Graphical User Interface (GUI) for Project "Free DVD-A"

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,426 Posts
adobeman,
if the source is 5.1 wavs, with ur gui, will the iso image be created as 5.1?
Old 08-01-2006, 05:48 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
adobeman,
if the source is 5.1 wavs, with ur gui, will the iso image be created as 5.1?
Nope. The GUI is for 2 channel only. Try Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo for more than 2 channel files.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:15 PM
rec
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aznpersuasion
when i put the cd in the cd player the only thing it says is "disc disc" than the cd ejects from my cd player..... can someone help me with a step by step please?

The cd's I used was Fujifilm dvd+R I also used Maxell Dvd+R
*Is there suppose to be a special disc?*
* I am using a Sony DVD rewritable.
*I am also using Nero Burning.

***** PLEASE HELP ME STEP BY STEP PLEASE! LOL*****
~Jason
Regular DVDs, burners and Nero should be fine. A couple of suggestions: try using DVD-R as that seems to be the most successful. OTherwise use search to find the brands of DVD+R that have worked for people. Also, some have had better success when ripping/ burning at slower speeds
Old 08-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Overlord - Team Abyss

Why didn't I see this thread until today????

I'll play around with this tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 AM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

sorry guy's i had a blonde moment or something. ok i figured it out... lol.. i used the sony dvd-r and i used maxell dvd-r anything with dvd-r works great! thanks adobe man, this program is GREAT!!!
~Jason
Old 08-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Buckle Up

I must be an idiot or something because whenever I click Make DVDA it makes them into audio_ts and video_ts, not an ISO. I make DVD-Video's and use those file formats but cant seem to figure out how to make it an ISO. Everyone else does but I cant...any help?
Old 08-06-2006, 11:51 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by monkeymato
I must be an idiot or something because whenever I click Make DVDA it makes them into audio_ts and video_ts, not an ISO. I make DVD-Video's and use those file formats but cant seem to figure out how to make it an ISO. Everyone else does but I cant...any help?
From the program's help... http://home.comcast.net/~adobeman/DV...help/index.htm.
So, your not an idiot. It does make the audio_ts structure but then should follow it up by making the ISO. Are you bailing out before it gets to that point?
Old 08-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Buckle Up

hey man...after it all is done only the TS files are made...not an ISO. What program do I need to make that an ISO bc I downloaded CDR tools but didnt know what to do bc there wasnt an install file.

btw your help page looks like got taken down by comcast.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Buckle Up

im an idiot..i found the ISO....im excited to get it working!
Old 08-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Advanced

I burned a DVD audio with nero. I used the DVD audio program that is included with it. The disc I made plays in the computer but not in the car.

Is this because I dont have any GROUPS on the disc?
Old 08-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
I burned it using Nero Express (the version that comes with my Sony DVD burner) and used the new GUI and it worked...nice software and great job!!!

Oh the disc is used is a TDK DVD-R...was burning at 8x and from the conversion to burning it only took about 10 mins more or less.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

how do I burn the image after i click make dvd-a
Old 08-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even if you have an app like Nero or Roxio, I would suggest using DeepBurner Free. Small footprint, very intuitive, user friendly and no conflict. Both are very good programs, but I find burning an ISO with Deepburner is so much easier IMO. BTW, this was recommended when the original Adobeman scripts were introduced to the forum.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Instructor

Great app. One suggestion for future releases, if there are any. When one clicks "add files" it would be nice if the app remembered the last path. I think thats a fairly standard thing for Windows apps. Thanks again. Its really great.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:18 AM
5th Gear

Skipping Tracks

AdobeMan - you're the man - great app dude. The answer for long hours of clear music on the TL

That being said - I'm still waiting to burn a disc without skips - have used DbPoweramp, CDex, BeSweet ... tried DiscWelder, DeepBurner, Nero 6 ... still haven't been able to produce a disc without random skips! Maybe its my TDK DVD-R - dunno ... might have to try Verbatim DVD-R

