Hawaii HELP with navi

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 03:33 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawaii HELP with navi

im a salesman at acura here in honolulu. I love acuras, ive owned two integras, a vigor, tsx and now an 07 tl. Here in hawaii the only car we have that supports navigation is our rl, and even then it doesnt get any of the upgraded features (like real-time traffic) that the mainland users get. Our other models, tl, tsx, mdx, rdx sometimes have the navigation system in it, but they don't work due to lack of signal and support from honda.

My real question is this. Is there a way to create a disc based off the RL's disc that has the maps of hawaii on it, that will at least allow me or my customers to get maps to display, or possibly make a disc that will do something more than display a screen saying im out of the coverage area. I noticed there were all types of hacks you folks have for the navi, maybe you guys could help me out.

email me please. acurajonathan@yahoo.com
Old 02-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Instructor

I may be wrong but if you're out of the coverage area of the GPS satelites then I don't think having the maps will help you.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Racer

Isn't there something in the diagnostics that tells what signal you're getting from which satellites? If he's getting some of the signals then at least we'd know it's doable. I'm guessing if the RL has it then it'd work.

It's too bad Acura dropped the ball on this. The price to pay for living in paradise.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:55 PM
10th Gear

well then i guess my other question would be. Is there some sort of a patch i could use to bring more functionality out of the navi system and screen. The RL has support so voice commands in finding restaurants and stuff work, basically what im trying to figure out if i can configure an rl disc to work in a tl, mdx, or rdx. or if thats not possible if i could create a disc to bring more functionality out of the navi systems. Currently the only things i can do with the other navi systems, is basic voice commands (fan speed, radio stations etc..) and i can only do those functions if i go to like the audio screen. If the (out of coverage) screen is up, which it is mostly, it won't even accept the voice commands. Occasionally it catches part of a signal, and will display a map of the continental united states. I don't believe any of the other discs for navi include info for hawaii, other than the rl disc.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:29 PM
10th Gear

i grabbed the disc out of an rl, and it does list subfolders with hawaii information on it. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.