Easiest/Least expensive way to add Aux Input on 04 TL ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Drifting

Received 242 Likes on 165 Posts
Easiest/Least expensive way to add Aux Input on 04 TL ?

Hi guys. I had a PIE X3 unit that stopped working when I connected/disconnected the battery. (already discussed in another thread...I contacted logjam and it is a known issue but rare--and if you are out of warranty you are SOL)
So rather than shell out the money for another X3 I am looking for the simplest way to just add in one Aux input. I dont care if it displays on the screen or not...I just want to use the XM input for my Sirius stiletto. I want to use that radio specifically. So I have the power and antenna already wired
under the dash...couldnt I just have a cable output from my sirius stiletto into the XM input on the back of the stereo or do I need something in between ?
Old 05-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Your least expensive way is to use a wired FM modulator. Can't vouch for the quality, though.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ
Hi guys. I had a PIE X3 unit that stopped working when I connected/disconnected the battery. (already discussed in another thread...I contacted logjam and it is a known issue but rare--and if you are out of warranty you are SOL)
So rather than shell out the money for another X3 I am looking for the simplest way to just add in one Aux input. I dont care if it displays on the screen or not...I just want to use the XM input for my Sirius stiletto. I want to use that radio specifically. So I have the power and antenna already wired
under the dash...couldnt I just have a cable output from my sirius stiletto into the XM input on the back of the stereo or do I need something in between ?
the Easiest/Least expensive way to add Aux Input on 04 TL..... is drum roll please.......

4 bosh relays.
some wire.
a swirch.

by using relays it will not display, but it will sound as good as xm.

now you are going to ask for info on how to.

you can obtaing that info, by reading this sticky: 3G TL Audio & Electronics FAQ.

all the info is in there and I am actually using it for an ipod/zune input... works pretty darn good.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by fade2blk
the Easiest/Least expensive way to add Aux Input on 04 TL..... is drum roll please.......

4 bosh relays.
some wire.
a swirch.

by using relays it will not display, but it will sound as good as xm.

now you are going to ask for info on how to.

you can obtaing that info, by reading this sticky: 3G TL Audio & Electronics FAQ.

all the info is in there and I am actually using it for an ipod/zune input... works pretty darn good.
thanks a lot. I will read up...I will say the sound quality from my stiletto hooked up to the X3 sounded GREAT. I hope that will still be the case using this method.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ
thanks a lot. I will read up...I will say the sound quality from my stiletto hooked up to the X3 sounded GREAT. I hope that will still be the case using this method.
was to lazy to look it up, but done it anyway.

sound will be the same.

any how here is the link https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/diy-audio-aux-577329/ on the whole tread...

once complete let me know what you thing of this....
Old 05-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by fade2blk
was to lazy to look it up, but done it anyway.

sound will be the same.

any how here is the link https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577329 on the whole tread...

once complete let me know what you thing of this....
Hmm an interesting way of doing this...however. I have the X3 I assume buried inside my dash...I have to take it apart anyway. I at this point have no interest in using the XM....maybe it would be better for me to just cut the 4 wires behind the head unit like one guy suggests.