HFL not work .NOT BEEP.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFL not work .NOT BEEP.

i just grap an 04 none Nevegation. when i press talk button the screen show phone and there is no beep. and it won't reconize any voice. then after like one minutes later the screen on the gauge says main and the screen on the radio say phone still. and it won't do any thing after than. i wander if anyone have the same experience..

thanks.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
did you pair the phone with the car yet? if not, there are detailed instructions in the manual, in case you do not have it, here is a link to the online ones: Also congrats on the TL
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...404MAINIDX.pdf
Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds the HFL system might be keeping the BUS active; if it's under warranty take it to a dealer.. if it's not, take it to a dealer and see if they will replace it under good will - or you can disconnect your battery for a minute or two and see if that releases the bus.

I just had this problem on Friday and my car is at the dealer getting it replaced now.

Also.. sorry to sound like a jackass, but it's Navigation, not Nevegation..

Edit:

.. or you don't have paired phones like CSM said =p
Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Timmahh

Also.. sorry to sound like a jackass, but it's Navigation, not Nevegation..

Edit:

.. or you don't have paired phones like CSM said =p
hahaha its ok..my english is bad anyway.

but at first when i got it..i try to pair my blackberry pearl phone it didn't work. after many times of pressing the talk button it finally have a beep sound after i press and release the talk botton. i paired it and everything went fine. i call my wife with it to test it out. and then after work i received a call. i press the talk button to pick up and then there no sound. my phone still connected the screen say " in use some thing like that" i hung up the phone it still say the same. i turn off the car and then turn it back on still have the same message. then i took off the bettery wire and plug it in and it work like normal, but this time no phone pair. no beep after press the talk button. i try press a million time it still won't hear that beep sound as they says in the manual. vioce not reconize. so before i bring it back to the dealer maybe get some idea. it could be a simple thing.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:51 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sounds like a faulty HFL system; if you never paired your phone it would explain why it doesn't respond - but if it's stuck on phone and you cannot get out of it then there's something wrong.

Make sure you turn your phone off the next time it does it; then turn the car off. The TL will maintain a link - so you can talk for a short time after the keys are removed. Try turning the phone off, then the car off and see what happens.

You can also run the HFL diagnostics, put the key in the on/accessory position (don't start it), hold the talk/yes button down for 5 seconds, the system should run a diagnosis and return with a confirmation along the lines of "the hands free link system is working properly"

Have you deleted and re-added your phone?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Timmahh

Have you deleted and re-added your phone?
yes. after i put the bettery wire back in..there nothing in the system. thanks. i;ll try to do the diagnosis later tomorrow.
thanks for advice.