Looking for a MP3 Holder

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Looking for a MP3 Holder

Anybody know of an MP3 holder than I can purchase to mount in my TL? I need one that is small enough for the Creative Zen Micro to fit in it. I would like one that I can mount next to the radio on the side.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's form a new Zen Micro - TL club !!

Hi, Listening to my Micro as I write this. Amazing device!!

I've got the Zen Micro too and unlike the I-pods it has no accessories so far, even the wired remotes are on back-order. I'm looking for a similar solution. So far I've found a plastic mp3 player holder at PEP Boys that mounts on the air vent but thought that would be tacky. I did purchase an RCA cassette adapter from K-mart for $10 that sounds pretty decent if you adjust the equalizer on the Micro to boost the bass. Also need to set the Micro on maximum volume to match the other audio sources....nice that it doesn't distort at all.

Found that the Micro fits nicely while in it's belt clip case in the lower flip-up door compartment with the 12 volt outlet. If I'm careful I can even close the door without pinching the adapter cord too much. For a very simple temporary solution until you find a holder you could always velcro it to the dash. Heavy duty stuff should work.

Ideally we'll also need a 12 volt adapter when they become available or as part of a holder. The display font on all the small players is so tiny that unless you can remove the player from its holder and hold it in front of you I'd find it kinda risky looking down at it to change music while driving.

Enjoy cruising with your tunes, John
Old 03-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I did the same, I got my cousin the XM Roady2 for his b-day and it came with the car kit. So I took his cassette adapter so that I can use it in my TL. Only time I will ever use the tape player will be for that.

The sound quality is pretty good, but I have to agree some adjustments to the Zen Micro EQ do need to be made for it to sound better.

The idea of putting in that storage compartment is not a bad idea. I will just have to do that until I can get a holder that I can mount to the side of the console. The only holders I have really seen are the ones that clip to the AC vents and I do not want one of those. Hopefully someone will compe out with one soon.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone here had anymore luck getting the Micro to integrate well into their TL?? What is up with the lack of accessories for this thing??