Kivic One impressions

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 11:38 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kivic One impressions

Installed a few things in my 04 TL over the last few months with a lot of useful info I found on this site...

Here are the details...

iSimple Dual Link ISHD531 Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

NAVIKS
Acura TL 2004 2008 Navigation Video Interface ADD TV DVD Ipod Backup Camera | eBay

Back up Camera
CAR Rear View IR Camera FOR Honda City Odyssey Pilot CIVIC Crider Acura TL Acura | eBay

Xtreme Bluetooth Wireless Music Receiver
Amazon.com: Xtreme Bluetooth Wireless Music Receiver - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Xtreme Bluetooth Wireless Music Receiver - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

And Finally for wireless smartphone mirroring...

Kivic ONE
Kivic One GLOBAL | Wireless Entertainment Gateway

Note: Not endorsing any of these retailers... shop around for best price.

Unfortunately the product I was the most excited about, the Kivic One fell short of expectations. On my iPhone 4s (IOS8) as a mirroring device it works pretty well... Until you actually try to stream something. Audio often stutters, particularly at the beginning of songs and again randomly throughout. Playing video, be it native videos on my phone or Netflix and youtube... zero, zip, zilch! Freezing, crashing, or video won't load. But if you just wanna scroll through your phones menus/screens... it's perfect

I did however get to try it briefly with my friends android phone using miracast and it was a much better experience. Youtube was no problem. Streaming music worked well too. Wish I had known that before... you've been warned.

Still pleased with what I was able to accomplish. Never really been the DIY type when it comes to cars. Shouts to Acurazine!
Old 02-06-2015, 08:03 AM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
The rear view camera/ interface looks interesting...how easy to install and how well does it work?

Thanks!