Empire DVD-A Playback

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008 | 11:49 AM
Cruisin'

Empire DVD-A Playback

This is kind of a specific question, but does anyone here have the DVD-A version of Queensryche's Empire disc? So far I've tried 2 copies from Amazon and but result in no sounds from the stereo. Other DVD-A's play OK, and I've read that otheres have played this specific DVD-A in their TLs, so I'm stuck about why I can't play it.

Len
Old 05-28-2008 | 07:27 PM
Advanced

I just went outside to try this disc in my car and I have the same problem, no sound. It plays fine in the house. I don't know what the problem could be.
Old 09-20-2008 | 10:40 AM
1st Gear

I have just bought the DVD-A of Empire and it won't play in my 2008 MDX. It reads in the player as DVD-A and tracks but no sound. It plays as DVD-V in my home player. The Dolby Digital version is very good. In reading the discs specs online it indicates that the Advanced Resolution Surround is the default version. I have tried the suggestion of pushing the repeat/scan buttons at the same but that does not work.

Anyone out there have any suggestions?
Old 04-01-2011 | 08:40 PM
Advanced

Did anyone ever figure this out? I have the exact same issue. the disc played in my 06 TL, but not in my 11 TSX.
Old 04-05-2011 | 10:57 AM
Racer

that sucks. if there is a way to rip the DVD-A and reproduce onto another DVD i'd try that.
or try clonedvd?
Old 04-05-2011 | 12:55 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

I don't have that disc, but out of curiosity I did a Google search for "queensryche empire dvd-audio won't play" and it sounds as though it's a fairly common problem, not just among TL owners.
Old 04-05-2011 | 01:23 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by esco786
that sucks. if there is a way to rip the DVD-A and reproduce onto another DVD i'd try that.
or try clonedvd?
Depends. A cloned DVD-A will not clone the watermark. So, if the original DVD-A has a watermark, the clone will not work; it'll play for either 15 or 30 seconds than go silent.

Cirlinca Solo, Wavelab and a couple of others have DVD-A authoring tools, but not sure how to RIP the Audio and then re-author.

My first guess would have been to try another group (push Repeat/Scan buttons together).

Check this post for Watermark info: https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=18
Old 04-24-2011 | 02:58 AM
Cruisin'

the answer

Guys, Gals:

I have similar problems with other discs, they play well in my computer, but the car doesn't.

I have already downloaded a Full-ISO image of the original Queensryche - Empire DVD Audio disc, it wasn't easy to find.

Also, it seems to be Non-Watermarked as someone said "thanks, it sounds amazing on my MDX" so we suppose he downloaded and burned the same file but we dont know which year is the MDX

The ISO image is an exact copy of the original, so if the original that doesn't play because it is somewhat off the Acura/ELS standards, then this will be exactly the same and won't play.

What I have done to solve this is to Rip the DVD Audio, actually it is a complex task, it took me months to find out how to do it. You need to find like 4 different tools to do it, one to extract the audio from the AOB files into a 6-channel wav files, then split them into 6 separate wave files (one per channel), then compress them into one MLP file with the 6 channels within, then author a DVD-A disc with the MLP files. Every step takes a while because you are manipulating very large sound files, one song occupies around 600 MB in wave format.

Well, the good news are that Right Now i'm ripping and authoring the Queensryche DVD-A that has just finished downloading and I'll let you know if it worked. As I'm doing a whole new disc, it should play unles it's watermarked (if ir is, we are stuck forever), I'm removing the DVD-Video content and any other Group it may have, it will be only one group with the 5.1 channel 24 bit 96 khz, who needs more?

I have done this many times with may different DVDA's and it works, I own a 07 TL and it doesn't play any NuclearBlast release (Nightwish and Hammerfall for example), but none of them are watermarked and i can rip - reauthor and play it in my TL with no problems.

Everyone interested send me a private message to send you a copy or e-mail you a link where you can download My version of the DVD-A. I may help anyone to the same with another discs with the same problem. I know it feels weird to play a burned disk when you have the original but sometime it's the only way.

I'll post the results in a couple of hours when I finished this.

Regards

Luis
Old 04-24-2011 | 11:58 AM
Cruisin'

Voilą

It's official, the disc is not watermarked and I have successfully rip and re-author it with the 5.1 ch 24bit 96khz part of the album only with No loss of quality or compression or resampling or downmixing or anything bad for audio fidelity.

It works perfectly in my 2007 TL, I hope it works on all of the other years and models.

If someone is interested in this album or any other you are experiencing the same problem, send me a message.

do you guys know if I can post links of file sharing websites?

Thanks

Luis