Just Upgraded Navi to 4.62 in my 2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It Should Work For The 07 Tsx Too Right?
Old 05-29-2008, 09:39 PM
2007 TL NAVI

Originally Posted by NDe
I started to use ImgBurn to burn my ISO. This time, you use Google to search ImgBurn. Don't use those Roxio or any of those music burning software. With Imgburn, it takes a total of 3 clicks to burn. Easy, fast and safe. So I stop using Nero. I also switch my XP Pioneer DVD burn to my Macbook Pro running Viata with ImgBurn. Burned a few copies, works on couple TL so far.
So ImgBurn works pretty well for this? I just bought an LG dual-layer burner at Best Buy and a stack of Memorex DVD+R dual layer discs. Hoping it works the first time.... Do you have to change any settings in ImgBurn to enable the dual layer burning? Does it matter where it puts the break for the dual layer?
Old 05-29-2008, 11:09 PM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hey a bit off topic but related to teh nav discs...i'm in an 04 TL, and i want to buy a new nav disc, but i can't seem to find where they show the changes per disc.

i.e. basically the most important thing i want to know is in the state of Missouri, does the 3.70 version reroute since highway 64/40 is down atm. (i know you can check somewhere on this, but for some odd reason i can't find it >< )
Old 05-30-2008, 12:03 AM
NDe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pg_rider
So ImgBurn works pretty well for this? I just bought an LG dual-layer burner at Best Buy and a stack of Memorex DVD+R dual layer discs. Hoping it works the first time.... Do you have to change any settings in ImgBurn to enable the dual layer burning? Does it matter where it puts the break for the dual layer?
Imgburn works fine with my Vista. Just burn the disc via 2x or 2.4x and leave your computer alone. Don't surf or play games. You don't want to waste your $1 DL-DVD on a bad burn.

Nothong to change to enable DL. Be sure you flash to the latest firmware. I used the hacked firmware which can be found at www.rpc1.org.

Good luck
Old 05-30-2008, 09:24 AM
2007 TL NAVI

Originally Posted by NDe
Imgburn works fine with my Vista. Just burn the disc via 2x or 2.4x and leave your computer alone. Don't surf or play games. You don't want to waste your $1 DL-DVD on a bad burn.

Nothong to change to enable DL. Be sure you flash to the latest firmware. I used the hacked firmware which can be found at www.rpc1.org.
Not sure I follow what you're saying -- what do I need to flash to new firmware? The TL's nav system?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:31 AM
NDe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pg_rider
Not sure I follow what you're saying -- what do I need to flash to new firmware? The TL's nav system?
Flash your DVD burner. The Hacked version of most DVD single layer can turn into a DL, plus region free forever, overclock, and more. The single layer DVD burner may not work with Double layer without the latest update.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:38 AM
2007 TL NAVI

Originally Posted by NDe
Flash your DVD burner. The Hacked version of most DVD single layer can turn into a DL, plus region free forever, overclock, and more. The single layer DVD burner may not work with Double layer without the latest update.
Oh, gotcha. I've already got a dual-layer burned so hopefully I'm good to go without having to reflash anything. Will try burning and loading the new disc tonight... Thanks!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:04 PM
5th Gear

4.62 Navi Burned - but in loop

Burn went perfect. Got the standard error message the first time I put in the new version. It downloaded the updates and Navi works. I turn off the egine after its all complete and start over and it goes into Self Diagnostics detection. I can get out of it by hitting "GUIDE" "MENU" and "CANCEL" for approx 5 seconds to bring up the diagnostic menu. I can then go into Navi Test and then hit exit diagnostics and it brings up the Safty screen. Unfortunatly I can't seem to get out of this loop.
Any thoughts?
Old 06-03-2008, 05:22 PM
08 TL-S Kinetic Blue

How does the Navi traffic work for those who have it? I cant figure it out yet....
Old 06-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Make Nice, Not Rice

Originally Posted by joeybabyluvsu
How does the Navi traffic work for those who have it? I cant figure it out yet....

Through an XM subscription WITH an additional $3 monthly charge for its live traffic update.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:34 PM
B16 Swapped TL

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Not sure if the TL's Navi will read dual layer DVD's.
Considering the 4.xx discs are 6-7GB.... the only way they can squeeze the info onto one disc is DL.

I completed the upgrade myself. DL DVDr+
Old 06-04-2008, 05:36 PM
07 TL-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ALL DVD players can read Dual Layer
Old 06-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gonna give this a try.
Hopefully it can work on my Mac.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:33 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Igor911
You can use Nero to burn the ISO as well. Pretty easy if you asked me...

