isimple questions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
isimple questions?

Okay I just had the isimple installed at Best Buy today on my 06 TL w/Nav. Initially they didnt want to install it because they said it doesnt work on my car cause the navigation, but I told them that I have read on this forum a bunch of times, it does work and to install it anyways lol. He installs it says it doesnt work, I have been playing around with it and I cant get it to work. I am still getting my xm preview through the radio like normal, did he not install it properly?? Is there something special I need to do to get it to work?? Any help or tips with this would be awesome, thanks.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 180 Posts
I believe ISimple is a rebranding of Neo Prolink. I recently installed a Neo Pro and it works fine as long as you're in CDC mode- meaning I can't take advantage of seeing the Scrolling text display of Satellite mode. The CDC mode allows you to control the IPOD with the steering wheel controls as well as a Audio screen interface- it works pretty well.

There's information on both iSimple and NeoPro on this forum- just do a search and you will find it in this sub-forum.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The iSimple is from Peripheral. You can find it at their web page as the PXAMG.

Not sure why the installer told you it would not work, but I'm more confused why you used the guy who tells you that it won't work?

Go to Peripheral's page and get the instructions; if it is installed correctly you won't have to do anything else.

If there is still a problem you may want to check the connections to make sure that they are securely mated. Next you should check that the dip switches are in the correct position (the instructions will tell you how they are to be configured).

If you still are out of luck you may want to try another installer of maybe one of the Fla. members could help.

Good Luck
Old 08-16-2009, 07:50 PM
TL owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
he probably said that because i went into a best buy looking for one and on the box it said "its not compatible with tl's with navigation" on the box so maybe that's why the installer said that...just my 2 cents.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Eiswritsat
he probably said that because i went into a best buy looking for one and on the box it said "its not compatible with tl's with navigation" on the box so maybe that's why the installer said that...just my 2 cents.
yea and i told him i know it works and to just go ahead and install it. The guy was like well you can't get your money back for the labor even if it doesnt work. I just figured it out, when you have the xm function on you have to turn the tuning knob and that made it work. Im going to call my best buy and tell them that it does work, you would think they would know those kind of things.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:15 PM
TL owner

Originally Posted by balla01
yea and i told him i know it works and to just go ahead and install it. The guy was like well you can't get your money back for the labor even if it doesnt work. I just figured it out, when you have the xm function on you have to turn the tuning knob and that made it work. Im going to call my best buy and tell them that it does work, you would think they would know those kind of things.

im glad u got it working, but im sure they normally dont install things that on the box says it wont work. Hows the SQ? does it allow u to keep ur xm and use the ipod and text?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Instructor

im glad u got it working, but im sure they normally dont install things that on the box says it wont work. Hows the SQ? does it allow u to keep ur xm and use the ipod and text?

Yea it allows me to keep my xm, if you mean text as in showing what artist it plays yea. As far as doing text messages, i haven't tried yet but I will let you know. It says on the box it wont work with "navtraffic" which i dont have. I tried to explain it to the guy, but he wasn't very smart.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:54 PM
10th Gear

My daughter has worked for BB for years and she has her dad do her work on her car!! They told me that they have never gotten one to work with the steering wheel controls on a newer Honda Accord. I installed my wifes and it works perfectly. I wanted to take it back to show them, my daughter said "don't bother".
Old 08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rudyjr
My daughter has worked for BB for years and she has her dad do her work on her car!! They told me that they have never gotten one to work with the steering wheel controls on a newer Honda Accord. I installed my wifes and it works perfectly. I wanted to take it back to show them, my daughter said "don't bother".
Yea, that is crazy. I called my BB today and told them, and they acted like they were shocked!! The guy was like are you serious?!?!?! He wanted to know the exact way I got it to work, those guys are not very bright.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:35 PM
TL owner

Yea it allows me to keep my xm, if you mean text as in showing what artist it plays yea. As far as doing text messages, i haven't tried yet but I will let you know. It says on the box it wont work with "navtraffic" which i dont have. I tried to explain it to the guy, but he wasn't very smart.

i was talking about the xm text as far as artist/ song and ipod text artist/song lol
Old 08-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Instructor

i was talking about the xm text as far as artist/ song and ipod text artist/song lol
on the dash it does show artist and song for a second but it goes away, on the iphone it doesn't show.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:40 PM
10th Gear

I don't think it is a matter of not being bright as much as not well versed or trained on all of the products that they carry. In the case of the Isimple or PXAMG you really need someone to go over the controls for your particular stereo layout which were not included for the wifes Accord. A person from Peripheral tech support walked me through it in a couple of minutes. He said "oh that stereo is different I will have to look it up"before even he could help me.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:28 PM
TL owner

Originally Posted by rudyjr
I don't think it is a matter of not being bright as much as not well versed or trained on all of the products that they carry. In the case of the Isimple or PXAMG you really need someone to go over the controls for your particular stereo layout which were not included for the wifes Accord. A person from Peripheral tech support walked me through it in a couple of minutes. He said "oh that stereo is different I will have to look it up"before even he could help me.
i agree plus you gotta blame the company for putting on the box that its not compatible with TL's navigation, if it is more so then the installer
Old 08-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh SNAPP Imma use my employee discount on it tmr and have my installer guys do it before i go on my road trip!!! Woot thanks for finding out that it does work cause ive been floating around the damn thing and just deciding if it does or not work...according to my guys from work as long as you dont use NavTraffic which is from XM ( which i dont) then he said it "should" work...

One more thing do ppl with NAvi see the songs display onto the Navi screen? and the ipod library??

Thanks guys
Old 08-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by HokAy
One more thing do ppl with NAvi see the songs display onto the Navi screen? and the ipod library??
You see the song name displayed where the time is located, also I have not found a way to scroll through or view the ipod library through the car. I just play a playlist on random, that is the only way I know how to use it so far.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Advanced

You see the song name displayed where the time is located, also I have not found a way to scroll through or view the ipod library through the car. I just play a playlist on random, that is the only way I know how to use it so far.
I believe you use your number keys to accomplish this (1-6, below the NAV)
Old 08-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Big Green
I believe you use your number keys to accomplish this (1-6, below the NAV)
Yea that did the trick, its kind of confusing on what each key does. By any chance do you know?
Old 08-26-2009, 06:50 PM
10th Gear

I called their tech support people and one of their people sent me a sheet vial e-mail. It had my wifes stereo and a description of which keys did what I put a copy in the console.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Advanced

Yea that did the trick, its kind of confusing on what each key does. By any chance do you know?
Just had it installed today.

2 in random

3/4 are rw/ff

5 is back/change

6 is select
Old 08-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Advanced

2 is random

3/4 are rw/ff

5 is back/change

6 is select

(scroll through 5 until you get to genre, hit 6, scroll through give until you get to rock, hit 6, etc)
Old 08-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Big Green

2 is random

3/4 are rw/ff

5 is back/change

6 is select

(scroll through 5 until you get to genre, hit 6, scroll through give until you get to rock, hit 6, etc)
sweet thanks!!! I usually just let it play random, it always switches it up!