I-058:Just installed Peripheral Electronics (iSimple)IPOD adapter:review/install tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 12:29 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, not sure what I've done here...In Aux1 mode, the iPod plays all music fine and I can control through the iPod. Up until about two weeks ago I could also change tracks through the steering wheel. Now pressing the change track button on the steering wheel does nothing. I'm confused...
Old 12-15-2009, 08:53 AM
7th Gear

Also, to add to my previous post, when I try to go into iPod mode instead of Aux, it says No iPod connected.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts
iSimple volume lower than using cassete adapter?

i know from this thread that i am not the only person who has to crank up the volume when using the iSimple. Does any one know why this happens and how i can fix it?
Old 12-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I probably turn the volume up maybe 5 notches higher than what I listen to CDs at. When listening to my iPod, I usually have it at 22 and for CDs probably at 17. I have replaced all my front speakers so maybe that makes for a small difference. I also have the 5v cable that allows for charging of the iPhone 3G. Not sure if that could make a difference too.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts
what if the volume is losing power because the cable is charging the ipod? i dont like the fact that it is always charging my ipod anyways i wish it would just turn off when i turn my car off. its also not good for the battery when its always charging
Old 12-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 167 Likes on 140 Posts
does anyone have steps on updating this device?
Do I need to leave wires connected and vehicle in acc mode in order to update the firmware?
I read and couldnt find anything explaining the procedure.

thanks
Old 12-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

To update the firmware: http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/firmware/
Old 12-24-2009, 07:00 PM
rollin fattys in

i jus got the isimple kit for my TL and i cant seem to play music on my 3gs well i dont have music on the fone but i have youtube and etc why wont it play? i have it connected and on aux when i pressed the xm button i have updated the firmware too is this how it is for everyone?
Old 12-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
I got one of these last week and tried to install it yesterday in my 04 TL (non-Navi). Everything was going pretty well, only broke a couple of clips on the bottom cover of my dashboard. I wired the PXAMG in and everything worked.

Then I went to button it all up, and then it didn't work. After some playing around I found that pressing on the wires going to the radio connector caused the iPod to connect/disconnect.

So..... took it out, and will be in contact with PAC-Audio to see if I can get a non-defective harness.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Team Owner

Update: Amazon FTW. Filled out a return request for the defective harness, had a replacement next day. I installed it this morning and it works like a charm.

I wrapped the PXAMG in foam and tucked it in next to the storage compartments in the side of the console. The only thing I am suspicious of with the design now is the use of the DIN connectors for the connection to the iPod -- they don't seat nearly as firmly as the rest of the connections. I strain relieved the cable to the iPod DIN connector by taping it to the side of the air duct running along the bottom of the console on the driver's side.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:54 AM
I've been Canonized ;)

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Help!!!!!

Installed mine last week. Was able to listen to songs and scroll through with steering wheel controls. turned car off and went inside. About 2 hrs. later needed to go to the store and now nothing...at all! The XM button does nothing. The steering wheel mode button skips XM altogether. Emailed iSimple and no response. Any ideas for solutions I could do to fix this?
Old 01-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Advanced

Try disconnecting it from the car and let it sit for about 10 minutes, then install everything back together and let the car run for 3-5 min without the radio on.

Worked for me, so hopefully this reset procedure will help ya out too!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JGrex1
4. BUT, I noticed the iPod doesn't turn off with the car. When you turn the car off, the iPod stays "charging" even though the car is off. Does this mean I have to manually turn it off every time I leave my car? I want seamless integration with the car and this doesn't seem to be a good sign...
noticed this talked about a couple of times. but no one responds. does this not bother anyone? mine just stays charged. is it not drawing power from the battery? so everytime i get out of my car i have to open my arm rest and unplug my ipod?
Old 01-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by badteddy
noticed this talked about a couple of times. but no one responds. does this not bother anyone? mine just stays charged. is it not drawing power from the battery? so everytime i get out of my car i have to open my arm rest and unplug my ipod?
It's by intent, not a defect.

