Navigation is locked...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 11:32 PM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Navigation is locked...

Hi guys...I recently had to put a new battery in my 2005 TL. The navigation didn't work prior to this, but the radio, tape, and CD worked so I didn't really care about the nav. But since replacing the battery, the only thing my screen says, in the green box at the top of the screen, "please check your disc." Well, I need to enter the code to unlock everything, but I can't enter the code anywhere, I don't think. So I have no audio in my car now.

Does anyone one have any suggestions about how to enter the code to get my audio capabilities back? I can't entertain code using the 1-6 buttons because the code digits are all higher than 6. Or, if anyone has any suggestions on replacing/fixing the nav unit for less than $900, I'd listen to that too. I saw the DIY nav fix, but my sausage fingers and lack of grace would surely crush everything in the unit.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 831 Likes on 679 Posts
Alpine will refurbish the unit $358, or at least that's what is a while ago.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:10 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Push in the volume knob and you can enter the 6 digit code. I have the same problem and my cd is stuck in the dvd drive located in the trunk. it sucks. ahha
Old 07-25-2017, 08:56 PM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Turns out I had just the code for the Nav, which is different from the radio code. got it all figured out on my end, but for anyone else: turn off the radio, push 1 and 6 preset buttons at the same time, then the volume. write down the serial number and contact your acura dealer for the code. the code is supposed to be on a card in the owners manual, but mine was not.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:02 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
yep our TL's have 2 different sets of codes, one for the navi unit and one for the radio