My Custom plan...and another answer to the 6 channel JL Audio Cleansweep Issue....

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
My Custom plan...and another answer to the 6 channel JL Audio Cleansweep Issue....

A local install shop who deals in mostly custom work suggested the following as a substitute for the Cleansweep.....and it is a 6 channel.....not just a 4 channel!!

http://mobileaudiocontrol.com/produc...49&l1=5249&l2=

Anyone know anything about this?

Also is about half the price of the Cleansweep. He said by using this LC6 you do NOT lost the sub control on the factory deck. That is a definite PLUS! You also don't lose the center controls because it is going to be powered by the stock sub. (read more below)

The suggested setup he had is the following:

JL Audio 300/4 to run front and rears. (I already own this)
JL Audio 500/1 to run the 10" or 12" Sub. ( I already own both the sub and amp)
Audio Control LC6 to control all channels ($150)
Custom Mounting of Amps in the spare tire area with custom enclosure.
The tweeters and center channel would be power by the stock amp. (I questioned him about this and said that it sounds great. The power from the stock amp is more then enough for those three small speakers.)
This setup would change if and when I got new component speakers for the front. The new component speakers would run off the 300/4 like it normally would. I guess there is an issue of crossovers etc with the stock tweeters and front speakers.
When I got new component speakers for the front, only the center would powered by the stock amp.

I would eventually change out all 4 speakers, but my first concern is getting everything installed first.

He admitted that the stock speakers are not the best, but I am trying for minimum cost at this point.

He quoted me a total of about $450 - $500 for all involved including:

Installation of all amps (all I need is a power kit, I have RCA's etc.)
Creating and installing of custom amp enclosure
Installation and purchase of the LC6

He also quoted me a price of $350 for a custom fiberglass enclosure for the back left hand side of the trunk for a sub up to 12".

Well thoughts everyone?

I was wondering how he knew so much about the TL system, he said he purchased a '05 TL 2 months ago and did this EXACT setup in his.

That is pretty kewl in itself
Old 07-25-2005, 07:29 PM
21st Century Geek...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never heard of that device but, would be very interested to know how it works out for you. Sounds like it might be a great solution and at a more reasonable price. If and when you have this done please post Pics.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am also interested in this. Give us some feed back when you get it done. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thats a good price for all the work he will be doing! go for it! post pics! tell us how it works out!
Old 07-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Instructor

the audiocontrol unit does no eq'ing (one of the best features in the cleansweep); what it does do is amplify your line signal so that you can turn the gains down in your amps to reduce the overall noise floor. your stereo will not be louder, but will be cleaner, if properly adjusted. the cleansweep will do alot more for your stereo system than the audiocontrol unit. both audiocontrol and jl are highly regarded 12v manufacturers, so both pieces will be very good, different purposes though. jps
Old 07-31-2005, 04:54 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by jpswanberg
the audiocontrol unit does no eq'ing (one of the best features in the cleansweep); what it does do is amplify your line signal so that you can turn the gains down in your amps to reduce the overall noise floor. your stereo will not be louder, but will be cleaner, if properly adjusted. the cleansweep will do alot more for your stereo system than the audiocontrol unit. both audiocontrol and jl are highly regarded 12v manufacturers, so both pieces will be very good, different purposes though. jps

I don't think I am looking for it to do any eq'ing at all.
What I want is the ability to keep the surround sound 5.1 system, with the ability for better speakers and muvh more volume.

I play the stock system at 36-40 all day. I can have it at 40 and still speak almost the normal volume level to the person sitting next to me.

I like to be engrossed in my music, not just hear it.

From what I have read, the cleansweep is 4 channel, which would kill the whole 5.1 idea, which I love.

I will still be able to keep the factory controls completly. All will still work off the stock deck, so I can still do eq'ing.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:01 AM
21st Century Geek...

Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters
I don't think I am looking for it to do any eq'ing at all.
What I want is the ability to keep the surround sound 5.1 system, with the ability for better speakers and muvh more volume.

I play the stock system at 36-40 all day. I can have it at 40 and still speak almost the normal volume level to the person sitting next to me.

I like to be engrossed in my music, not just hear it.

From what I have read, the cleansweep is 4 channel, which would kill the whole 5.1 idea, which I love.

I will still be able to keep the factory controls completly. All will still work off the stock deck, so I can still do eq'ing.

I feel you...I want the same thing. I don't want to loose a the 5.1 and possibly other features if there maybe. Do you know when your going to have this installed or are you still in doubt?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by janrish
I feel you...I want the same thing. I don't want to loose a the 5.1 and possibly other features if there maybe. Do you know when your going to have this installed or are you still in doubt?

Doubt? No way.... wallet is a bit light

I am waiting to have all the funds to do everything at once.

It is basically going to cost me a total of $700 in labor and parts and that is including a custom made fiberglass sub case for the left side of the trunk. It will be flush against the left side.

I have currently:

JL 300/4
JL 500/1
Diamond Audio Components for the fronts and Diamond Audio 6 1/2's for the rear.

Just waiting to get the AudioControl LC6 and all of my RCA's and wire to come in, then I am off to the shop!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Racer

For one you won't loose the 5.1 just keep the center channel amplified by the stock amplifier and slpice in to front speaker and rear or sub wires. Second Audio Control is nice really nice but they have quality contorl issues.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Pro

Quality control issues? How so?
Old 08-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters
Quality control issues? How so?
Alot not all of there stuff ever owned has fried. When i kept go to the installer he said they have always had quality control issues. The EQS's were junk all fried. After that i had a three.1 which he said has been around forever and prob. is their best built product the volume knob needs soldering unless i wanted to wait a week to get a new one. Excellent sounding products though. But this is just from my personal experience from 2 different installers. Just wanted to let you know. If you do buy make sure you get from authorized dealer so you can return it if need be.