DVD-Audio group switch on 07 TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DVD-Audio group switch on 07 TL

Can anybody who has 2007 TL confirm that pressing and holding SCAN and REPEAT buttons still works to switch DVD audio groups on 07? If it does not work - is there another trick? The sticky https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/17-oem-cl-type-s-rims-sale-145820/ mentions SCAN+REPEAT but does not specify if it works for 07.

The 07 have different audio unit so I am wondering if the trick is still there. SCAN+REPEAT works fine on my 04 TL (I use it a lot), however I just got 07 MDX for my wife and it seems the trick does not work here. 07 TL and 07 MDX have similar audio units and new 4-gen NAVI - that is why I am asking the question on this forum. MDX forums are not very helpful, unfortunately...
Old 06-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Advanced

2007 MDX and 2007 TLS

I have a 2007 MDX and a 2007 TLS and the navigation systems are somewhat different. MDX quite a few more options that the TLS and no touch-screen.

The HFL and other "in-dash" menu items are also much more comprehensive in the 2007 MDX than in the 2007 TL.

What does the "DVD-audio group switch" mean? I can check it out on my TLS if you let me know. My only experience with DVD-Audio is putting in the demo disc, listening to a few songs, and then putting it into a file cabinet.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AtlantaTLS
What does the "DVD-audio group switch" mean? I can check it out on my TLS if you let me know. My only experience with DVD-Audio is putting in the demo disc, listening to a few songs, and then putting it into a file cabinet.

The DVD-Audio disc technically may have up to 9 groups; each group can have up to 99 tracks. Sometimes DVD audio disc contains real high definition 5.1 audio in the Group 1 and regular CD stereo audio in Group 2. If you are handy with computers you can create your own audio dvd's. I usually create them from regilar CDs just to put several albums on one disc. When I am doing that I put every album in its own group so I can have up to 9 albums on one DVD.

The point is TL audio plays just Group 1 and then switches to the nexs disc (not to the next group). The 04 TL (and I guess 05 and 06) allows you to switch to the next Group in the same DVD audio by pressing and holding SCAN and REPEAT buttons (not on NAVI, just physical buttons on audio unit). When it switches - it also shows "Group 2 (3, 4, ...)" on the top display (the one above NAVI screen - which shows clock and climate control temperature).

I believe Acura Demo DVD also has at least 2 groups. Group 1 contains real DVD audio demo tracks; Group 2 contains the same tracks in regular CD stereo.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
you have to click on the dvd on the screen and then it will show you folders titled group one and group two, thats how i did it in a loaner 07.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by avlcat
Can anybody who has 2007 TL confirm that pressing and holding SCAN and REPEAT buttons still works to switch DVD audio groups on 07? If it does not work - is there another trick? The sticky https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145820 mentions SCAN+REPEAT but does not specify if it works for 07.

The 07 have different audio unit so I am wondering if the trick is still there. SCAN+REPEAT works fine on my 04 TL (I use it a lot), however I just got 07 MDX for my wife and it seems the trick does not work here. 07 TL and 07 MDX have similar audio units and new 4-gen NAVI - that is why I am asking the question on this forum. MDX forums are not very helpful, unfortunately...
I have found the answer myself by experimenting with MDX. Press and push "6-disc" button four couple of seconds - that will switch the DVD-A groups. This is the button which switches from FM/XM/Aux etc to CD changer input (probably labeled differently on TL). Hopefully that trick will be similar for 07 TL and helpful to 07 TL owners here. As far as I see nobody knows how to switch the groups on 07 TL - you have a chance to try now.

Thanks. Alex.