Need help burning DVD-Audio!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 03:01 AM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Need help burning DVD-Audio!!!

so i recently purchased a TL-S and found out that it plays DVD-audio. I have been able to download a lot of DVD-Audio songs (paid websites) but can somebody guide me through the process, like what software am i supposed to use?

the songs i downloaded are ripped from DVD-Audio disks. each audio disk i dowloaded is about 4.5gb. (hence its a real DVD-A.. not mp3, or wav)

the formats are:
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_02_1.VOB
VTS_03_4.VOB

and a lot of other files just like tat.. please help! im guessing i just need to put these files back on a DVD-R. if somebody has it done it before.. please suggest!
Old 07-10-2011, 03:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Burn it to a DVD with all of those files. It should work!

Someone else did all the hard work for you.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Burn it to a DVD with all of those files. It should work!

Someone else did all the hard work for you.
thanks man
Old 07-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Balling in the...

Received 64 Likes on 58 Posts
No Offence but F that DVD Garbage, Just buy yourself an Ipod Touch and ur good to go. I got a 32gb one for 130 used and I love it. It plays music for me and it is so easy to change out songs PLUS when driving and my daughter starts to get impatient she can play with the iPod. I downloaded all these kids games to keep her entertained
Old 07-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the file naming information provided in the first post is correct then what you have is a rip of a video DVD and not a true "DVD-A" audio DVD.

True audio DVD-Audio disks store information in a folder named AUDIO_TS, and have files with the "AUDIO" and "ATS" prefixes instead of "VIDEO" and "VTS" as listed in post #1.

The TL audio deck will not play the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder, so if you burn the files listed in post #1 to a DVD you might be able to play it in a video DVD player, but probably not in the TL's deck.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mafyoso
No Offence but F that DVD Garbage, Just buy yourself an Ipod Touch and ur good to go. I got a 32gb one for 130 used and I love it. It plays music for me and it is so easy to change out songs PLUS when driving and my daughter starts to get impatient she can play with the iPod. I downloaded all these kids games to keep her entertained
iPods are garbage when it comes to audio quality. Not to mention you're stuck in stereo at 44khz. At least get a Zune HD which as a higher quality DAC.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Coolest A-zine Member

Received 172 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by Mafyoso
FLAC owns you
Old 07-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Balling in the...

iPods are garbage when it comes to audio quality. Not to mention you're stuck in stereo at 44khz. At least get a Zune HD which as a higher quality DAC.
Well yeah, Any MP3/MP4 Player would be better than taking time to make these disc. I hear you can even have the information on the disc either.

Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey
FLAC owns you
What do you mean by FLAC?? Im a Lil lost on this one
Old 07-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
iPod audio quality need not be garbage if you use either lossless compression or an uncompressed format. Problem is, a lot of people are uneducated and think they're "supposed to" use .MP3 (no doubt brainwashed in part by the media's incorrect use of the term ".MP3 player" to refer to these sorts of devices).

But there's really no reason to use an iPod in the TL when you can burn a DVD-Audio containing CD-quality audio. You're still limited to 16-bit 44.1 kHz when you use DVD-A for that purpose, but on the other hand, you can fit a crapload more stuff of the same-quality sound on fewer discs while maintaining full operation of the stereo via the steering wheel and the voice controls. I wouldn't want to attempt to operate an iPod in traffic while I'm trying to steer and shift at the same time. (Strikes me as being akin to reading or sending text messages while driving, which I think should be grounds for having one's license revoked.)

Depending on which software you use, making a DVD-Audio disc takes very little time. I use Cirlinca's HD-Audio Solo Ultra and it's outstanding. Quite fast as far as these things go, and I haven't had a bad burn yet, nor have I had any truncated tracks (a perpetual problem I used to have with DVD-A). For the OP, if you're indeed looking for a way to burn DVD-Audio discs, I highly recommend that software. It's very easy to use.

I will say that a LightScribe-capable DVD drive is a nice thing to have if you burn a lot of DVD-As because it makes labelling them extremely easy.....

Last edited by 1995hoo; 07-14-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Balling in the...

A lot of people are brainwashed in thinking MP3 file format was created to be used for quality. As we all know the MP3 File was create to be compressed.
I don't need High End Music in my car. I only care about sound when watching a movie or playing video games. I want to feel I'm in the movie or game. But to listen to music in my car, I use what ever is fast and easy. I don't need quality on my iPod I need music and that's what I get. Some songs may sound like shit and some sound great. But If I need all this High end quality music, I better be a music producer or something. Cause that would be the only time I would be worried about playing high end quality music files in my car. Thus the Use of my iPod. I don't see the Reason for trying to listen to high quality music files in our cars, its not like the car came with a great sound system. I've listen to other Factory car system and ours for being a luxury car is not up to par. IDK Maybe someone can explain to me the need for this?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Not sure what you're referring to. My '05 TL had a good sound system. My TSX wagon however surpasses it.

MP3's even 320 kbps from FLAC are noticeably worse than a DVD-A. It's night and day.

Last edited by Ken1997TL; 07-14-2011 at 05:38 PM.