in need of basic DVD burning help (wavelab)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in need of basic DVD burning help (wavelab)

Hello all,
I have just installed wavelab 5 on my computer and I have successfully created a new montage and rendered it. When I click on the "write DVD" icon I get an error message:
No CDR device could be found!
I checked the wavelab site for help and followed the steps that they recommended (DMA settings, etc.) but am still stuck. When I check the CD/DVD information it correctly lists my DVD drive. This is the first time that I have used Wavelab and the first time that I have ever used a burner so I assume that I am missing something basic. Can someone tell me what settings I may have missed, or what basic understanding I am missing?
I appreciate any help. Thanks,
-Kris
Old 08-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Intermediate

I should also note that I am working on Windows XP home edition.

-Kris
Old 08-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burn Process up to DL

You probably have something like Nero or EZ Media Creator that came with your burner/PC. I'm assuming that.

My process with WaveLab is to create a montage not exceeding 30 tracks (voice recognition system only works up to 'DVD play track 30)'.

I than create an audio DVD project and add the montage...that's the 1st group.

I then repeat creating and adding montages (groups) until I come close to the capacity of the DVD. Lately, have been burning DL DVDs...8.5 gigs. Don't push all the way to the limit.

From the DVDa project, create the disk...this means WaveLab creates the structure on your hard drive. From there tell WaveLab to make a disk image (.iso file).

Use Nero or whatever to burn the DVD-A from the .iso image. I always tell Nero to finalize the disk.

Should work!
Old 08-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Intermediate

chuck_r,
Thanks for the reply. I made the ISO image and tried to burn with another program. result: coasters.

There are 2 programs that came with my computer that appear to be able to burn discs. InterVideo WinDVD Creater and Sonic RecordNow. I used Sonic which gave me options to make an audio CD or a data disc. If I attempt to make an audio CD it then asks for music files (wav or mp3, etc.) so I selected to make a data disc. The burned disc gave me a disc format error in the TL. Has anyone used either of these programs successfully to burn a disc in the TL? Am I correct in choosing to make a data disc when I already have the ISO image saved?
Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
-Kris

P.S. I am using Memorex DVD-R media.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
burn image

Not familiar with those programs, look for an option that lets you burn a disk image....that's what an .iso is, it's a disk image.

You might also visit Steinberg. They have some updates on recorders. They also have a great user community...kinda like this.

http://www.steinberg.de/Steinberg/default5b09.html

I use Nero to burn so that I can go ahead and do other things with WaveLab while the burning is happening....so checking Steinberg support may get you to where you need to be...