Navi Screen Stuck

Old 11-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Navi Screen Stuck

Hello All,

I have a 2004 TL with Navi and 6MT.

As soon as I start the car my Navigation Screen comes up and is stuck on the splash screen (with the Acura symbol and Earth). It flickers every so often and there is a faint blank line through the middle of the word "Navigation". It stays like this for the entire time the car is in operation. It DOES NOT say DISK ERROR. In any case, I followed the Navi disk reader lens cleaning procedure and found no dirt on the lens - in fact the drive mechanism was completely clean. Any ideas on what I should do next?

Thank you,
TL-Rocket
Old 11-15-2017, 10:50 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry

Hello All,

Now for some more news on this: Now that the weather is colder, I sometimes get the message upon starting the car that I should not stop the engine and enter the 4 digit code - this is encouraging. However, upon running the car for a little while it starts malfunctioning again. Has anyone taken the radio head unit apart? I'm tempted to take the unit apar and check for loose solder joints / connection points since the unit works intermittently. It actually once accepted the 4 digit code and worked like new for a couple of hours on a long cold trip last week.

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
sounds like it's on its way out Jim

Search this Thread