Intermittent HFL failures/lockups

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 06:05 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intermittent HFL failures/lockups

I've started having a problem with my HFL where sometimes when I start the car it will not respond. THe phone that normally auto-pairs is not pairing and when you hit the HFL buttons no beeping occurs.

A restart of the car does not fix this, the car has not been sitting for any extended period of time (i.e. it is a daily driver). I am in the DC area and don't know if this is attributed to the cold weather or not.

Is this the fuse issue i've read about? I was going to have the dealer look at it during my next oil change but the problem is not reproduceable - it is a random occurance. VERY annoying.

This morning it didn't pair but did beep when I hit the HFL button, it quickly displays "phone" on the nav (in the upper left corner, with the volume on the right corner) and then goes back to the radio (less than 1 second)

Any ideas ?
Old 02-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Instructor

Do you notice if your radio presets are gone as well when this is happening? I have an 06 and the other day my HFL didn't auto pair and my presets were gone. Then after I had the car shut off for about 15min and tried again all was back to normal. Very strange. All other funtions, i.e. outside temp guage, MID, etc was fine.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:26 PM
6th Gear

Are you sure your phone is compatible with HFL? I have had a number of weird problems with my phone (won't hang up, mysteriously starts to connect then disconnects, calling waiting fails, etc.) and despite the fact that most functionality works, it's not officially supported. There's a list of supported phones at acure.com/handsfreelink

Good luck.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:31 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sparticus
Are you sure your phone is compatible with HFL? I have had a number of weird problems with my phone (won't hang up, mysteriously starts to connect then disconnects, calling waiting fails, etc.) and despite the fact that most functionality works, it's not officially supported. There's a list of supported phones at acure.com/handsfreelink

Good luck.
Yes the phone is supported it is a treo 650, but it does this even with no phone in the car... (or around the car)
Old 03-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kevin922
I've started having a problem with my HFL where sometimes when I start the car it will not respond. THe phone that normally auto-pairs is not pairing and when you hit the HFL buttons no beeping occurs.

A restart of the car does not fix this, the car has not been sitting for any extended period of time (i.e. it is a daily driver). I am in the DC area and don't know if this is attributed to the cold weather or not.

Is this the fuse issue i've read about? I was going to have the dealer look at it during my next oil change but the problem is not reproduceable - it is a random occurance. VERY annoying.

This morning it didn't pair but did beep when I hit the HFL button, it quickly displays "phone" on the nav (in the upper left corner, with the volume on the right corner) and then goes back to the radio (less than 1 second)

Any ideas ?
There have been lot of HFL failures. . Mine failed last week. Simply go in and have it replaced under warrantee! Hopefully, you still are under warantee! It's a known problem these HFL failures. . .
Old 03-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Instructor

My understading was the Bluetooth idea was pretty much a universal connection. With that being said why do are we forced to buy "compatible" phones. I have the LG "the V" and the steering wheel controls wont hang the phone up. I also have to issues when I call out.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
My phone will occasionally freeze(ie the main screen when it is flipped open has a moving pattern on it, when it "freezes" the pattern is gone and only the blue background is left). When it does this the phone will still work but the HFL will not detect the phone. I have to pop the phones battery out, put it back, turn on the phone on, then the HFL will pair.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vandido626
My understading was the Bluetooth idea was pretty much a universal connection. With that being said why do are we forced to buy "compatible" phones. I have the LG "the V" and the steering wheel controls wont hang the phone up. I also have to issues when I call out.
From my understanding the phones themselves have to support the Handsfree Profile. I have a SE P910i that I got to pair and worked only once. I have since switched to the Nokia 9300 Communicator and everythng seems to work now.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kevin922
Yes the phone is supported it is a treo 650, but it does this even with no phone in the car... (or around the car)
kevin922,

Who is your carrier? Also make sure that you have the latest update from your carrier for the treo. If you have the unlocked GSM 650 update with the 1.20 update from palm.

I have the unlocked GSM 650 with the latest updates from palm and the phone works great. Signal Strength, Caller ID are displayed, battery meter is not displayed.. and no issues with outgoing or incoming calls.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Only the Sprint, Cingular, and unlocked GSM work well with the latest version of firmware (this is key). The Verizon 650 still doesn't work very well as they seem to not want to push out the latest bluetooth compatibility the others have (maybe they want to sell the 700w instead).

You need to tell us which carrier you have and what is your firmware version.