Need Pics or scans of the 07-08 Rear View Camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Need Pics or scans of the 07-08 Rear View Camera

Hey guys,

I am going to be getting my DOMs unit this week and want to install an oem camera from an 07 TL. (got it when searching for my non navi to navi conversion) ..I want to see detailed pics of where it is mounted on the trunk.. I would also like to see any scans from the manuals regarding the wiring of the camera. This will help me make my install look stock..

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Drifting

I also need the wiring diagram for this camera because there are 6 wires coming out of it.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Drifting

anyone can help me out today? I want to install it later this afternoon!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 AM
SpeedDemon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also interested in this topic, especially how to make sure it turns on only when in reverse and dont flicler every time i shift from p to d
Old 11-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
the 07 rear view camera is made for the 07 navi drive it has a 6 pin connector that plugs into the 07 drive.

color wire

green = control signal for the camera
gray = shield and ground for camera
blue = video signal
yellow= video ground
red = camera ground
white = power source for camera
Old 11-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jptl04
the 07 rear view camera is made for the 07 navi drive it has a 6 pin connector that plugs into the 07 drive.

color wire

green = control signal for the camera
gray = shield and ground for camera
blue = video signal
yellow= video ground
red = camera ground
white = power source for camera
You are the man JPTL04!

So basically ground the gray and yellow and red.. connect the green wire to reverse lights.. connect the blue wire to DOMs Video input and white to power from Doms.. right?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Bone stock tl-s

so i guess just take a video cable and splice and solder gray blue and yellow accordingly. that goes to doms video input. the green or white wire to the doms rear view camera signal wire and red just ground it. that should work
Old 11-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Drifting

so i guess just take a video cable and splice and solder gray blue and yellow accordingly. that goes to doms video input. the green or white wire to the doms rear view camera signal wire and red just ground it. that should work
alright im going to try this today!! as long as i get my doms unit.. do you know how those people are able to turn on their reverse lights with a switch and when they reverse?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Bone stock tl-s

Originally Posted by Andruha88
I am also interested in this topic, especially how to make sure it turns on only when in reverse and dont flicler every time i shift from p to d
for this you need a delay relay david navone sells them
Old 11-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Bone stock tl-s

Originally Posted by bzyrice
alright im going to try this today!! as long as i get my doms unit.. do you know how those people are able to turn on their reverse lights with a switch and when they reverse?
im guessing they tap into the power or signal for the reverse and add a switch. i want to do the HID reverse light mod, down the line so ill have to do some more research on this. one mod at a time!! sheesh!!! im waiting for my doms unit too. i havent finished my iphone video mod yet. hopefully by this weekend i can finish. my car is in pieces in my garage as we speak
Old 11-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Drifting

im guessing they tap into the power or signal for the reverse and add a switch. i want to do the HID reverse light mod, down the line so ill have to do some more research on this. one mod at a time!! sheesh!!! im waiting for my doms unit too. i havent finished my iphone video mod yet. hopefully by this weekend i can finish. my car is in pieces in my garage as we speak
yah I wanted to do reverse HID also.. but I want to be able to control my reverse camera at will! So doing that mod and this will accomplish that..

haha.. i know right soo many mods not enough time!! lol You installing a rear view camera?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:05 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
this is one of my next projects. let me know how it goes, i too wanna control the camera at will.

maybe a mini write up in the works?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Drifting

Yup Im working on it tonight and tomorrow.. Ive pmd a few people regarding how they wired it up now! Hope it works! lol
Old 11-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Drifting

Yah I have not seen a DIY yet, so Ill make one.. anyways this was my inspiration lol.. i want to get HIDs in my reverse lights, but thats down the road..
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ht=hid+reverse
Old 11-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Bone stock tl-s

yah I wanted to do reverse HID also.. but I want to be able to control my reverse camera at will! So doing that mod and this will accomplish that..

haha.. i know right soo many mods not enough time!! lol You installing a rear view camera?
hey bzyrice, are you forgetting i own a 07 Type-S it comes with one already.

righrt now im making a custom rear center console out of fiberglass. it will house a 7" monitor. it will blend seamlessly into the existing console an extension if you will. my goal is to make it look as OEM as possible.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Drifting

hey bzyrice, are you forgetting i own a 07 Type-S it comes with one already.

righrt now im making a custom rear center console out of fiberglass. it will house a 7" monitor. it will blend seamlessly into the existing console an extension if you will. my goal is to make it look as OEM as possible.
hahha yah i forgot!!

Thats awesome man!! Im just trynig to catch up to you Stock!! haha

Cant wait to see the screen!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Bone stock tl-s

hahha yah i forgot!!

