iSimple iPhone 5 issue in IPOD mode in '08 TLS

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
iSimple iPhone 5 issue in IPOD mode in '08 TLS

I apologize if this has been previously discussed in another thread. If it has, please do direct me to that thread.

Ok, so I installed the iSimple in my '08 TL Type S the other day. I have an iPhone 5 so I have the Lightning-to 30 Pin adapter hooked up to it. I also made sure the iSimple was updated prior to purchase & install, so that should be all good.

The iSimple works perfectly when in AUX 1 mode. Hell, it even let's me change tracks from my steering wheel that I wasn't expecting.

The problem I am having is putting it into IPOD mode. The day I installed it, I tested it in IPOD mode first and the song info text showed up just fine on both displays and I was ecstatic about that. The iPhone never showed the "Accessory connected" screen which was a little bit of a surprise for me, and it let me change tracks from my phone as well.

Since then, however, it's being really temperamental. When I switch it into IPOD mode, the Navi screen (on the Audio button) just shows IPOD on all four lines instead of the Artist & Song info and just says IPOD on the upper display and it'll play whatever song I was previously listening to for a split second and then not play anything anymore. I have to switch it into AUX 1 mode for it to play music again.

I've tried to plug in the phone before I put my keys in the ignition & start my car and that doesn't work either. Then all of the sudden it'll randomly work perfectly fine like it should in IPOD mode when I get in my car to drive from point A to point B but then it won't work again when I get back in my car. It's really annoying to say the least.

Simply put, the IPOD mode on the iSimple isn't functioning as it should. It won't display the text for song info and won't even play music through IPOD mode, except when randomly it tickles its fancy.

Has anyone else run into this? Does anyone have a solution for this? Any help will be much appreciated!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:43 AM
Intermediate

Come on, AZers!

I'm sure someone has a tip or two for me on this issue!!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
are you emulating CD changer or XM?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:21 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 4drviper
are you emulating CD changer or XM?
Emulating XM, the iSimple had to be installed in the trunk connecting it to the XM NavTraffic.

I figured out that IPOD mode on the iSimple works perfectly fine with my wife's iPhone 4S but not my iPhone 5.

I have the Lighting to 30-pin adapter I purchased from the Apple store (so I know it's legit) and although it charges, it refuses to let me play music on the IPOD mode and show me the track info.

Any one else out there w/ an iPhone 5 & iSimple???
Old 02-18-2013, 04:08 AM
Intermediate

OK, I found the solution to this issue for anyone else who happens to run into the same frustrating issue I did:

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ng_adapter.pdf

The gist of it is pretty much disconnect the Lightning adapter from the iSimple's iPhone/iPod dock and reconnect it and everything will work as it should.

Hope this helps anyone else out there!!
The following users liked this post:
Bladehopper82 (01-08-2015)