Music Link "OK to Disconnect" Fixed

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jmarietta
I have read this entire thread with great interest. I just purchased a new 06 TL with Nav and the music link accessory. I should have done the research first. I listen to audiobooks on the road. I want to be able to fast forward and rewind in the middle of a book to get to specific parts. I don't see anywhere in the directions where you can do this. Is music link only designed to play music in shuffle mode?
Thanks

Joe
No you can use the musiclink to play, artist, album, playlist, shuffle album, shuffle songs.

You can't fast forward or reverse with the musiclink, but it will stay where it was when you turned your car off, if you don't disconnect the ipod.

I would navigate to your selection with the ipod disconnected start to play it and press pause. Connect the ipod and the selection will continue to play when the ipod is selected.

Dave
Old 07-16-2006, 01:11 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

I tried this once with my ipod 4G video ipod. I charged it all night. It worked once. After you plug in the ipod (off) then turn on the key to ACC, I saw the "charge" icon come on the ipod at which I pressed Menu several times and it worked. I then tried it again thinking I should try to master this. The second time (only a few seconds after the first attempt) I did not see the charge icon come on and it did not work. Do you only get once shot at this? I mean I charged the ipod all night. Also, is the ipod charging icon come on after you plug in the dock connector (before you turn on the key)?

I couid not get my ipop nano to even work. Has anybody got it to work?

Thanks to dmarcus48 who answered my last question. I really appreciate it.

Joe
Old 07-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Pro

no problem Joe, yeah I haven't had much luck in getting this to work consistently. I either shuffle the album or songs, or disconnect pick what I want and plug it back in.

Dave
Old 07-16-2006, 04:46 PM
10th Gear

Unhappy

Ok,
Looks like I am on my way back to the dealer to have them remove this Music Link and refund my money.

Now when I plug in my ipods, it doesn't even show the "ok to disconnect" icon. It totally ignores that there is an ipod attached. In fact here is the most incredible thing. Now when you plug in the ipod even with the car off (read that as no key), the ipod comes on and is charging and you can scroll through the menu items. In other words, now the music link cable is sending power to the ipod even though the car is turned off.

This is truly a blessing. I have had the card for only two weeks. Music link is broken. Now I have a chance to dump this piece of crap and get something else.

Now I have to scan all the forum to find out what else is out there!
Old 07-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Intermediate

I listen to a lot of audiobooks - that's why I got the USASPEC interface. It's like the MusicLink, but I have complete control of the iPod. The steering wheel buttons still work too. I highly recommend it.

I have a 2006 tl.

Ron
Old 07-18-2006, 04:22 PM
10th Gear

Usa Spec

Thanks Ron,

Is this the model: PA11 – HON

Joe
Old 07-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by peterbanks
I'm getting the same thing.

I am unable to get it to work with either my iPod Mini or my iPod Nano.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jmarietta
Ok,
Looks like I am on my way back to the dealer to have them remove this Music Link and refund my money.

Now when I plug in my ipods, it doesn't even show the "ok to disconnect" icon. It totally ignores that there is an ipod attached. In fact here is the most incredible thing. Now when you plug in the ipod even with the car off (read that as no key), the ipod comes on and is charging and you can scroll through the menu items. In other words, now the music link cable is sending power to the ipod even though the car is turned off.

This is truly a blessing. I have had the card for only two weeks. Music link is broken. Now I have a chance to dump this piece of crap and get something else.

Now I have to scan all the forum to find out what else is out there!
I've had my music link for 6 months and last week I tried the exact same thing you did (but mine's 5G), and today I noticed that my system doesn't detect my ipod anymore. Looks like something jammed up/crashed the music link software... any way to reset it without taking it back to the dealership? I'd sure love to get a refund and get the USA Spec but after 6 months that's out of the question... That's what I get for trying to "hack" my car :'(
Old 08-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Intermediate

Actually I'm not sure which gen my iPod is.. iPod Video 30GB.. :P Anybody get this issue?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dmarcus48
No you can use the musiclink to play, artist, album, playlist, shuffle album, shuffle songs.

You can't fast forward or reverse with the musiclink, but it will stay where it was when you turned your car off, if you don't disconnect the ipod.

I would navigate to your selection with the ipod disconnected start to play it and press pause. Connect the ipod and the selection will continue to play when the ipod is selected.

Dave
How do you navigate through playlists on your Ipod if you have more than six playlists from your steering wheel controls? Isn't Disc1,Disc2,...,Disc6 only used for the first six playlists? How can I access the other playlists( after the sixth) from the steering wheel controls or the buttons?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
How do you navigate through playlists on your Ipod if you have more than six playlists from your steering wheel controls? Isn't Disc1,Disc2,...,Disc6 only used for the first six playlists? How can I access the other playlists( after the sixth) from the steering wheel controls or the buttons?

No disk 1, disk 2, etc is used to choose which function you're using. E.g. disk 6 is for the shuffle all songs mode. In conjunction with the acura ttl (which I'm not a big fan of), choosing the mode in which you choose artist you start the search with the ttl software saying a, b, c, etc.

Dave
Old 09-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dmarcus48
No disk 1, disk 2, etc is used to choose which function you're using. E.g. disk 6 is for the shuffle all songs mode. In conjunction with the acura ttl (which I'm not a big fan of), choosing the mode in which you choose artist you start the search with the ttl software saying a, b, c, etc.

Dave
Even for a non-navi TL?
Old 09-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
Even for a non-navi TL?
The musiclink doesn't have anything to do with the navi. We are talking the Acurar Musiclink here. One thing I would do if I were to do it again would be to have the ipod connector routed into the console rather than the glove box. I have found that you can navigate to the desired song/artist/album the normal way (disconnected), start to play your selection and plug it in and it will continue to play that selection. So if it were in the console, it would be easier to do.

Dave
Old 12-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KatyTL
What is the Music Link? You can hook up the Ipod? Does it work thru the navi system? Tell me more please...where do I get it?
Its Not worth the $415 dollars a dealer will charge for the unit/install

You can't see track artist or any of that information which sucks whats the point of the integration? Spending all that money