Installation Help for Blitzsafe DMX v.2x Aux Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 12:32 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installation Help for Blitzsafe DMX v.2x Aux Adapter

I am new to this forum and have dove right in trying to install the HON/AUX DMX v.2x in my 2005 TL (no NAV, has XM). I have removed all of the neccessary trim parts to access the cables at the rear of the unit. It is very tight behind there and I am having no luck pulling the DIN connector. I can't get very good leverage and am leary of prying it out. Any suggestions on removing the center DIN connector? I can not tell if it has any sort of locking tab.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 08-04-2006, 03:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
This was pulled from the USA Spec thread, but I think it might help you pull out the factory plug (courtesy of Crook):

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=93

There is a locking tab as seen in the pictures. Good luck!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Either that, or there are only 4 screws holding the actual navi/player screen in. Remove the top vent area by gently prying upwards, then unscrew the 4 screws and you will have more room for your hands underneath. You don't have to unplug everything behind there either, just propt the unit on the shifter knob. You'll also need to take the unit out if you want to position the Blitzsafe in behind the dash. There is an area to left that it fits perfectly in. Good luck
Old 08-10-2006, 03:07 AM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
i am about to attempt to install the blitzsafe adapter. what vent is it that you can pry up to get to the 4 screws? err where exactly are the 4 screws i need to take out? i've looked at the install where you take the entire front dash apart and i'm trying to avoid that.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:49 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You won't need to remove the front dash/vent area. Some people have been able to do it with just removing the black panel under the steering wheel. I removed the left silver trim, driver's side panel, and pulled back a bit of carpet to get back there.

I know the pictures don't show the actual steps, but you should get an idea of what was removed to be able to plug it in (easily) from here: https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...8&postcount=62 (Pictures #6 and #7)
Old 08-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wasupdog
i am about to attempt to install the blitzsafe adapter. what vent is it that you can pry up to get to the 4 screws? err where exactly are the 4 screws i need to take out? i've looked at the install where you take the entire front dash apart and i'm trying to avoid that.
I'll tell you though. If you have large hands, your not going to be able to get back in there without taking the console apart. Its not hard to take it apart, and you'll gain great insight if you ever want to do future modification. Look at the DIY's on removing the console.............takes 2-3hrs max even if its your first time. Hell I had to take it one step further and remove the screen, cause I'm anal and I wanted the units box to fit in there perfectly.