Have you upgraded any parts of the stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you upgraded any parts of the stereo?

I'm interested in researching anyone's experiences on upgrading any of the audio system components, including new speakers, amplifiers, etc. I don't dislike the stock system, but I feel it's missing some of the middle-end sound spectrum.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has (or tried, or looked into) changing any components, and what, if any, changes were made to the APPEARANCE of the stock audio system (I'd prefer that no one could tell anything was changed by looking).

Thanks,

Garrett
Old 07-30-2004, 01:07 AM
Royal Flush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grit
I'm interested in researching anyone's experiences on upgrading any of the audio system components, including new speakers, amplifiers, etc. I don't dislike the stock system, but I feel it's missing some of the middle-end sound spectrum.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has (or tried, or looked into) changing any components, and what, if any, changes were made to the APPEARANCE of the stock audio system (I'd prefer that no one could tell anything was changed by looking).

Thanks,

Garrett
I agree with your assessment of the sound system. While it may be one of the best stock systems out there, I agree that something is missing in the middle-end. I wish this car had an equalizer. Anyway, the only thing I can think of, is to go to a high-end audio expert in your area. I think the TL is too new to have many people putting in systems in their car to get many responses...plus the demographics for the TL are not the type to run out and "pimp" their ride.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If anyone does get a chance to upgrade your stereo, please update us on what the speaker cones are made of. I'm just curious because I upgraded my previous car with Pioneer speakers with polymide woofers. The sound was awesome.

I'm curious if Acura skimped out on us in the audio area.