If charging an iPod puts your car at risk of draining your battery, you need a new battery.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by badteddy
Yeah I noticed the same thing..after you shutoff the car, the ipod is still charging. I use to leave my ipod in there all the time until the day I noticed that.

Also, I recently had my battery replaced at Acura and they told me that there was no draw in power in their test that they do. This was with the isimple installed but without the ipod connected to it.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:02 PM
TL

Got mine installed tonight. Used the simple install method... The importance of having a properly bent tool is very high! At first I got really frustrated after trying for quite some time to get that stupid plug out of the radio and then I rebent the tip of the screwdriver and 5 minutes later everything was connected and I was testing away.

I used a bit of stick on felt on the harness plug to prevent rattles, covered the harness wires with some loom and velcro'd (industrial strength) the unit to the cover right under the dash that sits over your legs. Ran the wire between the carpet and the center console and up inside the armrest (had to undo the screws in the armrest bottom). Totally stealth install and no worrying about my foot hitting it or anything like that.

My only gripe is one that has been echo'd quite a bit and that is that the ipod will charge when the car is off. I know the draw is very small but it still bothers me.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:03 AM
10th Gear

I received the iSimple for Christmas, 2009 and had it installed the day after Christmas. However, luckily, I was able to talk with an Acura Technician. Why? I opted to remove the driver-side kick-panel (not sure what else to call it) that protects the left-side of the center console area and up to the head unit. There was an attempt at getting to the "white XM plug" without removing the panel, but that was for the birds!

With the help of an Acura Technician and his Tools, I successfully popped off the driver-side metallic-strip and plastic panel under under the steering wheel housing which revealed a few screws that keeps the driver-side kick-panel secure. Upon removal, the "white XM plug" is in plain sight and easily accessible. Success! Before buttoning up the baby, I plugged in my Firmware updated iSimple device and powered on the car.

The device fired up as described, providing options for SAT, AUX1, AUX2 and IPOD. Using the Tuning knob, I scrolled the selection to IPOD to see/hear the results.

Amazing! Yes, the previous discussions of requiring volume levels being between 20-25 are accurate which is/should not be a big deal. The sound is amazing. The controls are fantastic but do require a bit of patience in familiarizing with how it all works. Getting the playlist, album or song of choice. I typically and selecting a playlist and ensuring RNDM SNG is selected using the "2" button. My second option is typically selecting a Track and ensuring RNDM SNG is selected. Using the steering wheel controls, I can randomly cycle through the songs for a wonderful, integrated experience.

Temporary Con:

A few days following the install and each drive out to the market of listening to my iPod, I noticed that in the mornings (after sitting overnight in the Garage), when turning on the audio (radio, disc, XM, etc.) no response is received by the entire unit. Nothing! Zilch! Nada!

Only after 3+ minutes or after several (many) attempts at powering on the audio does the head unit respond. Once audio is on, all works flawlessly.

Resolution:

Unknown at this time. I have read in an earlier post that I should disconnect the iSimple unit and wait 10+ minutes before plugging it back in. Then, I assume run it with the iPOD option selected for a constant 5+ minutes.

I have not done the full 10+ minutes but being a technology geek, I am not sure what that might do other than perhaps drains a capacitor or something of that nature resulting in some sort of reset.

I am hoping a firmware update is released that possibly addresses this power-on delay that I am now experiencing. Thankfully, I consider myself a patient man. This allows me to know that after 3+ minutes, I can power-on and enjoy my iPod in my previously iPod deprived beauty.

If anyone has a similar experience with the power-on delay, I would love to read your experience and resolution if one exists.

Who does not love their Acura TL!?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:21 PM
10th Gear

Update to audio on delay:

Thursday evening, before bed, I unplugged the iSimple device. This is of course, more than the reported 10 minutes so figured the ten minutes would be a minimum. Friday morning, I prepare to head out for my morning commute. I plug the iSimple device back into the harness, plug in my iPod (it begins to charge) and I turn the car on.

