dvd-a issues need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dvd-a issues need help

i knew this was too easy......i just knew it......after reading hours and hours in other threads describing how to make a dvd-a audio, i went to staples and bought maxwell dvd-r 16x (they didn't have the verbamint or something). I first tried GUI program but keep getting errors saying that the mp3 format is not right or something so next i tried the ulead burn.now program suggested by other members of the forum and downloaded ulead burn.now program (a free trial version) and made the dvd-a............but when i tried it in my car.....of course it doesn't work........any easy solution to this? is it my maxwell dvd-a? do i need to buy the software? any recommendations to which one to buy or download for free? or anyone tried my method?
Old 08-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
I noticed you were checking out this thread: How do I burn MP3's & WAV's and Ipod files to DVD Audio?

Were you able to get some help from it?
Old 08-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Intermediate

No offense but I really think you need to do some more reading on this.
There are a lot of threads on this subject and its also easy to get confused between the 2 programs made by 'adobeman'.

The first is to create a DVD-audio, see here https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=dvda disc

that will play around 95 tracks in CD quality 2-channel sound. This process incorporates changing your .mp3 files to .wma and then when all the .wma files are ready, compiling them into an .iso file. This file is then burnt to a DVD-R (some have had success with +R too) to make your DVD-A.

The second can take the .wma files you created and by use of a third party program, alter the 2-channel sound into 6-channels. This is not a true 6-channel recording but a way to have the music play over all the channels. See here
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=dvda

The processes are not difficult to do, you will need to read first, then get the required programs and follow the instructions.
It took me about 3 hours yesterday to learn how to do both of these processes and I'm listening to both types of DVD-A in my car!

Good luck
Old 08-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by datmrman
I noticed you were checking out this thread: How do I burn MP3's & WAV's and Ipod files to DVD Audio?

Were you able to get some help from it?
yea......one thing i forgot to do was change mp3 format to wav format.......i did that with free software and now im trying to do it with ulead burn.com.....i tried the cirlinca free trial but i keep getting too many errors with my wav. file saying that they are either too big or not formatted right or something.....so im gonna try the ulead burn.com with wav. format.....hopefully it will work......if im doing anything wrong, please let me know!!!!! thank you very much
Old 08-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sodde
No offense but I really think you need to do some more reading on this.
There are a lot of threads on this subject and its also easy to get confused between the 2 programs made by 'adobeman'.

The first is to create a DVD-audio, see here https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=dvda disc

that will play around 95 tracks in CD quality 2-channel sound. This process incorporates changing your .mp3 files to .wma and then when all the .wma files are ready, compiling them into an .iso file. This file is then burnt to a DVD-R (some have had success with +R too) to make your DVD-A.

The second can take the .wma files you created and by use of a third party program, alter the 2-channel sound into 6-channels. This is not a true 6-channel recording but a way to have the music play over all the channels. See here
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=dvda

The processes are not difficult to do, you will need to read first, then get the required programs and follow the instructions.
It took me about 3 hours yesterday to learn how to do both of these processes and I'm listening to both types of DVD-A in my car!

Good luck
just one question....is wma same as wav????
Old 08-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Intermediate

My opologies, I meant .wav instead of .wma
Old 08-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Instructor

urrgggg.......okay.......i retried the uleadburn.com program after i converted my mp3 files to wav files......like i said i tried the gui program by adoleman but kept getting too many errors on the songs......now as far as my limited brain understands in order to listen to dvd-a in my car,
1. change mp3 to wav. using appropriate programs
2. burn wav. files into dvd-a using appropriate programs
3. go listen to it in the car.......

my problem is i cant find appropriate problem.....i'll pay the money if i have to....
does anyone know or used certain programs to do so? if so can you please please let me know what i exactly need to do........again.....thanx for your help
Old 08-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Safety Car

Can you list the programs you are using and the steps you are taking?

With the Ulead Burn.Now that is bundled MovieFactory 4 Disc Creator, I do not need to convert mp3 to wav at all. I just drop my mp3 into the program and click burn. It is Burn.Now 2.0 instead of 1.5 that is currently offered on the Ulead site.

Now I am curious if the demo version of Burn.Now limits DVD-Audio creation.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by datmrman
Can you list the programs you are using and the steps you are taking?

With the Ulead Burn.Now that is bundled MovieFactory 4 Disc Creator, I do not need to convert mp3 to wav at all. I just drop my mp3 into the program and click burn. It is Burn.Now 2.0 instead of 1.5 that is currently offered on the Ulead site.

