Handsfree call not going to speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 12:17 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Handsfree call not going to speakers

I'm using a Blackberry 7250 (Verizon) with my '04 TL Handsfree link. Pairing worked great, and most of the time the calling functions work great.

About 25% of the time when I make a call through the car, the Blackberry makes the call, but the audio and microphone do not go through the car, they go through the handset. Sometimes I can use the "Transfer" command to get the call to go to the Acura speakers, sometimes that hangs up the call.

I cannot figure out why sometimes the call is made properly through the car speakers and other times it's made only through the phone. Has anyone else encountered this?
Old 05-11-2005, 02:58 PM
10th Gear

its only when you dial out right? I had the same problem almost every other call I make. I got around that problem now by just dialing the person I want with the phone, cancel before it actually starts dialing, then with the handsfree, just say redial.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:33 PM
7th Gear

Thumbs down

Although that solution may work, it defeats the purpose of "Handsfree", doesn't it?
Old 05-12-2005, 05:36 PM
10th Gear

true but unless I saved them on the phonebook on HFL, I dont know anyones phone number so I need to look at my phone anyways. haha
Old 05-12-2005, 07:56 PM
7th Gear

Good point! The 50 number phone book in the car doesn't come close to keeping up with my needs. I also have to dial from the handset quite a bit.

Still searching for an answer...

I would really like to know if this is a problem with the car or with the phone.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:33 PM
4th Gear

Angry

I have the same problem. I just upgraded to a Verizon Audiovox XV6600. It paired just fine but the sound is only through the phone.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:26 PM
10th Gear

dont want to bring this back up but I just bought a new phone and all the problems I had before is gone. Might depend on teh phone you have. I went from a Sony Ericson to a Motorola V551
Old 05-22-2005, 07:40 AM
7th Gear

Thumbs up Possible solution?

I think I may have an answer to my own problem with the call not going through the speakers. About a week ago I changed my phone's bluetooth settings to make the phone not 'discoverable'. I have not had the problem since I made that change. All of the calls are now going through the car speakers. Since this problem is intermittent I can't be 100% sure that it's fixed, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:01 PM
4th Gear

Hey Alanmz,

I just picked up the Verizon Blackberry 7250 a few days ago and paired it correctly with my TL w/ navi. Prior to that I had the v710, which worked fine. However with the blackberry i'm having the same issuses.

1. I can't dial directly from my phone. It never goes to speakers, instead the phone just dials as if its not connected. With my v710, 90% of the time i had no problems, at the most i would have to hit the talk button the steering column and then dial from the phone and speakers would pick up.

2. I have noticed the HFL keeps dropping the bluetooth connection, while im in the middle of a conversation.

I tried making it non-discoverable as you mentioned, but i still have these problems. Any other suggestions?
Old 06-16-2005, 01:49 PM
7th Gear

7250 Problems

In the last few weeks I have had only 3 separate instances (out of about 100 phone calls) where the call I made (using the steering wheel buttons and voice dial) did not go through the speakers. I still cannot figure out why this happens sometimes and not other times.

Whenever I dial a call from the Blackberry, I always have to use the Blackberry's menu to 'switch' the call to the Acura's speakers. Do this by dialing the call on the Blackberry, then right after it starts ringing, press the scroll button on the Blackberry and choose 'Activate <your car bluetooth device name>'. This switches the call to the car.

I have not experienced the problem you mentioned where the bluetooth connection is dropped in the middle of a call. In my case, once the Acura has the call, it never drops it.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:48 PM
4th Gear

Thanks I'll give that a try. Its shame we have to do little things like that just to get the HFL to work. If this doesn’t work, or becomes a nuisance, I just might resort to using the Bluetooth earpiece in the car, that has no issues.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Abyss Boy

I too had a problem with the call not going to the TLs speakers using my new Verizon Treo 650. I noticed that the HFL accepts the commands "Call" and "Dial". The one time the call didn't get transferred to the speakers was when I told it to "Call". Every time I've told it to "Dial" it has worked perfectly.

Could this be the solution you were looking for?
Old 06-21-2005, 08:30 AM
4th Gear

Granticus,

I wasnt haveing a problem really when i hit call button on the steering wheel. I had more of a problem when i would try to call directly from my phone. My old V710, would atomatically connect to the HFL when I dialed from it.

Right now with the blackberry, I am using alanmz's trick by tranfering the call to the HFL from the handset. It works with no problem now. An extra step, but it works.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:37 AM
7th Gear

Question HFL detects passenger?

I know this sounds crazy, but here goes. The last several times that I've had a problem with a call I place using voice commands from the TL steering wheel not going to the TL's speakers, there was somebody else in the car with me every time. Most of the time when I make calls I'm alone in the car. Is there any way that the TL detects a pasenger in the seat and decides to keep the call you're making private on the handset instead of sending it through the speakers?

In the last 100 calls I've made, only 3 of them have not automatically gone through to the speakers, and all 3 times I had a passenger in the car. Weird, huh?

When I get incoming calls and answer them with a passenger in the car, they always go to the TL speakers.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Intermediate

Angry HFL Calls fine but Doesn't receive

I have the V710 ,using Verison and while it worked fine for the past several months, the HFL doesn't answer any calls and I have to use the handset. Voice dialing on outgoing calls works fine. Could I have inadvertantly screwed up a setting on the phone??

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:34 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by alanmz
Whenever I dial a call from the Blackberry, I always have to use the Blackberry's menu to 'switch' the call to the Acura's speakers. Do this by dialing the call on the Blackberry, then right after it starts ringing, press the scroll button on the Blackberry and choose 'Activate <your car bluetooth device name>'. This switches the call to the car.
FYI, this can also be done from the HFL side - as the outgoing call starts ringing on the handset, hit the HFL button on the steering wheel and say "Transfer."

--John

P.S. This is also useful when you are already on a call when getting into the car, and want to continue it hands-free from there.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:09 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by jbennett
FYI, this can also be done from the HFL side - as the outgoing call starts ringing on the handset, hit the HFL button on the steering wheel and say "Transfer."
And, as I just realized, you already mentioned this very command in the post that started this thread, once upon a time...

--John
Old 06-29-2005, 07:55 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by CeeBee
I have the V710 ,using Verison and while it worked fine for the past several months, the HFL doesn't answer any calls and I have to use the handset. Voice dialing on outgoing calls works fine. Could I have inadvertantly screwed up a setting on the phone??

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Did you do the software upgrade? If you didn't, I would suggest doing so, and then repairing the phone. If you have already, then I would just try repairing it with HFL all together. When i had that phone I didnt have any problems with the HFL answering calls. It actually worked even better after I got the upgrade. Now with the blackberry I haven't had any problems anymore now that I use the transfer feature to send my calls to the HFL.