DiscWelder Bronze

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
BeSweet can make those AC3's into 6 monophonic .WAV files, and then you can use Discwelder or other DVD-A authoring packages to burn that to a DVD-A you can enjoy in your car.

The BeSweet GUI makes the job easier. Both are freeware downloads.

Mike
Old 02-08-2005, 10:21 AM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I get some more free time at work, I'm going to be giving the DVD-A capabilities of Steinberg's Wavelab software a spin. It (supposedly) has full support of the DVD-A format. I'm curious about the multiple groups of 99 tracks each. Seems like a decent compromise until I figure out an elegant way to incorporate my iPod.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SilverTL when you tried using your LiteOn 851s drive, what were the symptoms? Did it just sit in "Write" mode forever, and not actually burn?

I have the same drive, and thought my drive was flaking out when I saw this... glad to see it might not be the drive, but rather poor software.

-BZ
Old 02-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Computer Techie Geek

Originally Posted by svtmike
BeSweet can make those AC3's into 6 monophonic .WAV files, and then you can use Discwelder or other DVD-A authoring packages to burn that to a DVD-A you can enjoy in your car.
Mike
"other dvd-a packages" ??? what are they

thanks for your be-sweet advise.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Team Owner

Steinberg's Wavelab is one. ULead has one as well, but I don't think there's been much luck with it.

Mike
Old 02-21-2005, 01:39 PM
7th Gear

No go on ULead Burn.now

I've had no luck with the ULead version (Burn.now). I've only used the demo verision, but I assume the retail version would behave in the same way.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:48 PM
cbo
5th Gear

Any ideas on why discwelder simpy won't work for me? I've ripped the audio off a concert dvd to 30 6-channel wav files. Total size though is 6GB so they won't all fit on one DVD I'm not sure that i've ripped them right seeing as that's one of 3 audio channels off a disc with video as well. At any rate, any time i try to burn with dw it 'creates audio stream' then goes to 'writing disc'. It never seems to access my dvd writer and after a while will give me the error "sdk error - Power on or SCSI reset even occurred". Then it kicks open the drive. I can't really find any relevant info on this message which makes it frustrating.

My writer is an NEV DVD_RW ND-3500AG (16x Dual layer and so on) and i've tried this at 2x, 4x and 8x. Though most of the time i've tried 2x. I only get this one result.

Any ideas?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Team Owner

Did you try Discwelder's tech support?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:03 PM
3rd Gear

Free Alternative

I found this utility this morning:

http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/

It's free, It's opensource, and it isn't for those looking for fancy GUI's.

I made a very small sample disc this morning and burned the ISO with Alcohol-120%. The burning process seemed to take forever but low and behold it played in the TL.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:02 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by terrabyte
I found this utility this morning:

http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/

It's free, It's opensource, and it isn't for those looking for fancy GUI's.

I made a very small sample disc this morning and burned the ISO with Alcohol-120%. The burning process seemed to take forever but low and behold it played in the TL.
YUP!
Been using the same freeware as well. It can burn up to 9 groups with 99 tracks in each. I burn the ISO with Nero 5.5.10. I only do 2 channel compilations of CD Audio tracks. I thought about writing a VB GIU for it but 2 batch scripts scripts seem to work well enough. The only pain is that you have to run through the process twice. First time and then the second time with a sector target.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:23 PM
cbo
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Adobeman
YUP!
Been using the same freeware as well. It can burn up to 9 groups with 99 tracks in each. I burn the ISO with Nero 5.5.10. I only do 2 channel compilations of CD Audio tracks. I thought about writing a VB GIU for it but 2 batch scripts scripts seem to work well enough. The only pain is that you have to run through the process twice. First time and then the second time with a sector target.
Sweet i'll give that a crack.

Do you guys use the LFE channel or not? I finally got one to go off dw - but it had extremely super loud bass. Reburned (which took forever - curse 2x ) w/o the LFE and it sounds great! I'll try 8x later to see how it works.

Any suggestions on what to rip the audio down to? I pulled it off at 24/48 and can only get 1hr 20min or so on a DVD. Should i do 16 bit or will that loose too much quality off the original DVD source?
Old 06-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Instructor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Greg G
I believe the limit is 99 songs per group not per disc. The TL can play multiple groups by pushing two buttons at the same time. See the following thread for details:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85909

-Greg
The link turns out to be an invalid post. Can you confirm which two buttons you need to press to change groups. I've burned a DVD-A with multiple groups on it that plays all the groups fine on my DVD player (which supports DVD-A). I'll be getting my TL next week but I wanted to know how I can change DVD-A groups before I play my DVD-As in it. Thanks !
Old 06-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up

After a more extensive search, I found the info from the QuadraphonicQuad forums:

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/foru...?t=3388&page=1

Quoting Larry Geller,

"The bonus tracks on this Elton John DVD-A are in a seperate "group" on the DVD-A. In fact there are four different "groups" on this same DVD-A, playable without turning it over. Most of us were unable to access these other groups on our somewhat simplified DVD-A system in our Acura 04 TLs. The owner of an exclusive "only DVD-A" recording company recently became a TL owner and was upset he could not access the other "groups" on the DVD-As his company sold. Panasonic told him how to do it. Under the cassette opening, there are actual buttons. The left two are "RPT" and "scan". Mash them both at the same time while looking at the clock/audio display. Each time the DVD-A changes to another group, you will hear a "beep" and see the group number in the aforesaid display. The Elton John good bonus tracks are in group four, and the acoustic version of "Candle in the Wind" is worth the price of the DVD-A."

