How to retrieve voicemail with Razr v3

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:44 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to retrieve voicemail with Razr v3

I have searched the threads and still cannot find a way to retrieve the voicemails on my Razr v3 through the HFL. When I dial my complete cell phone number or the *86 number I always get that long ring tone.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
That's a great question! I have a Motorola V710 and can't figure out how to use the HFL to retrieve voicemail either.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Intermediate

Hi Guys,

Here is how I did it. I have ATT so when I press and hold #1 I go directly to voicemail. After you call the voicemail look in the recent dialed calls. In my case it gives me the number called for the voicemail. I got the number and then programmed it into the HFL. So now when I have voicemail I just tell the HFL "Voicemail" and go straight to it. I still have to use the phone to erase, skip or save messages.

If anyone else knows a better way please let me know.

By the way I also have the Razr as well as the L6.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
That sounds about right anasjutl. It should work for most, if not all, compatible phones.

You also have the ability to save your password with the number. Check out the 3G TL Audio & Electronics FAQ on how to use special characters and the "Send" command.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:16 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by datmrman
That sounds about right anasjutl. It should work for most, if not all, compatible phones.

You also have the ability to save your password with the number. Check out the 3G TL Audio & Electronics FAQ on how to use special characters and the "Send" command.
I have found it cumbersome to use the "Send" command on the hands free link. After using the HFL to dial my voicemail number, I use the keypad on my cell to enter my password, and delete messages.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry about that. I should have made myself more clear.

Instead of saving just the voicemail number in the phonebook, you can also append the password to the end of the saved number, ie 1231231234pp12345#. The p will cause the system to add a pause before the next input (two ps creates a longer pause). This, of course, depends on how your cell phone carrier handles voicemail passwords (if they even require it).

Here are two threads on this topic:
Old 07-16-2007, 07:25 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Pogo
I have searched the threads and still cannot find a way to retrieve the voicemails on my Razr v3 through the HFL. When I dial my complete cell phone number or the *86 number I always get that long ring tone.

Does anyone have any ideas?
On your cell phone, go to the main menu, then to messages, then to voicemail. Hit the call button to call your voice mail. After ending the call, go to the main menu again, and then go to recent calls, then to dialed calls. View the details of the last call you made to your voicemail. You should be able to find the phone number you need to dial.