If you set your ISO file associations in windows to open with Nero, it should only take you <5 clicks to burn.
Please kindly show me what the 5 steps are within Nero. Thx.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:36 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by NDe
I started to use ImgBurn to burn my ISO. This time, you use Google to search ImgBurn. Don't use those Roxio or any of those music burning software. With Imgburn, it takes a total of 3 clicks to burn. Easy, fast and safe. So I stop using Nero. I also switch my XP Pioneer DVD burn to my Macbook Pro running Viata with ImgBurn. Burned a few copies, works on couple TL so far.

Keep in mind that you are getting this update free, please be nice and patient since it may not work the first time. Burning DL-DVD is a pain in the butt.

Good luck all.
Hey NDe, I foudn the ImgBurn freeware and please show me what the 3 clisks are to burn the DVD. Thx.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:55 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Mojo7
Hey NDe, I foudn the ImgBurn freeware and please show me what the 3 clisks are to burn the DVD. Thx.
I figured it out... burned the DVD with ImgBurn and it doesn't work on my 07 TL. "Out of range..." message was shown on my screen, I guess the DVD 4.62 ver doesn't work for Canadian city in AB, CANADA.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Instructor

this seems pretty easy, just download it and burn it iso on nero. Im gonna try this tomorrow on my 06 tl. Has anyone had success with this besides igor????
Old 06-09-2008, 11:19 PM
07 TL-S

i did this on my 07s, burned a dl dvd and just stuck it in the trunk dvd player and everything worked as advertised. some new streets were added by my house, and all the gas stations have the icon of the brand. this is in the toronto area.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Lazy Idiot

Originally Posted by Flavour
i did this on my 07s, burned a dl dvd and just stuck it in the trunk dvd player and everything worked as advertised. some new streets were added by my house, and all the gas stations have the icon of the brand. this is in the toronto area.
Ha..
There shouldnt be a problem but ive noticed that anybody with an 04-06 (3.XX) never reports success/failure with their efforts
Old 06-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Lazy Idiot

Originally Posted by balla01
this seems pretty easy, just download it and burn it iso on nero. Im gonna try this tomorrow on my 06 tl. Has anyone had success with this besides igor????
Make sure the disk you download begins with a 3.XX. The newer versions which begin with 4.XX will not work on an 04-06.
It should be okay if you find the right version to download.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Advanced

I need some help, what the heck am I doing wrong. Check this out. I have 2007 Navi TL

I burnt (on a brand new Quad core Dell) using Nero Ultra 7.5 at 2.4x. I insert it into DVD and prompts for 4 dig password. I do it. It works and I got out of the car. later I got back in car and I will describe it like this: Navigation takes 2-5 seconds to boot up, but then goes to Navi Diagnostics.. Only way out of It is doing CAN/MAP/MENU and then it returns to the 'Press Ok' which i do and it works.

I figured what the heck, so then I burned same image on Same Memorex DL at 2.4x with a Maddog triplestor burner but same result. Need to CAN/MAP/MENU to start it.

Is there something im doing wrong or could it be a bad image? It works perfectly once I do this, but each time I get back in car....
Old 06-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Instructor

oh no, i downloaded the 4.62 version....that wont work on an 06?? Where do i find this other version you speak of if this is true?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Instructor

I am using the recommended imgburn software performed the copy and all went well. I put the disc in the car, held the three buttons then clicked version. From there I clicked download. It said it was downloading the data then the words go away leaving only the gray screen. I have to turn the car off to leave this screen.

What am I doing wrong?

07 tl burning 4.62
Old 06-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by thrlride
I am using the recommended imgburn software performed the copy and all went well. I put the disc in the car, held the three buttons then clicked version. From there I clicked download. It said it was downloading the data then the words go away leaving only the gray screen. I have to turn the car off to leave this screen.

What am I doing wrong?

07 tl burning 4.62
All these people here and no one knows what the problem is??
Old 06-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by flipper2001
All these people here and no one knows what the problem is??
Hopefully someone will be able to lend a hand soon.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:35 AM
07 TL-S

Originally Posted by thrlride

What am I doing wrong?

07 tl burning 4.62
i didn't push any buttons, i just turned the key to on, stuck the disk in the trunk and then waited. everything else was automatic, the screen had a progress meter and it was done in a minute or two.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Igor911
Downloaded it online and burned it to a DL DVD

Igor911, Please give me some help. Ive burned 2 copies now using same DVD's but different burners and different computers (both Nero 7.5's). When I inserted the first DVD it said it needed to update FW which it did. Then it asked for my navi code which I entered the 4 dig code. Then it worked. No issues. Next time I got in car it and ever since, it takes about 4 seconds longer to get off the Navi splash screen keeps going into Diagnostic mode and after the tones I can Can/menu/Map and it goes back to next screen where I can press Exit then it goes to the standard navi 'OK' and it works.