Tried burning the Metallica MLP's using DiscWelder - skips after 10seconds on each track. Same issue with Pink Floyd Dark Side (

If anybody has a workaround - please suggest.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:18 PM
5th Gear

same problem

Same problem as above.
I've tried cdex, nero, deepburner, dvd+r, dvd-r..... Most songs skip after 10 secs.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:53 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by svenky
AdobeMan - you're the man - great app dude. The answer for long hours of clear music on the TL

That being said - I'm still waiting to burn a disc without skips - have used DbPoweramp, CDex, BeSweet ... tried DiscWelder, DeepBurner, Nero 6 ... still haven't been able to produce a disc without random skips! Maybe its my TDK DVD-R - dunno ... might have to try Verbatim DVD-R

Tried burning the Metallica MLP's using DiscWelder - skips after 10seconds on each track. Same issue with Pink Floyd Dark Side (

If anybody has a workaround - please suggest.
Well you have tried enough rippers for sure. CDex always seems to work great for me. Is the skipping repeatable on each disk? I mean is it always the same song(s) on a given disk that skip? If so, do you have any other players you can play them on ? If so see if they skip on those. It also could be the media and the burn speed. Try burning slower if you are going above 4X. I burn at 4x (old burner (Pioneer A05). I even have some old (gasp!) 1x media. It takes forever but works.

One other thing. The only time I ever got any skips was when I used a different drive than usual to rip the CDs. I noticed it was ripping really quickly. No errors were noted but the tracks skipped. Not sure how you might slow down ripping but you might try that also if you can if it going much faster than 5x.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:57 PM
8th Gear

Great Adobeman. Don't even have a TL yet, but now I know I can play mp3 DVDs, so it's getting even more tempting!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:41 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Adobeman
One other thing. The only time I ever got any skips was when I used a different drive than usual to rip the CDs. I noticed it was ripping really quickly. No errors were noted but the tracks skipped. Not sure how you might slow down ripping but you might try that also if you can if it going much faster than 5x.

I do notice that CDex rips really fast. I'm using the same DVDRW drive. I'll see if there are settings to slow it down....

I also tried buring at 1x and 4x.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:05 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Adobeman
Well you have tried enough rippers for sure. CDex always seems to work great for me. Is the skipping repeatable on each disk? I mean is it always the same song(s) on a given disk that skip? If so, do you have any other players you can play them on ? If so see if they skip on those. It also could be the media and the burn speed. Try burning slower if you are going above 4X. I burn at 4x (old burner (Pioneer A05). I even have some old (gasp!) 1x media. It takes forever but works.

Thanks for the quick response AdobeMan.
I guess its the same tracks that skip and thats whats got me concerned ... what could be wrong with those tracks and how do I fix them?
As far as burning speed is concerned - well I have an old drive - so I can burn only at 1X
and I have the HP DVD-R 16x and not TDK ... my bad.

I dunno what I'm going to try next - but I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:37 AM
r00t

Exclamation

Originally Posted by BayAreaRider
Great Adobeman. Don't even have a TL yet, but now I know I can play mp3 DVDs, so it's getting even more tempting!
Wait... i thouht it could just play regular WAV DVD audio... i didn't know it could play Mp3 dvd A... am i missing something here?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BayAreaRider
Maybe I'm misunderstading what you're saying but your perception of what Adobeman's GUI can do is way off base (hopefully, my explanation is in the ballpark). First of all, the system cannot decode MP3s on a DVD disc. Secondly, the script does not make an MP3 disc. And third, the scripts converts MP3s to WAV files then formats them to create an image file (ISO). The ISO is then burned onto a disc (DVD-R media) creating a DVD-A disc.
Originally Posted by sriteja
Wait... i thouht it could just play regular WAV DVD audio... i didn't know it could play Mp3 dvd A... am i missing something here?
You didn't miss a thing...... it will play DVD-A discs created by the GUI. The info on the disc is neither WAV nor MP3.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Question

