iSimple for 2007 Acura TL Type S

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSimple for 2007 Acura TL Type S

Ok so after reading numerous threads im even more losses. I have the 2007 acura tl type s...of course with navigation. Im wondering which isimple kit to get. I've seen that I need the pxamg and a cable called the pghhdc1. Numerous conflicting threads say for the type s I need the pghhdc2? Which one do I need and is there a kit where both are included. Thanx for any help in advance.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
This is the installation kit that you need for your car:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=34

Good luck
Old 07-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Intermediate

Thank u rbeachtl. Do I need the pxamg unit as well?
Old 07-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes
Old 07-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Intermediate

lol and the ipod cable? sorry last question. reason i ask is theres a kit that comes with pxamg ipod cable and pghhdc1. i cant find a kit the pghhdc2 so i think i will just order kit with dc1 and order a dc2 cable. prob sell the dc1
Old 07-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Intermediate

nvm answered my own question. thanx for all the help
Old 02-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread from the dead but I think it's time for me to give in and buy an iSimple unit since my XM has expired. I've read numerous threads about the different units and the ones that do / don't work with XM traffic and so forth.

These are the two pieces of equipment that I'll need for my '08 Type S, correct?

Amazon.com: Peripheral PXAMG Universal iPod Adapter with HD Radio and Auxiliary Audio Capabilities: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Peripheral PXAMG Universal iPod Adapter with HD Radio and Auxiliary Audio Capabilities: MP3 Players & Accessories

and

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Boogsephine
Sorry to revive this thread from the dead but I think it's time for me to give in and buy an iSimple unit since my XM has expired. I've read numerous threads about the different units and the ones that do / don't work with XM traffic and so forth.

These are the two pieces of equipment that I'll need for my '08 Type S, correct?

Amazon.com: Peripheral PXAMG Universal iPod Adapter with HD Radio and Auxiliary Audio Capabilities: MP3 Players & Accessories

and

Thanks!
I really want to know the answer to this as well! I'm in the same boat!
Old 02-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Amazon.com: Peripheral PXAMG Universal iPod Adapter with HD Radio and Auxiliary Audio Capabilities: MP3 Players & Accessories

and

Thanks!
Yes those are the two parts that you will need.
The following users liked this post:
Boogsephine (02-20-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 09:21 AM
Racer

Received 234 Likes on 82 Posts
Any way to get a cable that is compatible with apples new lightning port on the new iphones/ipods/ipads? Or one that simply has a USB pigtail?
Old 02-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
@ Corey_Straker,

I don't think they make that cable yet but you can use the apple branded lightning to 30 pin adapter and that could work. The iSimple may not interface with it though depending on changes to how the phone works and what signals it sends back to the gateway. That would be a quick and inexpensive test though. Likely, if pac-audio comes out with a new cable they will provide the gateway with a new firmware update as well.

If you still wanted to stick with an iSimple device though, you might want to look at the ISHD651. I'm not sure if the PGHHD2 harness will work with this (that retains Nav traffic in an 07-08 TL-S) but it does have the USB port.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:50 AM
6th Gear

ok so i just read this page and I'm still confused. can someone list exactly what i need for my 2007 tl-s. my xm is expired and i don't plan on using it. I'm trying to install an iPad mini
Old 03-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Instructor

kenny1119, read my post #7. You'll need those two things listed to integrate your iPod / iPad into the OEM interface using the XM unit in the trunk. I don't know how it'll work with an iPad but I am sure you can get the 30 pin to lightning adapter and get the audio working but not 100% sure on the video.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:04 PM
Instructor

Received all of my parts yesterday. I had to order them all separately and when I ordered the PXAMG unit from Amazon the description said it didn't come with the iPod cable but it did come with one so I have an extra cable for that. Haha.

I'm going to try to knock it out tomorrow afternoon as long as there is no rain. I'm not 100% sure where I'm going to route the cable to but I'm leaning towards the center console (below the arm rest compartment). Not sure if I'll have to drill to squeeze the cable through or if I can unbolt it from the frame and somehow pull the cable between the plastic and metal / carpet of the car.
Attached Thumbnails iSimple for  2007 Acura TL Type S-2014-03-21.jpg  
Old 03-21-2014, 07:21 PM
Instructor

Received all of my parts yesterday. I had to order them all separately and when I ordered the PXAMG unit from Amazon the description said it didn't come with the iPod cable but it did come with one so I have an extra cable for that. Haha.

I'm going to try to knock it out tomorrow afternoon as long as there is no rain. I'm not 100% sure where I'm going to route the cable to but I'm leaning towards the center console (below the arm rest compartment). Not sure if I'll have to drill to squeeze the cable through or if I can unbolt it from the frame and somehow pull the cable between the plastic and metal / carpet of the car.
Nice! I'm looking to do this install in the next month or so too! I'm excited to see how yours turns out
Old 03-22-2014, 01:23 PM
Instructor

The install went good and it also went bad. I had the rear seat, bottom of the center console and the interior of the trunk taken apart within 30 minutes. Running the iPod cable from the bottom part of the center console was fairly simple with the help from a hanger and some electrical tape.