I've burned both at 2.4x and disks work so it's not that. Is nero screwing up something?? any ideaS?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Ka-Chow

Been trying to get ahold of Igor911 also...
Old 06-14-2008, 12:19 AM

Thumbs up Nav 4.62 backup successful

Here is what I did:
I used dvd Decrypter and made an ISO image. With that image there was also a .MDS file. The MDS file is a CD image file, and MDS is the corresponding catalog file which I believe uses the ISO and puts them in a certain sequence/order. Open DVD Decrypter, go to Mode--->Click on ISO---->click on the write option. Then go to source and open the file with .MDS extenstion. Make sure you have both the ISO file and .MDS file in the same folder. Change you write speed to 2.4x. I tried doing this with several different DVD+R DL. The brand that worked for me was Pengo. I hope this helps you guys make backup copies. I have made 1 for each of my vehicles and they work perfectly.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Acura Newbie

Igor911, Please give me some help. Ive burned 2 copies now using same DVD's but different burners and different computers (both Nero 7.5's). When I inserted the first DVD it said it needed to update FW which it did. Then it asked for my navi code which I entered the 4 dig code. Then it worked. No issues. Next time I got in car it and ever since, it takes about 4 seconds longer to get off the Navi splash screen keeps going into Diagnostic mode and after the tones I can Can/menu/Map and it goes back to next screen where I can press Exit then it goes to the standard navi 'OK' and it works.

I've burned both at 2.4x and disks work so it's not that. Is nero screwing up something?? any ideaS?
Flipper - next time you're at the Can/Menu/Map screen, go to the 'version' page and hit load. That should re-load the appropriate files and reset the nav. Hopefully that will eliminate the Diagnostic screen stuff.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Advanced

Guys,
thanks for all the info, I'm burning the disc now, hope it works on my 04
Old 06-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Advanced

I there any way to flash the 04-06 dvd drives to read the new 4.62 disc?
Old 06-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Xerlude
Guys,
thanks for all the info, I'm burning the disc now, hope it works on my 04
the 4.62 version will not work on an 04, only 07 and up. You will have to get version 3.xx if its 04-06. The new one should be out this fall.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by blipszyc
Flipper - next time you're at the Can/Menu/Map screen, go to the 'version' page and hit load. That should re-load the appropriate files and reset the nav. Hopefully that will eliminate the Diagnostic screen stuff.
I will try that! I hope that works, I burnt my 3rd DL today with Dvd Decrypt but same problem. I will go outside and try it as soon as the rain stops and report back!

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by blipszyc
Did not work. It did the download but as soon as it was done it went back to diagnostics. I'm about to give up. Is there a problem with my image/iso?

Crap, now I loose my male voices and didnt accomplish anything!

Anything else to try?
Old 06-14-2008, 11:10 PM
5th Gear

4.62 goes to diagnostics at car start

blipszyc and flipper - I also have the same issue on car start goes into diagnostics. Have reloaded the updates and still each time I start the car the diagnostics comes back up. Tomorrow I am going to put the original back in and try to do it all over again and see what happends. Will post following.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott2
Here is what I did:
I used dvd Decrypter and made an ISO image. With that image there was also a .MDS file. The MDS file is a CD image file, and MDS is the corresponding catalog file which I believe uses the ISO and puts them in a certain sequence/order. Open DVD Decrypter, go to Mode--->Click on ISO---->click on the write option. Then go to source and open the file with .MDS extenstion. Make sure you have both the ISO file and .MDS file in the same folder. Change you write speed to 2.4x. I tried doing this with several different DVD+R DL. The brand that worked for me was Pengo. I hope this helps you guys make backup copies. I have made 1 for each of my vehicles and they work perfectly.

Bravo!

x2 works like a charm! Did two cars
Old 06-15-2008, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by tclavell

Bravo!

x2 works like a charm! Did two cars

Congrats man. I'm glad my post helped.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by scott2
Here is what I did:
I've got four more blank discs so will try this tonight. If that doesn't work I will try to acquire it again.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:31 PM
NDe
Intermediate

Did not work. It did the download but as soon as it was done it went back to diagnostics. I'm about to give up. Is there a problem with my image/iso?

Crap, now I loose my male voices and didnt accomplish anything!

Anything else to try?

You may want to try a different brand of DL-DVD. Also try using Imgburner and burn the DVD at 2.4 speed.

Quick Reply: Just Upgraded Navi to 4.62 in my 2007