Now I am curious if the demo version of Burn.Now limits DVD-Audio creation.
i used this "free cd to mp3 converter" that i found online to convert the files to wav.......and downloaded the trial version of burn.now 1.5.......i saw your replies on this other thread and tried to find the 2.0 version on the link you have provided but i couldn't find 2.0.....anyway then i went to the the program and did create audio dvd-a........now i tried both wav. file and mp3 files and both of them got rejected by TL........if i buy the moviefactory 4 Disco Creator (now they have 5), can i get the burn it now 2.0???? im thinking that might be the problem. Oh and thanks a lot datmarman for your help in this matter
Old 08-08-2006, 06:34 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sjkforever
i used this "free cd to mp3 converter" that i found online to convert the files to wav.......and downloaded the trial version of burn.now 1.5.......i saw your replies on this other thread and tried to find the 2.0 version on the link you have provided but i couldn't find 2.0.....anyway then i went to the the program and did create audio dvd-a........now i tried both wav. file and mp3 files and both of them got rejected by TL........if i buy the moviefactory 4 Disco Creator (now they have 5), can i get the burn it now 2.0???? im thinking that might be the problem. Oh and thanks a lot datmarman for your help in this matter
sjkforever,
Ulead Burn.Now 1.5 Full version should work. I've been using it for about a year now. It accepts mp3's so you don't have to convert them to wave files. The version I have is by itself and was not bundled with Movie Factory.
The trial version of Burn.now is probably limited or not capable of creating a DVD-A's or your mp3's got something "funky" going on with them. On Burn.now, Choose Audio disc, not mp3 disc or data disc. Check the options after you choose to create an Audio disc. Do you have 3 "Disc Format" options such as (Audio CD), (DVD-Audio) and (Audio-Only DVD-Video)?

Take one of your burned DVD-As and put it in your computer and browse the contents on the DVD. Tell us what kinds of files you see on it.

Let us know so we can try to figure out your dilemma.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a simple solution for ya! Use CDex, clearly one of the best rippers around. And to copy your ISO files onto DVD - try Deeprburner Free, has a small footprint and very intuitive. Best part about it - these are freeware.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:01 AM
now with four rings

dvd-a creation is extremely easy for me...

1. pick mp3's i want and convert to wav

2. add wav files to my dvd-a program (dvd-audiofile) and spit out iso

3. burn iso and listen to in car

but i'm on a mac, so shit is easier...
Old 08-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Here's a simple solution for ya! Use CDex, clearly one of the best rippers around. And to copy your ISO files onto DVD - try Deeprburner Free, has a small footprint and very intuitive. Best part about it - these are freeware.
just one question, when you say copy your ISO files........you mean the wav. files that i have converted using the cdex program? and do i just use the deepburner program to make the dvd-a audio using the wav. files???
Old 08-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Crook
sjkforever,
Ulead Burn.Now 1.5 Full version should work. I've been using it for about a year now. It accepts mp3's so you don't have to convert them to wave files. The version I have is by itself and was not bundled with Movie Factory.
The trial version of Burn.now is probably limited or not capable of creating a DVD-A's or your mp3's got something "funky" going on with them. On Burn.now, Choose Audio disc, not mp3 disc or data disc. Check the options after you choose to create an Audio disc. Do you have 3 "Disc Format" options such as (Audio CD), (DVD-Audio) and (Audio-Only DVD-Video)?

Take one of your burned DVD-As and put it in your computer and browse the contents on the DVD. Tell us what kinds of files you see on it.

Let us know so we can try to figure out your dilemma.
im gonna try the cdex and deepburner first since they are free......if they dont work out, then i'll definitely purchase the vlead brn.now 1.5 full version like you recommended.....thank you for the info.....
Old 08-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Safety Car

The CDex program looks like its just a CD-Ripping program which basically takes a CD and extracts .wav, .mp3, etc from it. There is nothing mentioned on the features page about creating DVD-Audio.

You will still need one of Adobeman's programs if you want to complete your free DVD-Audio creation programs list.

Crook made a very good suggestion. Please stick your created DVDs into your computer and let us know what you see.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Safety Car

I figured he had downloaded and used Adobeman's GUI app (mentioned in the original post) and stated he had probs converting MP3 to WAV. The built in converter sometimes doesn't recognize some of the MP3 codecs and will not convert to WAV. Suggest ripping from CD, transfer to GUI app (one of the groups), run the program (make DVD-A) and use Deepburner to copy the ISO to create DVD-A. Oh yea, CDex is a ripper and one of the ones recommended by Adobeman. IMO, ya gotta have good source material.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:36 AM
Instructor

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
i got it to work.......i used the cdex to make the wav. files from mp3....then used the gui program to make iso. from wav. files (this way i didnt get any error messages) then used the deepburner like you guys suggested and yup........it worked!!!!! thank you all for your helps....you guys are the best
Old 08-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Safety Car

Awesome! Glad everything worked out for you.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Safety Car

Another satisfied customer ........
Old 08-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Racer

Maybe you guys can help me out too. I "acquired" the .iso file of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon DVD-A (not the SACD - supposedly from the original quadraphonic master tapes - never released) which has selections for both a 4.1 Dolby Digital recording or a 4.1 DTS recording. I have burned the .iso to disc twice on dif discs using both the deepburner program and the dvd decrypter program. The discs play fine in my computer and on my home DVD player, but no go in the TL. The display flashes "disc" every time and spits it out. I've tried both DVD-R and DVD+R.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the menu. It lets you choose the DTS or DD recording first, then it brings up the song menu. I have been able to isolate the .vob file that contains the music, but burning that alone is not playable on anything.

