Good rear speakers to compliment these?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 02:27 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eggyhustles
nice comps. looks like they can take alot of power. for close to 500 i would be getting something from the focal or morel line, though.
Any reason in particular?

I'd really like to know why everyone here seems to choose focal.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:47 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Originally Posted by CSWBiggs
show's how little that you know about audio...period...

and what makes you an expert on acoustic response to the human body...notice how i say body...not just ear...please clue us all in...i'm just dying to understand your logic...or should I say...lack there of?

-Jason
Because the human body can distinguish sound references in a sphere - not just from the front. Some people are better than others. And when it comes to preference, there is no standard...period.

Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
lol ok doc.... its funny although you think you know.... you still dont. Ill fill you in a lil, Physics and math proves everything ive mentioned, along with inside and outside calculations for loudness. I can prove anything with math for sound.... when you're a doctor you're constantly practicing trying to prove theory...therefore it remains theory until its proven otherwise.....and even then its called theory because you always get shit like "oh thats not a heart thats a brain". Oh and in case I didnt tell you....I dont practice electricity and math it stayed the same you cant change it unless your calculations are off (and its been the same for billions of years). Im sorry to tell you but all the theory that i have mentioned is proven through math and physics its called theory because you can bend and manipulate sounds to your liking . sound is the transfer function of energy through time (FACT NOT FICTION...sit there and think of that line a few times til it sinks in...because it important to recognize that.). so all Im doing is manipulating the "energy" to go in different directions. in music u have a fuck ton of variables that go into it and in the end its all preference....if u want back speakers go ahead do it im not stopping you, nor do I care.... Im letting you know, u cannot hear sounds from behind u....and thats proven (its not theory), you can ONLY hear echos from the angles in the environment provided from behind you. Which again goes back to physics n math....which im not getting into because the equations are probably longer than my speech.
with hearing... yea everyone hears differently because some of us either dont have perfect hearing, have untrained ears or just dont care much about sound. They just want it to be loud and they couldnt tell the difference between a fart or a high hat. quality vs. SPL..... this is y I use specific equipment to tune my customers cars (speaker angles, timing, crossover frequencies, amplifier levels etc.)to the point to where it (the system) never has to be touched and u can pop any cd in the car without ever having to change settings.....and thats not always the case in music and systems.
You can hear sounds from behind. I'm not sure who told you that you can't, but it's wrong. The way the sound enters the pinnae is able to be decoded by the brain and tell you where the sound is coming from. All pinnae are shaped differently, so again, there can be no singular theory on audio when everyone hears sound differently. You could say that people are more likely to be able to hear sounds in front of them better, because it's true. That's about all you can say, though.

Personally, I receive sound much better to my sides. That's why I'm saying it's foolish to tell people that they don't need rear sound until you find out how they receive sound and what they prefer.

Now, as you said, physics can factor in to fool people. Some people. Not everyone.

And that hurt my eyes.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok go live in the warcraft world bro when ur ready to understand and accept reality, Ill waste more time typing. In the meantime ur not a god (and you need to understand that) so I dont know who cant be fooled by physics (or manipulated).

Everyone receives/percieves music better to there side ( but it doesnt mean ur supposed to stick a speaker directly on the side of your head) because the sound goes directly into ur ear canal.
Remember the last talk we had about destructive interference??? yea well theres nothing to manipulate the sound; in anyway so it sounds louder and quality prob stays the same because thats how it was tuned to begin with. and you a much higher chance of destroying your hearing because of it. no thanks ill keep mine. thanks.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
*sigh*

When you participate in a hearing research study, I'll listen to you.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by mobusta
Any reason in particular?

I'd really like to know why everyone here seems to choose focal.
i actually take that back. i never heard those comps so it would be stupid for me to say i'd take something else..
Old 06-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Safety Car

ok cool.... im gonna go build carnegie hall in my backyard.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Safety Car

focals are very good...but i prefer them in the house. theres a mess of speakers to choose from and if they are positioned n tuned correctly you can get good sound out of them no probs.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Focal's in the House, yuck, I prefer seas, & scanspeaks, but the old focal TC120tdx is still a good performer, I'm into hi-end home audio big time. Now I've added a 300b integrated - push-pull never heard a 30 year pair of klipsch heresy's sound so good (of coarse after a c/o mod),

Do you have those pics for the mid door panels,

I need some idea's how to put my dynaudio 342's in (THANK YOU !!!)

speakers I'v built for home

Old 06-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Safety Car

lol if u look at their new line up they arent so bad in the home design area. they also do a lot of custom design things depending on how deep your pockets are. jnwo to my pics i didnt get a chance to get pics because my girls sis had a baby yesterday so it was too much to get some pics in but tonight i will get some and ill post my before pics now so u have an idea.

and this one is with the speaker in the hole but not mounted....i just placed it in there to make sure its int he correct position....i changed positions 2 times.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Ok, now I'm seeing it, thank you for posting , thats about where I thought you'd have them