I think my car was hacked

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 07:56 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think my car was hacked

Recently, I used the hands free/bluetooth feature of my '07 TL. There was a teleconference I wanted to listen in on so I started it up on my work iphone and listened while I was driving. It lasted about 30 minutes. About a day later, I started noticing some of my setting were changed. All the presets on the radio were changed to a different station. Even the XM presets were different. Other settings were changed. The doors were programmed to lock after the car exceeds 5mph. Now they lock when I shift out of park. The beep to confirm all doors are locked, truck & hood is closed, is now silent. It is like someone sneaked into my car and changed a bunch of stuff. I'm the only driver of this car. It's always parked in the garage. It seems far fetched, but the only explanation I can think of is my settings got altered via cell phone through the bluetooth. Anyone else experience similar event with their Acura?
Old 06-20-2018, 08:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
I've experienced this as well, maybe a handful of times on both my TLs. I haven't experienced the settings being changed for auto lock and beep confirmation though. However, radio pre-sets I definitely have experienced.
I don't have a definite answer as to why this happens, but one thing I do know is if the secondary key is used to unlock the vehicle, it will change the settings for seating, and radio pre-sets for what's programmed to that key.
One way to return the vehicle back to your preferred settings is: if the second key was used to unlock the car, use it to lock the car. Then use your usual key fob to unlock it and continue as you would.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:23 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You may be on to something. When I unlock my car, the display in the instrument cluster says 'Welcome Driver 2'. I switched to my other fob because I dropped #2 fob & broke the pin that holds the key bail.
I thought only the seat position was saved for the associated keyless remote. Maybe the keyless settings also saves the radio presets for each fob. Is that in the manual? I have the manual but I don't remember reading about that feature. I found out via Youtube I can raise & lower all the windows with my key in the door.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:03 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Fear not, each memory key saves their own radio presets, and settings
Old 06-23-2018, 02:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
Dunno if.its in the manual or not, but your cars not hacked. Also, to lower the windows you can press unlock twice. Holding it down on the second unlock will open all windows and sunroof until you let it go. To raise, you do have to insert the key unless you get tlan aftermarket module