So you have to burn the image on a dvd-a not a dvd+r right. then it will play in our cars. because i burned it on a dvd+r and it will not play. thanks
Old 08-15-2006, 08:53 PM
rec
Advanced

Nope DVD-A is a spec and DVD-R/+R is a format. You can create DVD_A on both DVD+/-R but most folks here seem to have best success using DVD-R discs
Old 08-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Lt. Dangle

Originally Posted by pt1824
I do notice that CDex rips really fast. I'm using the same DVDRW drive. I'll see if there are settings to slow it down....

I also tried buring at 1x and 4x.
If you really want high quality rips Exact Audio Copy will provide the best results. During the install, it will ask if you want quality or speed. Select quality. Your rips will be slower, but you will get more accurate results. If you want to get really fancy, install the AccurateRip components.

I have never found burning at a slower speed to fix anything. The source material is the key.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Instructor

Angry

OK I'm officially an idiot I can't get this to work. Im getting a message when I try to burn the iso image on to a dvd-a w/deep burner WRITER ERROR (NOT READY(CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM-INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT) When I burn it on to a dvd+r it will not play in my car what the hell I am doing wrong. PLEASE HELP if you want my aol name is russ0813.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:57 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by enormus
If you really want high quality rips Exact Audio Copy will provide the best results. During the install, it will ask if you want quality or speed. Select quality. Your rips will be slower, but you will get more accurate results. If you want to get really fancy, install the AccurateRip components.

I have never found burning at a slower speed to fix anything. The source material is the key.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks enormus.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up

these are the discs I have used the dvd-a won't even read they are memorex dvd-r and the dvd+r. It does not play in the car
Old 08-17-2006, 05:58 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up

REC thanks for the nero instructions. I was able to do it w/nero thanks alot. now I have dvd-a, and thanks adobe man for making this.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:02 AM
Instructor

one more thing how do I put my cds on to adobemans gui, or do I have to download the songs.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by russ0813
one more thing how do I put my cds on to adobemans gui, or do I have to download the songs.
first ya gotta rip 'em to WAV files and store them in a directory on your HDD. Then you can either drag n drop or use the "Add Files" from the menu bar.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
first ya gotta rip 'em to WAV files and store them in a directory on your HDD. Then you can either drag n drop or use the "Add Files" from the menu bar.
how do I do that
Old 08-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Lt. Dangle

Ripping CDs

Originally Posted by russ0813
how do I do that
An easy program to use is Audiograbber . It is free and fast (but you will need to download and install the LAME DLL if you also want to make MP3s).

You could always use Exact Audio Copy, but it is much more complicated to setup. Quite a bit of reading is required, but the results are more accurate (particularly if you select "quality" during the setup wizard).

Either way, I strongly recommend making your DVD-A compilations from WAVs rather than MP3s. The artifacts and clipping from the compression/decompression are highly noticeably on a quality audio system. A regular music CD (i.e., not "MP3-CD") or DVD-A burned from MP3s rather than WAVs is going to sound markedly worse even than playing MP3s directly from your Ipod. Once the data is lost (during compression), it ain't coming back. And the decompression magnifies the loss.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:25 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Either way, I strongly recommend making your DVD-A compilations from WAVs rather than MP3s. The artifacts and clipping from the compression/decompression are highly noticeably on a quality audio system. A regular music CD (i.e., not "MP3-CD") or DVD-A burned from MP3s rather than WAVs is going to sound markedly worse even than playing MP3s directly from your Ipod. Once the data is lost (during compression), it ain't coming back. And the decompression magnifies the loss.
Absolutely. Using a lossy based source for DVD-As isn't preferable if you actually have the CDs. Realizing that that's less and less the case then I find the iPod (direct wired) does seem to sound better playing the same mp3 after it has been converted to WAV and then put on a DVD-A. Even though WAV is loss-less there must be some additional loss in the mp3-->WAV conversion that is noticeable when compared to the original mp3 alone.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:31 PM
5th Gear

OK I need help! I've tried all combinations and still skippy Discs. Only option left to try are the Verbatim discs that everyone seems to have success with. Could anybody please advise which Verbatim (DVD-R) discs to buy?

