Nav Screen Goes Haywire, but touchscreen still works

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav Screen Goes Haywire, but touchscreen still works

There might be a more technical term than haywire, but I don't know it.

Starting about a week ago, the nav screen will change to just horizontal or vertical lines, maybe a mm in diameter each and nothing readable. Lower buttons such as audio still work, and touch screen works if you know where to touch. The screen does dim with lights on.

Usually a re-start of the car brings the display back. It will be normal for somewhere between 5 and 15 minutes, then fuzz out. After a period of time, the screen sometimes will return to normal. If a destination is set, the voice guidance works normally the entire time.

I've tried re-loading the software, no change. I've checked the screen diags, and the system reports all okay. I have not gone into the screen settings options, since I didn't know what they do and didn't want to create more problems.

Last time it went out, running a cloth over the screen with mild pressure brought the display back. No idea yet if that is repeatable or was coincidence. I checked with a dealer, who said no know problems or TSBs, and could only offer diagnosis at posted hourly rates.

Any ideas? I couldn't locate any similar threads, but hope the AZ community might get me started towards a simple fix.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mods - can this be moved to the main forum for some time to see if any responses are generated from more views?

Thanks;