HFL or my phone???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFL or my phone???

I did a search but did not find anything on this, so here goes.

I have a Spint T608 and ever since I got it I have noticed the following.

Whenever people call me, the car will ring every time. When I try to pick up with the HFL, I will either get:
- One beep followed by two beeps and then the HFL picks up
- One beep and never get the two beeps and the phone picks up and I have to dig it out of my pocket to talk.

I can use my phone to transfer to the call to the HFL if it doesn't pick up when they call.

It is a hit or miss problem. Sometimes the HFL will pick up, sometimes it won't. I have also noticed that for a few seconds after the HFL picks up the caller can't hear me. I end up saysinbg "Hello" 2 or 3 times before they finally hear me.

So what do you guys think? Phone or HFL problem.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Lurker Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by sdkirby
I can use my phone to transfer to the call to the HFL if it doesn't pick up when they call.

It is a hit or miss problem. Sometimes the HFL will pick up, sometimes it won't. I have also noticed that for a few seconds after the HFL picks up the caller can't hear me. I end up saysinbg "Hello" 2 or 3 times before they finally hear me.

Don't have that model so I can't say, but there were a number of posts in this forum diagnosing similar problems being related to the phone's ringer. Some downloaded ring tones don't "ring" the HFL for some reason. Also, if your phone is on "silent" or "vibrate" the car won't ring.

So I can't give you a definite answer, but I can give you some ideas for pursuing a diagnosis on your own. Switch to the stock ringtone, leave it on, try for a while and see if the problem goes away. Then switch to silent and see what happens, then try switching ringtones. i.e. isolate one variable at a time. Good luck.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:53 PM
registered !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sdkirby
I have also noticed that for a few seconds after the HFL picks up the caller can't hear me. I end up saysinbg "Hello" 2 or 3 times before they finally hear me.

Well i am not really sure about the first part of your problem. But the second one happenes with me too, i do end up saying "hello" twice atleast before the party on the other side hears me. Its probably that after you press the button to reply to your caller, it takes a fraction of a second for the system to actually activate the phone system.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EduTom
Don't have that model so I can't say, but there were a number of posts in this forum diagnosing similar problems being related to the phone's ringer. Some downloaded ring tones don't "ring" the HFL for some reason. Also, if your phone is on "silent" or "vibrate" the car won't ring.

So I can't give you a definite answer, but I can give you some ideas for pursuing a diagnosis on your own. Switch to the stock ringtone, leave it on, try for a while and see if the problem goes away. Then switch to silent and see what happens, then try switching ringtones. i.e. isolate one variable at a time. Good luck.

I think you mis-understood. The car rings just fine. It is when I goto pick up the call is when it deosn't pick up through the HFL. It picks up on the phone itself.