iSimple ishd571 In 2006 TL Base Trunk?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 09:05 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSimple ishd571 In 2006 TL Base Trunk?

The title says it all. For quite a while I've been researching if it's possible to install the iSimple device in the trunk, connected to the XM reciever, like you do on the 2007-2008 TL. I don't trust myself to tear apart my console to do the install behind my radio, so i got to wondering if the plug behind the radio is the same as the one on the xm reciever in the trunk. That way i would just have to run the wires into the cabin when i do my aftermarket subwoofer install. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-23-2017, 08:16 AM
Cruisin'

Anyone? I'm sure someone on the forums knows. I started wondering about the iSimple device plugging into the xm receiver when I was looking into the USA Spec BT45-HON3. The instructions for it say to plug the device into the receiver in the trunk. So could I do the same with iSImple?
Old 04-24-2017, 11:50 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just installed the ISHD651 in the console of my TL last week. It's pretty straightforward,

You don't have to pull the radio.

The connector is accessed via the side panel on the console.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts
+1 to the ISHD651. I have had my device forover 2 years and it has only had to be reset once. The product works very well and offers AUX, USB, as well as bluetooth streaming options.

I am however a little confused. You're comfortable enough to complete an aftermarket sub woofer installation, but you don't want to take apart a small portion of your dash? This seems contradictory to me. Read through this post:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...p-pics-895559/

It's a great step-by-step guide, showing exactly how you can install an aftermarket device. Doing it right the first time will save headaches in the long run. I'm not sure if the cords for an aftermarket audio device would reach all the way to where you need them near the front of your cabin. However, I could be wrong.

If you go this route (which is what I recommend), you might want to even consider installing your aftermarket audio equipment while you have the dash partially torn apart. Just my

Last edited by wusty23jd; 04-28-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Cruisin'

Thank you guys for the help! My simple ishd571 came in today, and I just gone done installing it. The most difficult part of the installation was getting the new plug back into the radio. The only other issue I had was when I thought the black plug was all the way in on the back of the isimple itself. My radio was cutting out, so that's what made me realize the plug wasn't all the way in. But now it's up and running and I'm a happy camper! The sound quality is so much better than the CD player in my opinion. So overall im very pleased with the install.