my new 05 TL

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:43 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my new 05 TL

I just got an 05 TL and I have a few questions:

1. are the side mirrors BOTH supposed to tilt down when I put the car in reverse? Or is just the passenger mirror supposed to?
2. Do the headlights turn on automatically at dusk or do i have to manually turn them on.
3. do i have to remove the air bag to replace the back light bulb for the steering wheel radio buttons? the lights do not work on them.

sorry for all the questions, im a rookie TL owner. thanks in advance for the help.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 4 Posts
the answer is....

1. are the side mirrors BOTH supposed to tilt down when I put the car in reverse? Or is just the passenger mirror supposed to? They each do it depending on which one you want. But they don't both go down simultaneously. To switch it to the driver side, simply move the switch to the driver side like you would normally do to adjust that mirror, and leave it there. leave it in the middle if you don't like your mirrors going down while reversing.

2.Do the headlights turn on automatically at dusk or do i have to manually turn them on. the auto on works like this: they will always turn on while driving, and automatically turn off when you lock your doors after turning off the vehicle. they (at least to my knowledge) don't have daylight sensors. (Correct me if i'm wrong...anybody)

3. do i have to remove the air bag to replace the back light bulb for the steering wheel radio buttons? the lights do not work on them. Yes.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
Congrats and welcome to Acurazine. I also have an 05 and couldnt be happier with the car. As for your questions:

1. On your dash by the VSA button if you have the mirror adjustment switch turned to R then the right mirror will tilt when you put the car in reverse and if it is on L then the left. If it is in the middle none will tilt.

2. You have to turn your lights on yourself.

3. You have to remove the airbag to get to the lights. If all of them are out might be a fuse. I recently had to do that since the Mode button light was out. you can do a search and find a lot on that topic. good luck.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Intermediate

My radio buttons on my steering wheel are not work at all, along with the Cruise Control buttons. Does this sound like a possible fuse? The buttons push, but nothing happens when I push them.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Congrats on your new 05 TL and welcome to AZ

To answer your questions:

1. The tilt down mirrors only work if you select a side. They are disabled in the center position.

2. If you put the lights in auto mode they will come on automatically when it gets dark enough and go out when it gets light enough. If you leave the lights on when you turn off the car, it will stay on for a short period and then go off by themselves and then come on right away when you start the car.

3. You do have to remove the airbag to replace the steering wheel lights. You can check your fuses first. Not sure what fuse it is but you can look at the fuse cover or owners manual for that.

Also, the 3G garage is a great resouce for information:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/3g-tl-service-department-aka-garage-questions-answers-check-here-first-553557/

Last edited by LoveMyTL-S; 09-08-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by carrollb
My radio buttons on my steering wheel are not work at all, along with the Cruise Control buttons. Does this sound like a possible fuse? The buttons push, but nothing happens when I push them.
Yes, that does sound like a fuse. Look under your dash on the drivers side (left side by dead pedal).
Old 09-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
2. If you put the lights in auto mode they will come on automatically when it gets dark enough and go out when it gets light enough. If you leave the lights on when you turn off the car, it will stay on for a short period and then go off by themselves and then come on right away when you start the car.
2005's do not have auto headlights...not mine, anyway.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TLinVA
2005's do not have auto headlights...not mine, anyway.
Thanks for the correction.........
Old 09-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Intermediate

Yea...I've had the TL for 7 months now and still can't get used to not having that feature The last car I had and my wife's car both have it. I still can't believe that it wasn't standard on the 05's...
Old 09-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Yes, that does sound like a fuse. Look under your dash on the drivers side (left side by dead pedal).

Thanks for the info, I will check it out this afternoon.