ISimple SLOW, presets won't change status

Old 02-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ISimple SLOW, presets won't change status

I just installed an ISIMPLE and it seems very slow to respond to the ipod. It stays in xm moode for 30 seconds and sometimes it won't read the ipod at all. When I get the ipod to work, the presets don't seem to do anything, cannot control anything with steering wheel controls. I updated my ipod and downloaded the latest firmware. What could it be? What position are the switches supposed to be set to?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Instructor

I read here that one member seemed to solve this problem by downloading firmware .36E from the peripheralelectronics.com website. Which one are you using?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
is there a DIY install guide for the isimple? i just got mine from the GB and im sure a lot of us will be installing them in the near future.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:25 PM
1st Gear

iSimple firmware update ?

I too am having problems getting the iSimple to work properly..it still shows
"XM Loading" all the time..when changing modes I am able to enter SAT-iPod-Aux1-AUx2 and occasionally play the music, however the display does not show the title, etc..Today my car battery actually discharged to the point where the car would not start (this is after watching the display cycle through
various modes in the "accessory" mode of my ignintion. Ater AAA gave me
a jump-start the car again starts ok, but I have removed the iSimple unit and re-connected the OEM connector..When checking on Peripheral's website for
firmware updates I only see Windows options..is there not a way for us
Apple users to update the iSimple firmware ?
2005 TSX, non-nav
Thanks for any help..
Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 AM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The firmware update certainly helps out with the major bugs most of you are talking about but, it is still not perfect if you shut your stereo off before turning car off for the night. On cold starts, it still locks my stereo/nav controls up for a couple minutes.

The fix is to just leave your stereo on. I just turn the volume all the way down before turning off and it works fine when I start up. The best we can do is keep telling the company of our problems and hope they can firmware update it.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Intermediate

I have it working much better still seems slow. I downloaded version.38 before I installed the unit. I notice the song title stays on the first song I play and doesn't change when other songs are playing.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by qualityat
I have it working much better still seems slow. I downloaded version.38 before I installed the unit. I notice the song title stays on the first song I play and doesn't change when other songs are playing.
this is wack - these bugs should have been disclosed in the GB thread so ppl can make an informed decision. everything on there seemed like positive feedback and the person coordinating the GB didnt disclose these issues.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Instructor

this unit has a delayed response time, have to be patient (at least that's what I tell myself). know that turning off the radio b/f taking the keys out will cause the unit to re-boot up when starting the vehicle. like the member mentioned above, better off leaving the radio on. also, if the unit is on "IPOD" mode and a Ipod is connected, this will charge the unit regardless of rather car is on or not. depending how long ipod is left connected, this could be a reason why the battery may go dead.

lastly, need to quickly jump on tuning dial when entering isimple mode after hitting "xm" button (within 4 sec someone mentioned) expect a delayed response.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Instructor

my ISimple Install

"is there a DIY install guide for the isimple? i just got mine from the GB and im sure a lot of us will be installing them in the near future."

there's a huge DIY on it somewhere on this thread.

I tried the "don't take anything apart" method, i did not succeed. this is what i ended up doing and it made my install much easier:

1) carefully remove left center console trimming (the delegate long thin silver piece everyone dreads so much)
2) remove driver's side leg panel (the one next to your right leg)
3) now u have excess to back of the xm for the simple connection swap.
4) there's enough wires to pretty much place the isimple unit (box) where ever u like within reason. i 3m taped to plastic air vent just to the right of gas pedal in the upper corner. its out of the way (assuming shaq with his size 24 isn't driving it) this method is perfect to rout the Ipod and aux in wires along the side of the center console right into arm storage compartment.
5) need to of course loosen the screws holding the back end of the center console in place (two located inside center console storage bin) feed the remaining wires under the console and through removal square cover inside console storage area (you'll know what i'm talking about once u take a look in storage area)
6) follow the yellow paper instruction verbatim, leave the "dip switches" off and most importantly be patient.

Regardless of what others feel, I believe this unit is superior and well worth the money and the extra option. Like most new and innovative inventions, there are all ways going be growing pain however, its much better than the alternative.......... double din, or some else thats going to cost close to a gran.

good luck.

Last edited by rooki; 03-01-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Intermediate

I think the unit is overpriced for all the bugs. My unit repeats every song unless I manually puss it to the next song and sometimes it will not respond at all
Old 03-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Instructor

Can anyone confirm that the freezing/lag issue exists with firmware .36E? Also, why are there two different websites (pac-audio and peripheralelectronics) for updating the firmware on this thing?
Old 03-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by qualityat
I get this same problem with my iPod nano - but with my iPhone it seems to change properly with the song. BUT I still can't control anything with my steering wheel. When I hit track up on the wheel the screen cycles through RPT Song- RPT ALbum, etc and when I hit track down it goes to the "browse" function. Not that happy with it as of now. Any help??