I want to burn an mp3 what dvd format do i use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 08:23 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to burn an mp3 what dvd format do i use?

please let me know
Old 08-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
i dont think you can play dvd-rs in the TL ... i tried to burn a dvd as a data disk and it didnt work for me ...

if its possible i hope someone else chimes in and enlightens me
Old 08-28-2010, 11:46 PM
2007 Acura TL

Originally Posted by VQPower37
i dont think you can play dvd-rs in the TL ... i tried to burn a dvd as a data disk and it didnt work for me ...

if its possible i hope someone else chimes in and enlightens me
Indeed you cannot burn mp3s onto DVDs for the 07 and 08s that support mp3 playback. You either need to convert the mp3s to a supported format and put them on DVDs, or burn them onto CDs.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:33 AM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
Search around on this site for "adobeman + DVDA"
He made a software that can convert mp3s and wavs into the DVDA format.

I use it and can fit up to 99 songs on a dvd,and we have a 6 disc changer. Do some math and you get the picture.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes Adobeman is the way to go.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Intermediate

Ulead DVD Movie Factory 6 will burn DVD-Audio Discs.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Intermediate

i used ulead movie factory 6 and it works great with a dvd-r but is there anyway to sort the tracks into different groups? i've tried searching through the program as well as on the internet and cant seem to find the answer. thanks
Old 09-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
Search around on this site for "adobeman + DVDA"
He made a software that can convert mp3s and wavs into the DVDA format.

I use it and can fit up to 99 songs on a dvd,and we have a 6 disc changer. Do some math and you get the picture.
You can fit more than 99 tracks on a DVD if you divide them into groups. Example: I have a DVD-A containing the Beatles' first 10 albums, divided up as follows. This represents 11 CDs due to the White Album being a double-set, so setting it up on a DVD-A is a huge advantage with the six-disc changer.

Group 1: Please Please Me, With the Beatles, A Hard Day's Night, Beatles for Sale (total 55 tracks)

Group 2: Help!, Rubber Soul, and Revolver (total 42 tracks)

Group 3: Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour (total 24 tracks)

Group 4: The White Album (30 tracks)

Group 5 contains the single "Hey Jude" (that's all that would fit based on disc capacity)

That's a total of 152 tracks.

To switch between groups on a DVD-A, hold down "SCAN" and "RPT" until you hear the beep. For some reason Acura neglected to include this info in the manual.

Edited to add: I use Adobeman's software to create the DVD-A structure. You just click the group tabs and drag what you want into each one.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by 1995hoo
You can fit more than 99 tracks on a DVD if you divide them into groups. Example: I have a DVD-A containing the Beatles' first 10 albums, divided up as follows. This represents 11 CDs due to the White Album being a double-set, so setting it up on a DVD-A is a huge advantage with the six-disc changer.

Group 1: Please Please Me, With the Beatles, A Hard Day's Night, Beatles for Sale (total 55 tracks)

Group 5 contains the single "Hey Jude" (that's all that would fit based on disc capacity)

To switch between groups on a DVD-A, hold down "SCAN" and "RPT" until you hear the beep. For some reason Acura neglected to include this info in the manual.

Edited to add: I use Adobeman's software to create the DVD-A structure. You just click the group tabs and drag what you want into each one.
Thanks for the info as I was wondering if we could put different groups on DVD-A. How is the sound quality on a DVD disk?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Banned

you can do this also with regular cd r... i make plenty of cds on my itunes account that are mp3 and have multiple albums on 1 disc separated by album name...way more than 100 tracks can fit on one cd...try just under 300
Old 09-07-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by vp55
Thanks for the info as I was wondering if we could put different groups on DVD-A. How is the sound quality on a DVD disk?
It depends on the source material. Obviously, a DVD you burn yourself won't sound the same as a commercially-produced high-rez multichannel recording (the Beatles' Love would be a good example of one of those). A DVD-A you burn from .WAV files you ripped directly from the original CDs (which is what I did for the Beatles disc I mentioned above—I took all the CDs from the boxed set The Beatles in Mono, ripped them to .WAV using CDex, then used Adobeman's software to create the DVD-A structure) can sound very good, virtually indistinguishable from the original CD.

A DVD-A you create from lossy-compressed .MP3 files converted to .WAV won't sound nearly as good, of course. But in some instances that's not necessarily a problem—for example, if you're into what is still known as tape trading (i.e., trading concert bootlegs), you're going to get .MP3 concerts at some point, and I figure that in that situation the .MP3s (and the .WAVs derived from them) are better than having no bootleg at all, right? And of course the quality of the original recording is crucial no matter the format in which your project originates.