When I went to unbolt the XM unit and plug in the harness, I realized the seller on eBay sent the wrong harness. The package says PGHHD2C which is the correct cable for the 2008 TL-S. Inside the packaging was the PGHHD1 harness. Bummer.

I contacted the seller on eBay and stated that they put the wrong cable inside the package and that we needed to come to some kind of agreement or he needed to refund my money. The seller replied stating that I should have ran the part number before purchasing it and that there are no refunds. Since the seller put the wrong harness into the package, I had to contact eBay and now have to wait to see what they will do.

In the mean time I'm just going to buy another harness online and install it since the cables are already run in the car. I just have to plug 2 wires in from the new harness and it'll be golden!

Overall I'd say the install took 2 hours. The hardest part was feeding the iPod cable between the rear seat and the trunk. There is very little room so it was a bit tricky but just took a little time.

On a side note -- would the PGHHD1 cable with in a 2004 Acura TL with navi? I know the 04's didn't have XM traffic and one of my friends wants to install the iSimple unit and if he can use this cable then I'll just hang on to it until he's ready for the install.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:18 AM
Instructor

The install went good and it also went bad. I had the rear seat, bottom of the center console and the interior of the trunk taken apart within 30 minutes. Running the iPod cable from the bottom part of the center console was fairly simple with the help from a hanger and some electrical tape.

When I went to unbolt the XM unit and plug in the harness, I realized the seller on eBay sent the wrong harness. The package says PGHHD2C which is the correct cable for the 2008 TL-S. Inside the packaging was the PGHHD1 harness. Bummer.

I contacted the seller on eBay and stated that they put the wrong cable inside the package and that we needed to come to some kind of agreement or he needed to refund my money. The seller replied stating that I should have ran the part number before purchasing it and that there are no refunds. Since the seller put the wrong harness into the package, I had to contact eBay and now have to wait to see what they will do.

In the mean time I'm just going to buy another harness online and install it since the cables are already run in the car. I just have to plug 2 wires in from the new harness and it'll be golden!

Overall I'd say the install took 2 hours. The hardest part was feeding the iPod cable between the rear seat and the trunk. There is very little room so it was a bit tricky but just took a little time.

On a side note -- would the PGHHD1 cable with in a 2004 Acura TL with navi? I know the 04's didn't have XM traffic and one of my friends wants to install the iSimple unit and if he can use this cable then I'll just hang on to it until he's ready for the install.
That's always a bummer when you realize mid install you don't have everything you need. Sorry man! Yea, I think the PGHHD1 does work with the 04-06 because they don't have XM traffic live but don't quote me haha
Old 03-24-2014, 04:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RxWorld
That's always a bummer when you realize mid install you don't have everything you need. Sorry man! Yea, I think the PGHHD1 does work with the 04-06 because they don't have XM traffic live but don't quote me haha
Heard that! It's all good though as the correct harness I ordered on Saturday is already sitting at my place. I'm going to hook it up Wednesday morning and all should be up and working then.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Instructor

Update: Received the new harness and plugged it in and all is well! I zip tied the iSimple unit through the holes where the XM is bolted to the frame. The new harness came with another iPod cable for the iSimple kit so I have two extra ones now.

I like the unit but it definitely takes some getting used to with the controls. I have to hold down the next track button on the steering wheel until it beeps so I generally use the right turn knob to change the track.

Once I get used to how to maneuver through the iPod using the OEM radio buttons it'll be the perfect add-on for my TL! I'm glad it charges the iPod and pauses when I receive a call plus leaving the auxiliary cable available for my phone or any other audio device.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:15 PM
Instructor

Update: Received the new harness and plugged it in and all is well! I zip tied the iSimple unit through the holes where the XM is bolted to the frame. The new harness came with another iPod cable for the iSimple kit so I have two extra ones now.

I like the unit but it definitely takes some getting used to with the controls. I have to hold down the next track button on the steering wheel until it beeps so I generally use the right turn knob to change the track.

Once I get used to how to maneuver through the iPod using the OEM radio buttons it'll be the perfect add-on for my TL! I'm glad it charges the iPod and pauses when I receive a call plus leaving the auxiliary cable available for my phone or any other audio device.
Nice! That's awesome you got it installed and everything! Can you still select a song using the actual ipod if you want?
Old 03-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RxWorld
Nice! That's awesome you got it installed and everything! Can you still select a song using the actual ipod if you want?
Not while the iPod is plugged into the iSimple cable. It looks like it would if it were hooked up to a computer when it is connected to the cable in my center console. You can unplug it and then select the song you want and connect it up so that song plays.

I am starting to get used to the controls more and more now and to make a long story short, it was worth every penny I spent on it. The 5 and 6 button on the CD changer are used the most as that pretty much works as the 'select' and 'back' buttons on the iPod.

I've been driving the Honda Pilot around and I miss the sound system and quality of the TL.
The following users liked this post:
RxWorld (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 12:24 PM
5th Gear

who knows where I can get the module to be able to watch movies on the navi ?