MORIMOTO 3.0 LED strips

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
MORIMOTO 3.0 LED strips

Hey guys. So i started the car rhis evening and i Notice that the LED strips my Morimoto 3.0 have been dimmed substantially and they having a slight flicker issue. But what's weird is that they're coming from both sides of the headlight not just one side! So it tells me that there's something going on with the electrical going to both LED strips and the turn signal the turn signal actually is bright (orange)and it runs fine but the white is not getting enough power it looks like.... can anyone tell me what I should check 1st or what they think it might be the cause of this. Battery is fine. Idk what else to check. They were working fine for 2 weeks now. Very dim... and anyone knows who have had the morimoto 3.0 tbat theyyre brihgt as hell!
Old 09-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Instructor

Turn signal

Old 09-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Sounds like maybe LED driver maybe dying.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
My first test would be to wire them straight to the battery to see if the issue is still there.

If it's just the white not being bright, double check the splice to make sure it's good.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:39 AM
Instructor

ok well... looks like it was the fuse... For the longest time my fuse box would consistently make a clicking noise. like the noise of a current being connected after installing a new Fuse. and i realized that for some odd reason, the fuse for my turn signals, tail lights, side markers, and DRLs, is not sitting right inside its designated pocket in the fuse box. its almost as if over time the contact with the fuse itself and the fuse box metal has either shifted or is corroded somehow because i constantly have to open it up and slightly move the specific fuse (almost a nudge) so they will come back on. And that is exactly how i fixed my original issue. however, i am getting tired of doing that every 3 days or so, i wonder if i need to change my fuse box all together? It just feels like the contact to complete the circuit is not touching the base of the fuse. Is it a a B**ch to change out?
Old 09-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
You can try wrapping aluminum foil around the fuse prongs