Not known if required, I did wait until the Navigation screen was up (following the OK disclaimer BS). I pressed the power button and walla! The "radio" powered on, I selected XM-1 and scrolled to the IPOD option and walla! Excellent sound for the drive into work.

Returned to the car for a quick jaunt out with co-workers for lunch, plugged in the iPod and powered on the "radio", again powered on without delay. Fantastic!!

Returned to the car for the drive home, plugged in the iPod and powered on the "radio", again powered on without delay. Fantastic!

Later that evening, the wife and I headed out to run some evening errands. I plugged in the iPod and powered on the "radio," no luck! Back to a significant delay. However, this occurrence proved even more difficult as the iPod was not registered as connected once the "radio" powered on. Upon arriving at our destination, I unplugged the iPod and the iSimple device. Returning to the car (more than 10 minutes later), I plugged in the iSimple device, the iPod and turned on the car. I powered on the "radio" and instant on, no delay. However, still no iPod connected. Arrived at the second stop, I stayed in the car as the wife stepped into the store. I unplugged the iPod and hard reset the iPod (held Menu+Select for a few seconds). Once the iPod rebooted, i plugged in the iPod and powered on the "radio." Instant on, no delay and now the iPod is connected listening to great music.

i will continue to post results of this very interesting delayed power on. I have not attempted this morning as I slept in and now am watching the Jets and Bengals game.

Oh, and here are two pictures displaying the results of my install. Similar to most. Enjoy!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Need help in Md

Anyone in Maryland done this install that would be willing to help a brother out??

tx,
Old 01-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

I have read through this thread a few times but can not remember if anyone successfully installed this in an 07-08 TL-S. It would not work for me. I followed the instructions exactly and even returned the cable for a new one. Still couldn't get it to work. And yes I recieved the updated cable for TL-S with nav traffic. This item is pretty much plug and pray but it would work for me. Just wondering if this is common or I got a bad unit twice. Nice quality control. So I am sending this junk back and hopefully getting a refund. What are my other options on connecting an Iphone 3GS?
Old 01-16-2010, 07:11 AM
1st Gear

I got mine installed last week. I was able to use the simple method, so I didn't need to remove trim or panels. I used a paint can opener tool to push down on the plastic tab while removing the plug. It definitely took some time and patience but it wasn't that bad. I used a bent coat hanger to guide the new plug into socket. Thanks to everyone for the great information in this thread. It seems to be working very well so far.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:55 AM
Advanced

after the last firmware update. i notice after maybe 3-5 mins of playing a song the unit now freezes? is my module already defective? i thought there was a post about this but i havent found it yet.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Volvo Defector

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Hey guys.. I've read through most of the 9 pages for this thread and have seen some conflicting statements regarding the placement of this unit and the actual vehicles with options. For ex. 04-06 non navi can install by the dash, Type S must be installed in the trunk, etc.

Just to clarify. I have an 07 TL/w Nav and I use XM/Nav Traffic.

1) Where am I supposed to install this module for my vehicle, dash or trunk?

2) what functionality do I gain/lose because of my setup?

3) Do I need any additional modules/addons to get any lost functions back?

4) Also, does anyone know if I update my navigation to the latest version, 4.81, if it'll affect the stock radio or this unit in any way?

Thanks.

Last edited by reddogTL; 01-24-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 PM
4th Gear

2007-2008 models have an aux port already installed. all u need is a cord from bestbuy, radioshack, etc... that has the 3.5mm connector on each end. connect 1 end to ur ipod/iphone and the other end obviously to the port wherever it is in the car (idk i drive a 2004). but should be pretty simple and a lot cheaper, doesnt charge ur ipod/iphone tho if thats a drawback.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Advanced

