HFL: Problems accessing voicemail with Verizon Motorola V3c

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:49 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFL: Problems accessing voicemail with Verizon Motorola V3c

I have an '05 TL and have paired my Verizon Motorola V3c to HFL successfully. The problem I have is after calling my voicemail, when the prompt says to input your password, I send my password via HFL talk button and all I hear is a continuous tone. I then have to turn off and turn on my phone again to get it to work again.

I do not encounter any issues when inputting the password on my phone keypad. Problem only occurs when using HFL commands. Does anyone know if there is a way to access Verizon voicemail via HFL?

I heard it works if you store your password as a phonebook entry, but that doesn't seem to work for me.

I've tried contacting Acura HFL support and Verizon support. Acura says my phone might be defective (I don't think it is). Verizon said to contact Motorola. I'm going to try to call Motorola, but I have a feeling they won't have an answer.

I've seen posts with the same problem, but no solution. Sorry if I've missed something.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I have the same problem with my Verizon Motorola RAZR v3c.

I tried saving this phonebook entry into the HFL:

*86_1234# (*86 is the VM access number, the _ represents pause, 1234 represents the PIN), but it didn't work.

Seems like a bug in the current Verizon RAZR v3c firmware.

I don't recall having this problem with my previous phone, a T-Mobile Nokia 6600.

--

Another idea/possible solution: is there a way to disable the PIN security for checking Verizon Wireless voicemail from your own cell phone?

Jason
Old 01-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Umpire #27

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I have cingular service and I never have to enter a password or mailbox id/#. I have it programed in my phone in the #1 key and as "voicemail" on the HFL. So when I say call voicemail (or press and hold #1 speedial), it dials directly to my messages, (ie. "You have 2 new messages").

I know this might not help you but if you could set it up this way (without entering a pin/password #) , maybe that would help. Good luck and let us know how it goes because I am thinking about switching to Verizon and getting the Razr 3c
Old 01-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Umpire #27

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by salgiaco
I have cingular service and I never have to enter a password or mailbox id/#. I have it programed in my phone in the #1 key and as "voicemail" on the HFL. So when I say call voicemail (or press and hold #1 speedial), it dials directly to my messages, (ie. "You have 2 new messages").

I know this might not help you but if you could set it up this way (without entering a pin/password #) , maybe that would help. Good luck and let us know how it goes because I am thinking about switching to Verizon and getting the Razr 3c
Like Jason said, go to you security settings on your phone and erase/disable the PIN # feature to your voicemail. Then when you call your voice mail, it will go directly to your messages