Regarding the point made by "Mr3lite," not all 3G TLs can play .MP3-encoded CDs. The DVD-A is a more universal solution for 3G TL owners for that reason.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
^Great thanks for the info.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm using Cirlinca DVD-Audio Solo to create my DVD-A and they always works. If you really want to use the TL surround system, try to find albums with .FLAC encoded in 5.1

Good luck!!!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:25 PM
10th Gear

THanx for all the post.....cirlanca dvd-audio solo works really great.........so easy to use......pick songs and burn it......now i can fit 132 songs in one slot...sweet...thanx again...
Old 10-06-2010, 02:50 AM
Cruisin'

i drive an 05 with nav. can i play mp3's?
Old 10-06-2010, 07:39 AM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
No you cannot.
But you can play DVDA's.

This thread shows the basic out line on how to burn the DVDA's. Read these threads, it'll show you what programs to download, and step by step instructions on how to burn them:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/graphical-user-interface-gui-project-free-dvd-592879/
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/project-free-dvd-yet-another-dvd-creation-thread-578683/
Old 10-06-2010, 09:09 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts

Don't forget the "bad news":

- At the end of a Group, the car system will NOT go to the next group automatically, it will go to a new disc.

- There are NO tags, titles, etc to display. Anywhere. None. IOW - if you want to listen to "A Day In The Life", you have to know which group it's in and what track number it is.

IMHO, DVD-A is not a great format for storing "as much music as possible". It's F'kn impossible to effectively navigate. But it is great for a couple of High Quality 5.1 Albums (home made or store bought), or compilations of 100+ songs that you put on "random".
Old 10-06-2010, 09:10 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by juriza07_T-La
i drive an 05 with nav. can i play mp3's?
Originally Posted by justnspace
No you cannot.
But you can play DVDA's.

This thread shows the basic out line on how to burn the DVDA's. Read these threads, it'll show you what programs to download, and step by step instructions on how to burn them:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592879
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578683

Convert ypour MP3's to DVD-A - follow the links above. But keep in mind the notes I just left in the previous post.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:09 AM
2nd Gear

I Think you have a dvd player that plays only dvd audio so no mp3 wma on data you have to find a dvd audio software to create you own DVD to listend music from a dvd in your tl,
Old 10-06-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Don't forget the "bad news":

- At the end of a Group, the car system will NOT go to the next group automatically, it will go to a new disc.

- There are NO tags, titles, etc to display. Anywhere. None. IOW - if you want to listen to "A Day In The Life", you have to know which group it's in and what track number it is.

Both of these points are true, although to me they're no big deal for two reasons:

(a) I usually know when I've reached the end of the group, so I just hit the buttons. I don't burn stuff onto DVD-A until I know I like it enough to want to go to the trouble of burning it, so that means I know the music pretty well by the time I do it. Of course I recognize this may not be true for everyone.

(b) Not having titles, tags, etc., is no different from the way it is on a CD. The only real nuisance is having a LOT more tracks to dig through to find a particular track.

Someone on this forum, I forget who it was, came up with a solution to the "end of group" problem that makes a good bit of sense. He appends the Beatles track "Her Majesty" (last track on Abbey Road, preceded by about 20 seconds' silence) to the end of every group. When he hears it, it's a reminder to skip to the next group (I'd think the 20 seconds' silence alone would do that, of course). It's essentially a stop-gap reminder that you've reached the end of the group. I haven't done this because a lot of my DVD-A burning has been of concert bootlegs and it's pretty easy to tell when you've reached the end of a concert!

I guess what it really boils down to is that it's not a perfect way to do things by any stretch of the imagination, but if I can transport one DVD-A that holds the full contents of 11 "Red Book" CDs, I'll gladly put up with the nuisance of disc navigation in order to free up five slots in the CD changer and substantial space in the glovebox or the shelf below the stereo, you know?
Old 10-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone on this forum, I forget who it was, came up with a solution to the "end of group" problem that makes a good bit of sense. He appends the Beatles track "Her Majesty" (last track on Abbey Road, preceded by about 20 seconds' silence) to the end of every group. When he hears it, it's a reminder to skip to the next group (I'd think the 20 seconds' silence alone would do that, of course). It's essentially a stop-gap reminder that you've reached the end of the group.
Hey, that was me! Glad to see someone thought this was a good idea. Maybe it was my ripper settings, but I don't have the silence in front of the song. You can hear it immediately and the song length is 23 seconds; enough time to hit the SCAN and RPT buttons.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by darcar
Hey, that was me! Glad to see someone thought this was a good idea. Maybe it was my ripper settings, but I don't have the silence in front of the song. You can hear it immediately and the song length is 23 seconds; enough time to hit the SCAN and RPT buttons.
I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know whether the silence would burn if I tried it, but I may start using that method when I burn albums I don't know as well (i.e., where I might not realize that a given track is the final song). I really like the suggestion of doing something like that. The Sgt. Pepper run-out groove might be another means of doing this sort of thing.