iPod Integration Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPod Integration Question

I know that the newer iSimple can display text, and so can the Dice unit.
I was wondering if there was any way to make the text show on the HU while also having control of the iPod via the iPod itself. From what I've read, the only way you can control the ipod from the iPod as opposed to the HU is if you turn off the text display mode.
Can anybody with either unit shed some light on this?
I want to control the iPod from the iPod, have usable steering wheel controls, have text display, and have the ability to charge the ipod. If there is a unit that does all of this simultaneously, please let me know!!
Like I said, I know the isimple can do these things, but not at the same time.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:32 PM
08 TL

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
USA SPEC

http://enfigcarstereo.com/acura_ipod.html

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/usa-spec-pa15-acu-xl-installation-acura-tl-2007-a-792025/
Old 04-24-2014, 03:40 AM
Advanced

And you're positive I can still control the ipod from the ipod itself WHILE STILL displaying text on the headunit? At the same time?
Like I said most of these options come with a compromise...if you decide to control the playback from the ipod you must turn the text off.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:02 AM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the USA SPEC unit w/ stock NAV and the text works for me whether it be controlled from the steering wheel, console, or iPod/iPhone. Even shows text display for pandora too.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You didn't specify nav or non-nav, but I have a non-nav and the iSimple, I can control my iPhone via the head unit, via the iPhone itself, or any combination of the 2. I can even call up Siri with the press of a button. I'm using this:
Amazon.com: ISIMPLE ISHD651 Premium Factory Radio Interface for Android(TM) & iPad(R)/iPhone(R)/iPod(R): MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: ISIMPLE ISHD651 Premium Factory Radio Interface for Android(TM) & iPad(R)/iPhone(R)/iPod(R): MP3 Players & Accessories
Old 04-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
+1 on the USA SPEC. It does all of that on my 06 non-nav.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:26 PM
08 TL

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jbeck
And you're positive I can still control the ipod from the ipod itself WHILE STILL displaying text on the headunit? At the same time?
Like I said most of these options come with a compromise...if you decide to control the playback from the ipod you must turn the text off.
Yeeees!!!...
Old 04-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tmerema
You didn't specify nav or non-nav, but I have a non-nav and the iSimple, I can control my iPhone via the head unit, via the iPhone itself, or any combination of the 2. I can even call up Siri with the press of a button. I'm using this:
Amazon.com: ISIMPLE ISHD651 Premium Factory Radio Interface for Android(TM) & iPad(R)/iPhone(R)/iPod(R): MP3 Players & Accessories
It's a non-navi, sorry for forgetting to mention! Okay, the main thing im wondering is that while you're controling the music from the iPhone, do you still get text on the headunit?
Old 04-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ROKEEFE
I have the USA SPEC unit w/ stock NAV and the text works for me whether it be controlled from the steering wheel, console, or iPod/iPhone. Even shows text display for pandora too.
Excellent! This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Advanced

Ive heard of an engine noise whine or screech transmitted through the usaspec, can anyone here tell me whether or not they experience that issue?
Old 04-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jbeck
It's a non-navi, sorry for forgetting to mention! Okay, the main thing im wondering is that while you're controling the music from the iPhone, do you still get text on the headunit?
I still get text all the time. There's no switching modes or anything to control from HU or from the device. It displays text from iTunes, Pandora, iTunes radio, even when I preview a song on the iTunes store. No engine whine, the only thing is sometimes I get a soft click or pop (barely noticable) whenever I use the steering wheel controls. I have yet to use the aux in (headphone cable) but the BT and the USB are both clear.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:55 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tmerema
I still get text all the time. There's no switching modes or anything to control from HU or from the device. It displays text from iTunes, Pandora, iTunes radio, even when I preview a song on the iTunes store. No engine whine, the only thing is sometimes I get a soft click or pop (barely noticable) whenever I use the steering wheel controls. I have yet to use the aux in (headphone cable) but the BT and the USB are both clear.
Right on! Extremely helpful, I just ordered one based on what you had to say. Sounds like it's exactly what im looking for! Thank you!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:16 AM
Intermediate

No problem at all. I am quite fussy with having everything working as I want it, and it took me a long time to figure out which adaptor to get. Good luck with the install and enjoy! Oh, as a side note the connectors on the control box for this unit are kind of cheap, I recommend securing them very well during the install. I had trouble getting mine to stay locked in.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:11 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exactly what he said. the usa spec is the way to go. i own it myself and it works amazing just how you want it to work. works flawlessly. i would invest in that instead. shouldve done more research before yu made yur purchase.