Just installed the PXAMG tonight in a 2005 TL no navigation. Install went very smooth and so far seems to be a great product. As far as the method of doing this without taking the center apart, just couldn't do it. I opted for taking the drivers side center console apart, carefully. Once I got all the parts off and could see the XM plug, to my dismay there is a HUGE piece of METAL covering right where you would love to just pull the plug. I couldn't get it out of there to save my life, ended up having the wife unplug it, my hands just wouldn't fit back there. Not really sure what firmware I have on it, I am sure it is .36 but I don't know what version. Everything is working wonderfully so I didn't update it. With my luck I would go to 'fix' it by updating the firmware and end up breaking the whole set up. Installed with super adhesive velcro under the driver's side above the pedals as the other users have shown in this thread. Its 12 degrees here in Omaha right now and I somehow managed to do the whole install without breaking a single clip or part. I was shocked. Drove around for a bit, played with all the controls, everything works great! Thanks for all the tips everyone. Now to find some more music for the iPod...
Old 01-30-2010, 10:41 AM
3rd Gear

USA Spec PA15-ACUxl

USA Spec PA15-ACUxl... works great with Nav Traffic and Factory XM, Nav. Only downfall is a sometimes slow(er) refreshing of XM song data (i.e. text)
Old 01-30-2010, 12:29 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by reddogtl
hey guys.. I've read through most of the 9 pages for this thread and have seen some conflicting statements regarding the placement of this unit and the actual vehicles with options. For ex. 04-06 non navi can install by the dash, type s must be installed in the trunk, etc.

Just to clarify. I have an 07 tl/w nav and i use xm/nav traffic.

1) where am i supposed to install this module for my vehicle, dash or trunk?
in the trunk with the nav traffic, but you must run a cable to the front for the ipod unless you want it in the trunk.
2) what functionality do i gain/lose because of my setup?
you don't lose any functionality, just gain the ability to charge, and control your ipod with the factory stereo.
3) do i need any additional modules/addons to get any lost functions back?

4) also, does anyone know if i update my navigation to the latest version, 4.81, if it'll affect the stock radio or this unit in any way?
i'm at 4.81, and everything works fine.
thanks.
b
Old 02-06-2010, 07:18 PM
10th Gear

I too tried the simple install and went to home depot to buy a few tools with flat heads that were bent at 30 degrees and 90 degrees but had no luck. You guys can try though. There are a few different tools already bent at home depot. The button to push down to remove the cable was so small that I just ended up removing the panels carefully.

I've got an '05 TL non-navi and I think all the third generation TL's have an opening from the left side to the right side. So I ended up being able to place the brain on the passenger side. I didn't want to risk putting the brain near my gas pedal, brake pedal, or clutch. If you pull the carpet down on the passenger side, left knee area near the stereo and shine a flashlight through to the driver side (have someone help you out), you should be able to see the light and can slowly push the cable through from the driver side to the passenger side. There should be plenty of slack for it. I used velcro to put the brain under the leather compartment to hide it (there's a little opening at the left side below the leather compartment that isn't visible) and hid the wiring under my floor mat and put the ipod under my seat. I can't decide whether or not I want to be drilling into my car to get the ipod into another place.

Anyways, thanks everyone for posting ideas and hints. This isimple is awesome and works so well. I'm really glad I got this.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mynsbbg
Update to audio on delay:

Thursday evening, before bed, I unplugged the iSimple device. This is of course, more than the reported 10 minutes so figured the ten minutes would be a minimum. Friday morning, I prepare to head out for my morning commute. I plug the iSimple device back into the harness, plug in my iPod (it begins to charge) and I turn the car on.

Not known if required, I did wait until the Navigation screen was up (following the OK disclaimer BS). I pressed the power button and walla! The "radio" powered on, I selected XM-1 and scrolled to the IPOD option and walla! Excellent sound for the drive into work.

Returned to the car for a quick jaunt out with co-workers for lunch, plugged in the iPod and powered on the "radio", again powered on without delay. Fantastic!!

Returned to the car for the drive home, plugged in the iPod and powered on the "radio", again powered on without delay. Fantastic!