Thats awesome man!! Im just trynig to catch up to you Stock!! haha

Cant wait to see the screen!

just a quick pic of what i've done so far needs alot more work. but it should look real clean when i finish. im going to wrap it in some synthetic leather vinyl material to match the texture and color of the panels and console.

what do you think?

im just a beginner to the mod scene......with my stock tl-s i'll post pics when i finish it DONT COPY ME
Old 11-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I need a car in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ i am soooo copying you! lol

jk nice install, i dont think i can add another rear monitor for my rear passanger or else its going to be too much for them lol

regards to the hid reverse question, you can ask me. i did my hid reverse when i did most of my audio install. i have it to a three way switch which is costent on, off, and on only when reverse.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Drifting

just a quick pic of what i've done so far needs alot more work. but it should look real clean when i finish. im going to wrap it in some synthetic leather vinyl material to match the texture and color of the panels and console.

what do you think?

im just a beginner to the mod scene......with my stock tl-s i'll post pics when i finish it DONT COPY ME
hahha.. wow looking good man!! no not gonna copy that.. haha.. even though I do have an extra screen somewhere haha.. j/k .. yah man looks great!! You truly are great at making custom stuff man!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by thait
^ i am soooo copying you! lol

jk nice install, i dont think i can add another rear monitor for my rear passanger or else its going to be too much for them lol

regards to the hid reverse question, you can ask me. i did my hid reverse when i did most of my audio install. i have it to a three way switch which is costent on, off, and on only when reverse.
Hey man.. Can you tell me how you did it!! Rodney is helping me, but he said all i need to do is add a switch between one of the green wires of the reverse lights and add the power to the switch to an accessory power.. does that sound right?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts

what do you think?

Oh my God Jaime! Are you kidding me???? I thought you were going to do your headlights first.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:18 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

awww man i want to do this also, where are located bzyrice? maybe you could help me with my install? lol

Can anyone tell me what else i need to do this install? i already got doms navi unit and, i also got marlon & davis dvd player.
i know i need the camera anyone know the price of it?
Old 11-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by acura_dipset_tl
awww man i want to do this also, where are located bzyrice? maybe you could help me with my install? lol

Can anyone tell me what else i need to do this install? i already got doms navi unit and, i also got marlon & davis dvd player.
i know i need the camera anyone know the price of it?
haha.. i live in florida.. if you fly me and my fiance to baltimore ill do it FOR YOU.. lol

but you will need some RCA cables.. some extra wire.. and a camera.. I got mine used from someone for 50.00.. the problem is that this oem camera has 11 wires coming from it.. and I have no idea what these wires do.. so i need to figuire that out first before i can install everything.. so not sure if this is happening tomorow..

Hey jptl04.. do you actually have the scans for this reverse camera.. because there are a bunch of wires going into the harness.. i thought there were only 6, but now I got home and took a look at it and its crazy.. anyways here is what it looks like

------

Five of the six pins has 2 wires going into them:
1: 1 Black wire and 1 Blue wire
2: 1 Tan wire
3: 2 Yellow Wires
4: 2 White Wires
5: 2 Black Wires
6: 2 Red Wires

Here is a pic just to show you.. cuz its weird lol
Old 11-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Bone stock tl-s

i have the service manual for 07-08

wait the connector only is a 6 pin? ok here it is from the manual

-------
1: white-power
2: red-camera grnd
3: blank
4: yellow- video grnd
5: black- video signal (messed up earlier said it was blue)
6: gray- camera shield
7: green- control signal

you sure its off a TL?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Drifting

i have the service manual for 07-08

wait the connector only is a 6 pin? ok here it is from the manual

-------
1: white-power
2: red-camera grnd
3: blank
4: yellow- video grnd
5: black- video signal (messed up earlier said it was blue)
6: gray- camera shield
7: green- control signal

you sure its off a TL?
Yah I am sure it is.. it even has the part number on the camera: 39530 sep a01 (Link to Delray Acura Site)

I double checked it and it is definitely off an 07 TL Type S 6 speed.. not sure if it matters if it is 6 speed or auto.. but it really is only a 6 pin.. lol WTH.. There isnt even a green wire.. lol .. maybe you are looking at the wrong harness?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Bone stock tl-s

i think the double wires are shields, the cable coming from the camera looks too thin to house all those wires.

ok the white is deff power. the black+ blue and yellow are the video. video signal/ground. the tan is shield for camera. the red is ground for the camera. which leaves the all black. has to be the control signal, to turn on when in reverse.

thats my best guess
Old 11-05-2009, 11:20 PM
I need a car in

yep that sounds about correct, just get the on-off-on switch that i told you earlier!, if i strip my car one of these day again ill take some picture as when i did my install i was to demodivated to take any pic since it was a really long install =[

