Need help with Nexus 7 integration

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Need help with Nexus 7 integration

Hi everyone,
I am trying to integrate my nexus 7 android tablet in to my 2006 TL non navi (Canadian). I know there is some DIY on acurazine but in my case I don’t want to remove bottom part which hold power outlet and two utility box which I use for my sunglasses.

I want to replace my clock display with navi sub display which I can use for HVAC and audio.

Anyone did this before?

Dose anyone have Electric wiring diagram for both Navi and non Navi model.

Do I need to get navi screen or I can connect navi sub display with non navi ?

Please Help….
Old 05-17-2013, 05:59 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my knowledge, the simple and easy mod will be 'relocating entire double-din display (HVAC & audio) down, where storage bin is located. Because Navi sub-display is sourced from 'inside' Navi screen (integrated circuit), it will be another intensive task if you really want to use Navi sub-screen to engage with Non-navi/Nexus display. There is another thread who gave up audio panel and split HVAC panel into 2 pieces to be located to both sides of existing dash board clock. Good luck! and so curious how your mod will come out.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Intermediate

@hongbba99, thanks for replay, I know sub display is connected to navi screen, difference between navi and non navi screen is navi screen get separate connection for navi unit apart of that both get HVAC data from ECU and audio data from stereo.

how about if I use navi screen circuit and navi sub display with nexus 7?
dose any one have wiring diagram for audio (ESM) ?

I have FSM but its not induce audio electric.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 152 Posts
The wiring harness in the Navi is totally different. From my understanding of it you'd have to pretty much do the whole non-nav to nav swap in order to be able to use the nav HVAC/Radio display

You may be able to hack something together, but I really don't know.

Easiest way would be to remove the HVAC display from the HVAC/Radio display and move it up, then you'd have to figure something out for the Radio part of it if you're still going to use the stock radio.

There's a thread where one member did this, it's not that straightforward and simple though, he de-soldered the LCD display from the board and extended it with wires in order to accomplish it, then used some red LEDs or something for the backlight.

He had an aftermarket HU though, if I recall correctly, so he didn't need the radio display at all and just left it stuffed in his dash somewhere.

I thought about this as well before doing my N7 install and decided against it, was going to go with an aftermarket HU, but the quality of the stock HU is already really good so I stuck with it and just moved my HVAC/Radio display down.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Intermediate

I found wiring diagram, I think its possible I just need NAVI screen and navi sub display. I ll post my progress