Later that evening, the wife and I headed out to run some evening errands. I plugged in the iPod and powered on the "radio," no luck! Back to a significant delay. However, this occurrence proved even more difficult as the iPod was not registered as connected once the "radio" powered on. Upon arriving at our destination, I unplugged the iPod and the iSimple device. Returning to the car (more than 10 minutes later), I plugged in the iSimple device, the iPod and turned on the car. I powered on the "radio" and instant on, no delay. However, still no iPod connected. Arrived at the second stop, I stayed in the car as the wife stepped into the store. I unplugged the iPod and hard reset the iPod (held Menu+Select for a few seconds). Once the iPod rebooted, i plugged in the iPod and powered on the "radio." Instant on, no delay and now the iPod is connected listening to great music.

i will continue to post results of this very interesting delayed power on. I have not attempted this morning as I slept in and now am watching the Jets and Bengals game.

Oh, and here are two pictures displaying the results of my install. Similar to most. Enjoy!

Just curious, are you running the latest firmware .36E?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:40 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by borgit
Just curious, are you running the latest firmware .36E?
I believe the latest firmware is .37E
http://www.pac-audio.com/firmware/iS...ondaacura.html

Yes, I have dealt with it to date. Lately, however, I have noticed that if I press the power own knob three times in a row, one after the other, followed by a fourth press, the radio powers on. I know, sounds corny. I have to say, some mornings turning on the radio can feel like I am Fonzie, from Happy Days! You know, the knocking of the jukebox and walla, music!

I have not taken my troubleshooting to iSimple (pac-audio) as of yet. Frankly, there is a second bug that I am working past. That is the "Category" inconsistently displaying "IPOD." It would seem after I refresh the firmware is the only time I see "IPOD." A few power-ons later, I simply see "---"

I am curious if there are other 04 TL Navi's out there with this device running .37e and experiencing similar characteristics.

Certainly not show stoppers, but nonetheless, something to put into the revisions list for .37f?

Last edited by mynsbbg; 02-08-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Looks like they have gotten rid of the vehicle-specific firmware and have now released a .38 version.

http://www.pac-audio.com/firmware/iS...lvehicles.html

After months of problems with the Honda/Acura specific firmware, I finally tried the old generic .36 firmware several months ago and it has been working well since then. I probably will not upgrade at this time.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,012 Likes on 14,516 Posts
I had also upgraded to .38 or .37C or something and did NOT like the results of that. It made surfing much more challenging. I have NOT been able to figure out this XM bug though...with ALL softwares and even having replaced the unit under warranty. If I-simple is plugged in, my XM doesn't doesn't repsond, has delays and seems to have a mind of it's own. ENough to keep me from resubscribing. I'd rather have Ipod capabilities anyway.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by mynsbbg
I believe the latest firmware is .37E
http://www.pac-audio.com/firmware/iS...ondaacura.html
Or. there is firmware .36c from http://peripheralelectronics.com/firmware/index.asp

I have "downgraded" my box to .36c from the peripheralelectronics site. A quick 10 minute test and success.

My two complaints seem to have been resolved. 1. Lag in powering on radio 2. IPOD not displaying in Category field

So far so good....
Old 02-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Racer

Just a heads up for anyone else that might be having this issue -- I updated my iPhone to the latest 3.1.2 and was having issues with the iSimple constantly disconnecting/reconnecting when I tried to browse my iPhone. I updated the firmware to the latest .38 and everything seems to be working again.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by svtmike
Update: Amazon FTW. Filled out a return request for the defective harness, had a replacement next day. I installed it this morning and it works like a charm.

