HOMELINK: Cannot Program Community Access Gate

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
HOMELINK: Cannot Program Community Access Gate

I searched the threads, but none seem to help. I've also been to the Homelink web site, same problem.

I have cleared the memories per the manual. I have no trouble programming my garage door, works exactly per the instructions in the manual. However, the community access gates won't cooperate and it's a PITA because there's really no convenient place in the cabin of the 08 TL to hang this hideous F'ing remote. I refuse to clip it to the visor as I think that looks "ghetto"

Per the Homelink web site, the Homelink system in the 08 TL is supposedly compatible with our community gate controls (Linear brand, remote model MT-1B).

I checked with my community management assn., and they tell me it cannot be done, but I think that's lip service because they don't want to become involved.... "here's your remote, use this for access..." Both my Acura dealer & Homelink claim it can be done by following the procedure in the manual, but I've had zero luck. Even tried clearing the codes and programming the gate control first, but again no joy.

Is anyone successfully using their Homelink system to access a Linear brand gate control system?

Thanks!!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Perhaps this link will help:

http://www.linearcorp.com/technical_support.html

It has support phone numbers.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
the system probably has rolling codes where they change. There should be a learn button on the unit to program new remotes. Talk to the people who manage it and see if they can help you out, since people loose remotes all the time, I see why it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:02 PM
NBP+Wash=Full Time Job!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My complex has the Linear system gates. I have this controller...http://www.linearcorp.com/product_de...?productId=873
At first I thought it didn't work but then I relised that the range isn't to good so you have to be kind of close. But if you get too close it doesn't work either. I just hold the button down and it gets the gate when it is in range. Also the csmeance is right. This system uses rolling codes that change after you press the button. So make sure you program your homelink out of range of the gate and don't press it after its programmed. Then go to the gate and press it once. If it doesn't work then press it multiple times and it should find the code. Thats what I did with the system and it works great.

Hope this helps....good luck!

Last edited by tradz; 07-29-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:39 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by tradz
My complex has the Linear system gates. I have this controller...http://www.linearcorp.com/product_de...?productId=873
At first I thought it didn't work but then I relised that the range isn't to good so you have to be kind of close. But if you get too close it doesn't work either. I just hold the button down and it gets the gate when it is in range. Also the csmeance is right. This system uses rolling codes that change after you press the button. So make sure you program your homelink out of range of the gate and don't press it after its programmed. Then go to the gate and press it once. If it doesn't work then press it multiple times and it should find the code. Thats what I did with the system and it works great.

Hope this helps....good luck!
My experience went something like this as well. At first I thought it wouldn't work with my gate but after multiple attempts I finally got it to work. Also I remember not being able to clear 1 homelink button I always had to clear 2 or 3 or something weird. Its been awhile so I don't remember exactly but I know it works.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to revive such and old thread, but i'm having the same problem with my 07 tl and the same transmitter (Linear MT1B). Anyone have any more info on how to get this set up?