Factory stereo replacement issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:27 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory stereo replacement issues

So I installed an aftermarket head unit and everything worked perfectly with issues at all. My problem is that I have decide to go back to factory and now nothing works like it should. All the connectors are original oem and are obviously plugged into the right port. The climate controls will only come on when I have the headlights on, the head unit doesnt come on at all (just has flashing theft light), clock is illuminated but not showing time, trip meter resets everytime I start the car, dash brightness defaults to dim setting, and after turning the car off the doors wont unlock!

I have to mention that the replacement head unit is not the one that came with the car but a unit I purchased from a friend and I know that the unit works.

Have I done something wrong? There are no spliced wires being as it still has the factory connectors. Could it be possible that the head unit itself wont work in the car? Also my factory climate controls were lit blue and the new unit is more black with a white background.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2015, 02:16 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If I remember correctly there is a 4 letter/digit number on the tape deck door that needs to match your original head unit to work properly.