iPhone/iPod-Based Carputer???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone/iPod-Based Carputer???

I stumbled upon a blog on MP3Car.com discussing this and was wondering if anyone has any experience/advice on a carputer system based on apple products in a 3G TL w/Nav. I looked everywhere on this forum but have found nothing.

Seeing as how they are expandable via apps, these may provide a more affordable type of setup. I realize that the memory capacity isn't quite up to par yet with these devices, but I believe that will change in the near future. Ideally, something integrating touchscreen control would be awesome, but I think this is a ways off.

Check out the blog and let me know what you think...

http://www.mp3car.com/index.php/174-...-your-PND.html

Thanks.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:35 AM
TeZZeeY

bad pics but you get the idea... exactly like the video that u had the link to
Old 02-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
^^ That is pretty f'n cool.. I have that also as I got the TV out app as someone suggested but the picture quality is very grainy as I hate it. Also its not like you can use the screen to control anything you still gotta control all functions through the iPhone's screen so this is more for looks factor than anything.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:14 AM
TeZZeeY

ScreenSplitr app works Fine for me.. tv out somehow doesn't work fully on my phone... at least the springboard option.. ill take a better picture soon

and i actually use it other than showing it off to my friends, i flip through albums without having to look down.. and sometimes i play games but they lag

Last edited by Tezzeey; 02-27-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:48 AM
2nd Gear

Damn that looks good! I was thinking about doing something like that soon. Is that a iPod Touch or iPhone? If it's the iPhone have you tried to use any navigation apps to see if they are worth a hoot? How do the videos look?

Do you know if anyone is working on a way of obtaining the touchscreen coordinates from the TL and using a script or something to control the iPod/iPhone? Don't know if this is even possible using Apple products because of how much they constrain their devices...but a worthy thought.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:15 PM
TeZZeeY

Originally Posted by dlucero7
Damn that looks good! I was thinking about doing something like that soon. Is that a iPod Touch or iPhone? If it's the iPhone have you tried to use any navigation apps to see if they are worth a hoot? How do the videos look?

Do you know if anyone is working on a way of obtaining the touchscreen coordinates from the TL and using a script or something to control the iPod/iPhone? Don't know if this is even possible using Apple products because of how much they constrain their devices...but a worthy thought.

its an iphone and no i havent tried to use the gps because i use the phone as a ipod touch

video looks very good

no word on people using the touchscreen .. i know people have done it with a carputer