Cheers !
Old 06-05-2005, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

I have attempted to make dvd-a from concert video using discwelder chrome. Ripped into wav files with dvd audio extractor. The final disc was recognized by the tl, but each song only plays a few seconds before it skips to the next song. I used tdk-r and liteon 832. The software sets burn speed at max and does not let me choose any other speed. I've made 10 coasters so far. Any ideas?
Old 06-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by SilverTL
16bit/44KHz

and i forgot to mention that the burn process was about 35 minutes

Which .wav format do you use.. I have drop down choices on my converter in brurn now to conver tto all sorts of things including pcm and dvd audio (but dvds audio makes the file 45 megs)

When you convert to 16/441 which type of wav do you convert to (using discwelder?)

Mike
Old 06-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Racer

can our cars play DL-DVD? If so then that would mean mucho more space to work with...
Old 06-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Instructor

I'm pretty sure it can play DL-DVDs. Many current commercial DVD-As are in fact DL.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Pro

Minntonka Out of Business

Is Minntonka, the peole that made this software out of business?

Their website is down (www.discwelder.com) and their phone number does not answer!

Anyone know?!?!?
Old 06-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Pro

How many files per track allowed?

Ok..

I ordered this product... Discwelder bronze.

I see that it allows ONE GROUP of 99 tracks.. but the screenshot looks like youcan add MULTIPLE FILES under each track.

Is there any limitation to the amount of files you can add?

For instance can I add 3 songs (files) to track one (I assume theyw ill play in a row with no control to forard or back)?

That would mean more than 99 songs can fit.

Can someone enlighten me on this.

Thanks
Mike
Old 06-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MikeRadio
Ok..

I see that it allows ONE GROUP of 99 tracks.. but the screenshot looks like youcan add MULTIPLE FILES under each track.

For instance can I add 3 songs (files) to track one (I assume theyw ill play in a row with no control to forard or back)?

Thanks
Mike
You would have to concatenate the .WAV files first with another program, then just add that as a single track.

Mike
Old 06-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Instructor

Ok..

Thanks
Mike
Discwelder Bronze only supports one group from what I know; you'll need to get Steel (9 groups) or Chrome (99 groups) if you wanna add more than one group to the DVD-A. Each group can contain a maximum of 99 tracks (part of the DVD-A spec), but each track doesn't necessarily have to be only one song, like svtmike said.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MeltdowN
Discwelder Bronze only supports one group from what I know; you'll need to get Steel (9 groups) or Chrome (99 groups) if you wanna add more than one group to the DVD-A.
Steel also only does 1 group. Chrome supports the max that DVD-A allows - 9 groups. All of the programs allow 99 tracks per group supported.

Mike
Old 06-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by MeltdowN
Discwelder Bronze only supports one group from what I know; you'll need to get Steel (9 groups) or Chrome (99 groups) if you wanna add more than one group to the DVD-A. Each group can contain a maximum of 99 tracks (part of the DVD-A spec), but each track doesn't necessarily have to be only one song, like svtmike said.

Does Brioze let you easily drop in a few files into ONE track though?

Or DO I need to combine them with a different program 1st

Thanks,

Mike
Old 06-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by svtmike
Steel also only does 1 group. Chrome supports the max that DVD-A allows - 9 groups. All of the programs allow 99 tracks per group supported.

Mike
Yup, you're right. Only Chrome supports multiple groups.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Instructor

Does Brioze let you easily drop in a few files into ONE track though?

Or DO I need to combine them with a different program 1st

Thanks,

Mike
I don't know about that but if you need a good open source wave editing program, you can use Audacity.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TL2005
I have attempted to make dvd-a from concert video using discwelder chrome. Ripped into wav files with dvd audio extractor. The final disc was recognized by the tl, but each song only plays a few seconds before it skips to the next song. I used tdk-r and liteon 832. The software sets burn speed at max and does not let me choose any other speed. I've made 10 coasters so far. Any ideas?
I'm almost giving up on discwelder bronze. I made one sucessful DVD-A disk so far of 97 songs from one Artist type of DVD but it had to burn it on a 1X speed blank DVD. Cheap COMP-USA brand. I ripped the .wav files at 16/44khz using Roxio. My first attempt I burned 99 songs but the songs just kept skipping like you mentioned. Then 98, same thing. I was able to get the disk to play when burning 97 songs. I have since tried again for another artist type of DVD and could only fit about 88 songs because they were longer as with typical Rush songs but that wouldn't play. I don't know what else to try as I now have about 5 or 6 coasters myself.