-Venky
Old 08-21-2006, 01:21 PM
5th Gear

It seems to be skipping less often by using Exact Audio Copy....but still skipping. This is with HP and Sony DVD-R's.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:59 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by svenky
OK I need help! I've tried all combinations and still skippy Discs. Only option left to try are the Verbatim discs that everyone seems to have success with. Could anybody please advise which Verbatim (DVD-R) discs to buy?

-Venky
I've tried different discs (including the 16x DVD-R Verbatim that people recommend), and I still get the skipping discs too. I also use EAC to rip directly from my CDs, have used both Nero and Deepburner to burn the discs (at full and slow speeds), and have even cross-flashed my Plextor PX-740A drive with the Benq 1640 firmware.

My TL is a 2006 (non-Navi).

Has anyone had success using a Plextor PX-740A burner?

Has anyone had success using the disc in a 2006 TL?

Brian.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Advanced

Just wanted to add my 2 cents here. I was not using Adobeman's program since I purchased DVD Audio Solo but I was having a skipping problem. After burning a couple of discs (Verbatim -R at 4x burn) I realized the problem was always in the same spot. I have the Creative DVD Audio player so I mounted the image with Nero ImageDrive and sure enough the error was in the iso created by Solo.

I have never used Adobemans program and please don't think I am implying there is anything wrong with it as I can see it has worked great for a lot of people. I am only suggesting another way to help you guys try to solve the problems you are having. I imagine there could be a number of reasons for the creation of a bad iso.It may not be the brand of disc or burner after all, as you can see I had this problem with Solo.

Good luck
Old 08-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Lt. Dangle

Originally Posted by bbennefeld
I've tried different discs (including the 16x DVD-R Verbatim that people recommend), and I still get the skipping discs too. I also use EAC to rip directly from my CDs, have used both Nero and Deepburner to burn the discs (at full and slow speeds), and have even cross-flashed my Plextor PX-740A drive with the Benq 1640 firmware.

My TL is a 2006 (non-Navi).

Has anyone had success using a Plextor PX-740A burner?

Has anyone had success using the disc in a 2006 TL?

Brian.
Your media and DVD drive all should be fine (especially since you have updated your firmware). Trenz1's observation is worth noting. The ISO itself may be the problem. One thing that may be hapening is some process might be running during the ISO creation that introduces the skip. I would recommend closing all programs -- particularly those that sit in your system tray -- and tryinh to create the ISO with as little running as possible. I used to have issues burning on my media center PC when Snapstream was running in the background. Now that I have a dual core AMD 64 4800+ processor, I do not have that problem anynmore.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:01 PM
6th Gear

Your media and DVD drive all should be fine (especially since you have updated your firmware). Trenz1's observation is worth noting. The ISO itself may be the problem. One thing that may be hapening is some process might be running during the ISO creation that introduces the skip. I would recommend closing all programs -- particularly those that sit in your system tray -- and tryinh to create the ISO with as little running as possible. I used to have issues burning on my media center PC when Snapstream was running in the background. Now that I have a dual core AMD 64 4800+ processor, I do not have that problem anynmore.
I shut everything down as well, have made multiple ISO files, and the disc plays flawlessly in the PC in which I burn it, and also in my HTPC, so it can't be the ISO image.

It skips in different spots on different tracks in my car, and I can play a song again, which skipped at (for example) 6 seconds, and the next time it skips at 35 seconds, or not at all. And when I say skips, I mean it always skips to the next track.

I haven't had any other problems with CD's or the 1 DVD-Audio disc that I own skipping in my car.

Quick Reply: Graphical User Interface (GUI) for Project "Free DVD-A"