Headrest monitors Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xkactetx
Guys why are you paying so much for the av electronics crap. The other module skolov sells could be installed with dvd player for 650 you guys are paying 575 and plus install and the picture is much better on the sokolov's naviplus units.

From the few times I have talked to him everything seemed very sketchy. I looked at this little project as you get what you pay for. I got the screens pretty damn cheap so I didnt want to go cheap for the electronics to hook it all up. I know the screens are easily replaceable.. on top of backup camera and other stuff I wanted to add in the future. As far as picture difference, I doubt that.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here is my problem i paid an hell of a lot to get mine installed. i even got an aux in installed so i could hook up an mp3 player. the probem i am having is that my car is butchered im my opinion. did anyone else haev probelms with the stearing wheel colum cover. they had to replace it because the clips broke when tehy took it off. the other problems are nicks and scratches from taking my dash apart. i also notice that the metal strip near the center console was bent while prying it off. has anyone else run into similar problems or where all the installs perfect with no sign of taking anyhting apart?
Old 12-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
I had a somewhat unpleasant experience with the Blitzsafe adapter (or SHOND3 adapter I should say). When I connected the SHOND3 adapter, everything was fine because the car was off. As soon as I turned on the engine to the car, I got this high-pitched alternator whine. It was annoying as hell. I tried to place the adapter in another area under my center console, but that did not work. I tried a GLI, but that did not work. The only way I got rid of that whine was to disconnect the adapter from the XM/aux cable. I went back to the old setup in having the unit FM modulated because I listen to XM a lot more than DVD sound, and I can't pass up the comedy channel!
i am using the same setup you had and getting that sound as well. i cant hear it when playing music videos but i can hear it during regular dvd's. they said they will try and fix it sometime next week. the xm is still loud just has that buzzing sound during quiet parts of a song.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Cruisin'

hey guys, I have had the AV switch installed and i am really considering putting flush headrests in the car, and i don't know if its worth letting someoen cut up my headrests and not doing a good job, because my AV switch was not a clean install, i have things like the glove box is hanging a little lower, and couple of other things that the guy installing didn't really care for. So, right now i have a screens with brackets on the headrest.

The buzzing sound is easily fixed by adding a noise filter where your xm is being looped back into the AV switch. Most audio places have those filters. they cost like 12 bucks.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:38 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by someone
I just got back from being out of the country for a week of work.. I dropped off my headrests and monitors before I left to have the 6" screens put in them. I went to the place last night (Chongs apolstry in VA) and picked them up then went to a friends house where we (mainly HE) installed them. I have to say the picture is pretty good, Chong did not want to "angle" the screens because he said it would look a little sloppy. I think the job he did was pretty damn good and I only paid $190 for the install. Here are some pics I snapped last night while we installed it. Right now I have the avelectronics mod installed so I can play them on the NAVI also. I really need to figure something out to do with the audio, right now I am spliced into the XM audio and it cuts the volume in half... on XM and the video. It is still semi loud, just not as loud as it could be. Hope you like them... next will be mounting the DVD rom in the back seat arm rest and putting a 10 disc DVD changer in the trunk.

Can't really see your car in the dark. But I like those wheels. Post some pics during the day and host them up please!!
Old 03-17-2009, 04:11 PM
10th Gear

were the pics removed from the post?
Old 03-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
probably considering this thread is 4 years old....