Nav Sub Display issue.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nav Sub Display issue.

Ok so i know that there has been multiple threads on this issue however I still have not found a SOLID solution to my problem. I am reaching out to the community in hopes of getting a resolution for my Nav Sub Didplay.

So originally I started out my 2006 TL Base with nothing but IEM radio configurations and the display to my climate control in the middle.

Well I decided to cut out that part of my dash and do the tablet install but instead of a nexus 7 I used a Samsung Tab A. Same size but better resolution , etc so after the install I had to convert my old display up to where the clock was but I failed miserably at soldering the 22 spots and extending them to the upper clock area so then I decided to get a navigation unit so that I could easily buy a NAv Sub Display to connect it to. So that all the climate control and XM display were now where my old clock used to be. upon receiving these items the screen/motherboard . and a display from another TL I soldered all the connections together and connected it only to see this.

If you look up top... You will see thr subdisplay but no characters or nunbers are displayed. However, it does illuminate and dim with my lights going on and off.

So if anyone has a solution to this issue please let me know And I. Would greatly appreciate it. As of right now everything works with the air condition and heater all the buttons I have to individually get power source from due to them shorting out and I could not find the problem so I individually connected each and every t3 bulb to a separate power source.

Is it that I am missing the DVD for the navigation setup is the reason why the display died not work? Or is it the display itself? All 10 pins in the back have been correctly connected to the motherboard behind the navigation screen so idk what else to do.