able to pair the phone and the car cuz it worked the first time. plz help . . .