I wrapped the PXAMG in foam and tucked it in next to the storage compartments in the side of the console. The only thing I am suspicious of with the design now is the use of the DIN connectors for the connection to the iPod -- they don't seat nearly as firmly as the rest of the connections. I strain relieved the cable to the iPod DIN connector by taping it to the side of the air duct running along the bottom of the console on the driver's side.
I have had no luck with the isimple I bought from Gig Harbor Auto Works. The product is defective and the seller will not give me a refund. I got screwed out of 150 bucks. Guess I should have bought from a more legit vendor like amazon.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by BigJack75
I have had no luck with the isimple I bought from Gig Harbor Auto Works. The product is defective and the seller will not give me a refund. I got screwed out of 150 bucks. Guess I should have bought from a more legit vendor like amazon.
Absolutely false. Good old BigJack could not install this correctly although hundreds of AZ members have with the same resources. He suspected faulty parts so he was sent new parts. Still couldn't install it correctly. The man asked to return it for a refund. I says "no problem" as I've taken back many things. Even beyond the return policy time period. I receive the man's box with no paper work, no packaging and missing half the parts. Not to mention that the PXAMG had been taken apart and the PGHHD2 was broken. Would you like to continue digging this hole?

Old 02-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
i am going to get the isimple installed tomorrow at best buy. Do they put the lastest firmware on it for me?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iSimple+...ustomerreviews
Old 02-14-2010, 03:48 AM
Intermediate

I just spent a good part of my day trying to get the harness out, but to no success. The first few hours I found out I was trying to unplug the wrong thing. It was bittersweet because the harness I was trying to unplug was much easily accessed than the XM harness. I gave up since I couldn't find any tool that had a right angle for me to push down on the top.

Then at night I tried to take off the center console. I got far enough to pulling off the cover for below the steering wheel, but could not continue after trying to pry off the right panel. I put a good amount of force into trying to remove it, but it just seemed like something was keeping it from coming off (the top side closest to the Navi screen). It was getting too late so I decided to pop everything back in and think about what to do next.

I'm going to look for something angled at work, and try the quick install method again. If it doesn't work, I guess I will be heading to Best Buy 'cause this is becoming a headache for me... I just need to find the perfect tool to save myself that 50 bucks from going to BB... Good luck to everyone else trying to install the iSimple.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:31 AM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by marzxbarz
I just spent a good part of my day trying to get the harness out, but to no success. The first few hours I found out I was trying to unplug the wrong thing. It was bittersweet because the harness I was trying to unplug was much easily accessed than the XM harness. I gave up since I couldn't find any tool that had a right angle for me to push down on the top.

Then at night I tried to take off the center console. I got far enough to pulling off the cover for below the steering wheel, but could not continue after trying to pry off the right panel. I put a good amount of force into trying to remove it, but it just seemed like something was keeping it from coming off (the top side closest to the Navi screen). It was getting too late so I decided to pop everything back in and think about what to do next.

I'm going to look for something angled at work, and try the quick install method again. If it doesn't work, I guess I will be heading to Best Buy 'cause this is becoming a headache for me... I just need to find the perfect tool to save myself that 50 bucks from going to BB... Good luck to everyone else trying to install the iSimple.
Don't forget that after you pull off the metal strip on the console (be careful not to bend it), there are 2 gold screws and I believe 2 black screws that hold the driver's side knee panel in place. Remove these, then pull the panel towards the driver's side and then toward you (not down). You will disengage the clips near the navi screen, then push the panel forward to disengage it from the back portion of the console (at the back of the panel, there are 2 tabs that slip behind the rear panel of the console. It requires a little force, but don't pull too hard as to distort the panel.

Once the panel is out, identify the 14 pin connector on the lower aspect of the back of the radio (driver's side), and unclip it. I used an angled screwdriver (metal bent to 90 degrees and has both phillips and regular heads on the same tool)- check this pic:

http://www.electronicplus.com/images/products/P340.jpg The angled screwdriver should be available at Home Depot or Lowes and is generally cheap.

to depress the clip on the connector (took a little time, but easily came out). I used the regular driver head to disengage the clip.

Last edited by erdoc48; 02-14-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Instructor

^^^^ True, the panel is held up by screws hidden by the aluminum trim. I didnt remove this for the iSimple install but I did to change the center console cupholder and saw them. once you take the aluminum trim of you will see the screws we are talking about.

good luck,

Rolan

Quick Reply: I-058:Just installed Peripheral Electronics (iSimple)IPOD adapter:review/install tips