Any ideas??
Old 08-09-2006, 09:23 PM
now with four rings

sounds like it's a Music DVD, not a DVD-A disc...here's a quote from my Toast Titanium program help file...

A Music DVD can be played in a set-top DVD player or in a Macintosh or a Windows computer with a DVD player. A Music DVD should not be confused with a DVD-Audio disc. DVD-Audio discs require a special DVD player. A Music DVD is a standard DVD that contains music (and can also contain photo slideshows and videos), has full navigation menus for song selection, and can be played in any set-top DVD player.
A standard Music DVD can contain over 50 hours of music with Dolby Digital sound. If your recorder supports dual-layer recordable DVDs, you can create a Music DVD with over 100 hours of music.
you can't have a menu on your dvd-a disc...like your experience, dvd-a players won't read these discs, like in our TL...
Old 08-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Instructor

I thought DVD-A were AOB files and DVD video used VOB files. It may be a video disk, but you can use a DVD extractor to rip the audio tracks and create a dts DVD-A disk.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rimz
sounds like it's a Music DVD, not a DVD-A disc...here's a quote from my Toast Titanium program help file...

you can't have a menu on your dvd-a disc...like your experience, dvd-a players won't read these discs, like in our TL...
But my Buena Vista Social Club DVD-Audio disc has a menu when I put it in my computer. It lists all the songs and I can select which one I want to play. I checked that too.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:12 AM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by rfrys
But my Buena Vista Social Club DVD-Audio disc has a menu when I put it in my computer. It lists all the songs and I can select which one I want to play. I checked that too.
it might play in your computer, but does it play in your TL...?
Old 08-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Racer

it might play in your computer, but does it play in your TL...?
It sure does. It's a normal retail DVD-A.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:29 PM
now with four rings

here's a line i found from wiki...

DVD-Audio may also feature menus, text subtitles, still images and video, plus in high end authoring systems it is also possible to link directly into a Video_TS folder that might contain Video tracks, as well as PCM stereo and other "bonus" features.
that being said, maybe your Pink Floyd disc has too many other features on it and the TL doesn't like it...or, maybe the Pink Floyd disc was originally a hybrid dvd-a disc...

Originally Posted by wiki
In addition to a standard single-sided disc, a "hybrid" DVD-Audio disc (HDAD) also exists. One side of the disc contains content that can be played in a standard DVD-Video player (such as the album in Dolby Digital 5.1 audio) and the other side contains content for DVD-Audio players (such as the album in 24-bit 96kHz PCM 5.1-channel audio).
i guess you could have just a menu on your dvd-a disc and the TL will still recognize it, but if you have video clips, photos, etc. on there, it probably won't...all i know is i can burn 61 songs to a dvd and it plays perfectly in my car...
Old 08-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Racer

Hey guys, another noob to the dvd-a thing and I was reading up on how to make one and I did with 98 tracks on it.

NOW I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM.
For some reason when I was playing track number 97 about 1 minute into the song it just froze and went to FM....WTF?! And now I can't get into the cd part whenever I press disc it doesn't do anything? Any ideas on what I should do? Should I have to go to the dealer??
Old 08-10-2006, 04:08 PM
now with four rings

98...? are you listening to a bunch of 2 minute songs er something...? ...or maybe just lower quality songs...

have you tried pushing all the buttons to get the cd out? holding down the eject button? turning car off and on? trying a different number disc (assuming you have more than one disc in your changer)?
Old 08-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Racer

98...? are you listening to a bunch of 2 minute songs er something...? ...or maybe just lower quality songs...

have you tried pushing all the buttons to get the cd out? holding down the eject button? turning car off and on? trying a different number disc (assuming you have more than one disc in your changer)?
No, most of them are around 4 mins. hmmm I thought most people were getting around the same amount of songs maybe your right about the lower quality?

So I left the car alone for about an hour or so and I get back in the car to go to the gym and WALA it works!!!! I have no idea on why it just stopped working and I tried everything you suggested....weird I know but atleast it's working now!
Old 08-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Safety Car

Glad things are back to normal, but if you experience this again at the same location, I would suggest that you recreate your DVD-A and burn it at a lower speed.