Hey man.. Can you tell me how you did it!! Rodney is helping me, but he said all i need to do is add a switch between one of the green wires of the reverse lights and add the power to the switch to an accessory power.. does that sound right?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Drifting

i think the double wires are shields, the cable coming from the camera looks too thin to house all those wires.

ok the white is deff power. the black+ blue and yellow are the video. video signal/ground. the tan is shield for camera. the red is ground for the camera. which leaves the all black. has to be the control signal, to turn on when in reverse.

thats my best guess
Ok .. i am going to test this out on a screen I have lying around.. if i can just find it lol ..
Old 11-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Drifting

So, I called the guy who made my wiring harness to get the wiring layout for the oem camera.. and found out some bad news.. =(

This camera runs on 6 volts.. so I would need to convert it somehow. He also told me that the aftermarket cameras are better because they have night vision.. So, looks like my oem camera install is gonna go to the waste side.. sux .. another week to wait for parts to come in..
Old 11-06-2009, 10:39 AM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
^^Ya I also recommend after market camera, I got one from ebay, it's bigger then the OEM one but works at night and gives a better image quality.

I just need to find some time to install lol so much work to do on this car...it just never gonna stops
Old 11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
1st TL-S on air in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, I called the guy who made my wiring harness to get the wiring layout for the oem camera.. and found out some bad news.. =(

This camera runs on 6 volts.. so I would need to convert it somehow. He also told me that the aftermarket cameras are better because they have night vision.. So, looks like my oem camera install is gonna go to the waste side.. sux .. another week to wait for parts to come in..
It shouldnt be two hard to find a voltage regulator. Just look for a electrical shop and they should have something. Good Luck.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Drifting

yah.. but after speaking with him he told me that almost every aftermarket camera out tehre has better viewing angles and night vision then the oem one.. dogh..
Old 11-06-2009, 12:48 PM
"Advance"

Thats the one I have http://cgi.ebay.ca/Innovatek-C-7-Nig...item2c518bb1fb
It's not expensive and is a pretty damn product. The only thing is, its a little big but one member on here did find a way to make it look OEM.. I'll try to find his thread...
Old 11-06-2009, 12:57 PM
I need a car in

i have the boyo vtk350 and the quality of the picture for a backup camera is great! better then the new bmw x5 camera for sure
Old 11-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Drifting

Well I decide to go for this one.. the reviews on amazon were good and it comes with a 1 year warranty and 130 degreee viewing angle and can adjust vertically. it was 68.00 shipped so not too bad. originally it was 160.00 .. best buysells it for 140ish.. and ebay 70+. I called around and spoke with some guys at audio shops and spoke to one of the guys and they actually recommended this camera before I bought it..
http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-ACA20...CJFCAT2161EARV

Hope it works out!! Just sucks that I am going to wait til next week to install all this stuff.. I WANTED IN TODAY lol
Old 11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
"Advance"

LOL thats the problem with buying online

That camera looks really good, post up your impression when it's installed...and don't forget the pics
Old 11-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Drifting

I know right! after speaking with those audio shop guys they made me NOT want to get the cameras that were less then 50.00 on ebay.. all the ones they were trying to sell me were 90.00+ .. luckily I found one of the ones they were trying to sell me for 150.00 for 68.00!! lol

But you know me.. I am going to post a DIY with lots of pics!! haha..
Old 11-08-2009, 01:00 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

haha.. i live in florida.. if you fly me and my fiance to baltimore ill do it FOR YOU.. lol

but you will need some RCA cables.. some extra wire.. and a camera.. I got mine used from someone for 50.00.. the problem is that this oem camera has 11 wires coming from it.. and I have no idea what these wires do.. so i need to figuire that out first before i can install everything.. so not sure if this is happening tomorow..

Hey jptl04.. do you actually have the scans for this reverse camera.. because there are a bunch of wires going into the harness.. i thought there were only 6, but now I got home and took a look at it and its crazy.. anyways here is what it looks like

------

Five of the six pins has 2 wires going into them:
1: 1 Black wire and 1 Blue wire
2: 1 Tan wire
3: 2 Yellow Wires
4: 2 White Wires
5: 2 Black Wires
6: 2 Red Wires

Here is a pic just to show you.. cuz its weird lol
Sure thing ill have you out on the next flight. First class ok?
man this is looking alittle more complicated.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by acura_dipset_tl
Sure thing ill have you out on the next flight. First class ok?
man this is looking alittle more complicated.
haha.. yah man.. its a little more complicated since the oem camera is 6 volts.. you need to convert it somehow from 12 volts.. i might use the factory mount with my new camera tho lol ..
Old 11-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

what do you think?

awww man...i want this so badly

Quick Reply: Need Pics or scans of the 07-08 Rear View Camera