Electrical Issue - Anyone see this ever...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:11 AM
2008 NBP Base is in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Issue - Anyone see this ever...

On Saturday morning I went out the the car and when I started it I noticed that the clock was displaying 1:00 which since it was 9:00am caught my attention. I soon noticed that the navi screen was not showing the normal nag screen and was totally blank. I pushed a few buttons but still nothing at all. I turned the car off and then re-started and found the same result. After further investigation I have found that there are several things not working or getting re-set or cleared at re-start. The clock and trip odometers all get set back each time I start the car. The dome lights do not come on when the doors are opened. The lock/unlock feature from the keyfob does not work. Only the base radio (AM/FM) works but I'm blind in finding stations as there is NO display on the Navi screen or the upper display. All other music capability (Sat etc) do not work.

I attempted to see if it was a fuse issue but could not find a burnt fuse nor does there seem to be a fuse that would cover all these problems. I called my dealer and they just said "bring the car in" and I will but wanted to reach out to all the experts here to see if anyone has ever seen this happen.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
battery voltage is dropping during start....i bet it's colder in MA than it is here in California...Get that battery tested....

-Jason
Old 10-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Go to autozone and get your battery checked, low voltage can cause the whole car to go berserk. If your battery doesn't check out, get a new one and go to acura (if the issues don't go away) and have them "reprogram everything via HDS." If the problem goes away then your good

If the battery is fine, take it to acura and have them check the car with HDS.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:47 AM
2008 NBP Base is in

Well it was not the battery and after working on it for a whole day yesterday the dealer is totally lost as to what is going on. They have contacted Acura and they are helping them troubleshoot but the car is still in the shop with no answers yet on what's causing this. I did pull the iSimple out before I took it to the shop just in case they wanted to point to it as the culprit.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 AM
TL owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Richard_P_Harvey
Well it was not the battery and after working on it for a whole day yesterday the dealer is totally lost as to what is going on. They have contacted Acura and they are helping them troubleshoot but the car is still in the shop with no answers yet on what's causing this. I did pull the iSimple out before I took it to the shop just in case they wanted to point to it as the culprit.
Good one because if they dont know what the problem is they will blame anything else they can find. Trust me i went threw it for a month just to find out that they put a defective radio in my car.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard_P_Harvey
Wow! That bites. Please keep us informed....... Good luck
Old 10-28-2009, 03:23 PM
2008 NBP Base is in

Just got the call from the dealer that they found it. They claim it was a harness connection tucked under the dash that was loose and was not making a good connection. Something about that sounds fishy to me....
Old 10-30-2009, 08:19 AM
2008 NBP Base is in

UPDATE - Got the car back the other night and it was working as normal BUT only for 1 day. The same problem came back and it now goes back to the dealer on Monday. I did not think that the loose plug finding was the issue anyway...
Old 11-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Intermediate

post your results ASAP! im having the exact same problem on my 04. everything works except the navi screen. i tried checking the screen itself (by swapping it out with another screen)and the dvd unit. all i can think of is it might be the wire harness. but its a headache taking the entire radio out. ive taken it out so many times that it makes me sick just thinking about doing it again.
ive been without the touch screen for almost a year already! any help that you get from acura would be appreciated because i want to get mine fixed to!! LOL
Old 11-16-2009, 10:37 AM
2008 NBP Base is in

The iSimple and harness have been removed now for over a week and everything is working perfectly again. Although Travis (Uncald4) has offered to replace the iSimple and harness I'm fearful that the problem will return if I install another one. I have been using the standard ipod stereo jack and frankly with how poorly the iSimple works to begin with I may just not put it back in.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Intermediate

my issue happened way before the isimple was even thought up lol. i hit a bump on the highway here in NY and all the lights on the entire dash went off and then turned back on. since then the navi screen stopped working